It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Portland Police Are Giving Up On Policing The Far-Right

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+2 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:20 PM
link   
frontier.yahoo.com...

It’s common to see far-right extremist groups like the Proud Boys exchanging blows with counterprotesters in Portland. They’ve been doing that for years, often as PPB officers watched until a riot was officially declared and then police cleared the streets using tear gas and other munitions.

Making no comment on the validity of who's right or who's wrong here, why doesn't the city council just rent out a an empty college football stadium and call that the offical protest arena. Then all the right wing groups and all the left wing groups can go there and protest and fight each other to their hears content. No cops, no Army Reserve, just those who want to join in the melee .

Participants relinquish all rights to lawful recourse for actions taken inside the dome. Body bags could be provided every morning for clean up. Sorta Thunder Dome.

Hell, they could turn it into ''pay for view'' and we all could watch and cheer our sides to our hearts content. Maybe even make up tee shirts to wear at parties as the two sides go at one another. Yeah, that's the ticket. Entrepreneur stuff, make anything and everything into a profit making venture.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Proud boys?
What kinda glowworm name is that?

+28 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: TerryMcGuire
frontier.yahoo.com...

It’s common to see far-right extremist groups like the Proud Boys exchanging blows with counterprotesters in Portland. They’ve been doing that for years, often as PPB officers watched until a riot was officially declared and then police cleared the streets using tear gas and other munitions.

Making no comment on the validity of who's right or who's wrong here, why doesn't the city council just rent out a an empty college football stadium and call that the offical protest arena. Then all the right wing groups and all the left wing groups can go there and protest and fight each other to their hears content. No cops, no Army Reserve, just those who want to join in the melee .

Participants relinquish all rights to lawful recourse for actions taken inside the dome. Body bags could be provided every morning for clean up. Sorta Thunder Dome.

Hell, they could turn it into ''pay for view'' and we all could watch and cheer our sides to our hearts content. Maybe even make up tee shirts to wear at parties as the two sides go at one another. Yeah, that's the ticket. Entrepreneur stuff, make anything and everything into a profit making venture.

Antifa wants to burn things proud boys only want to burn antifa.

Antifa are a bunch of wimps.

+26 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:26 PM
link   
So, the police are not risking life and limb to protect the people who attack them and call for their "defunding?"

Well, color me shocked!

You know, when you set the barn ablaze, it's a bit disingenuous to complain about the heat.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

I'm not taking any sides. None of these popup groups are organic.
Too much political bs going on right now.
The leader of the DNC and many others being caught being up to no good.
Emergency distractions needed.
Massive funding pouring in.

You can't really analyze the the situation...it's a organized effort that is springing off some rouge morons that join in.

edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Muninn

Ok then, fine. You can buy your anti antifa tee shirt on line and maybe even hose a pro proud boys afternoon dinner at your house as you cheer your side to victory every Sunday afternoon.

Hell, it could even be scheduled to change locations each week. Antifa-Proudboys melee in San Francisco one week and then in LA and then in Memphis and on and on. It's a money maker don't you think? With the hyped up of politics now, everybody could root for which ever group they support to kill off the other sidel. Each and every week. You clearly have your side picked out so I hope your team well. On not.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: incoserv

Let em all ''take it to the stadium''. A free for all who attend. Maybe even make out ''participation'' badges or ribbons for those who survive?

''I attended the Proud Boys Antifa Protest in Boise, May 1st 2021. Yeah, they can sow them to their jerseys or whatever. Like a letterman's sweater. ..

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I'd also err on the side of caution with this "defund the police" crap.
How else to you usher in a police state than making not loving boots uncool?
Think about it.

They literally made hating police AND protesting uncool at the same time.
Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
edit on 8 by Mandroid7 because: Corr

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

Rouge morons, well yes indeed. So why not capitalize on these rogue morons. Turn them into a profit making venture. Utilizing all that volunteer energy to make the organizers rich.

+11 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: TerryMcGuire

Let's say you are a cop. Let's say you are a cop in Portland in 2020... You've spent the past 3 months having bricks and bottles thrown at you, been pushed into a building and had the doors blockaded while an attempt to set that building on fire was made, you've incessantly been told you are a "bastard" and seen "kill the cops" spray painted on every surface in downtown. Now you are in a position where the ACAB's crowd is staring at someone who is looking to kick their teeth down their throats.

Why in the blue hell would any cop suddenly white knight that scenario and save the same asshats who were calling for your death right up to the moment where they discovered they needed cops a hell of a lot more than cops need them? I wouldn't blame the Portland PD at this point if they joined the Proud Boys and ended this 90 day + tomfoolery in Portland once and for all. Hell, if I was a Portland tax payer, I'd applaud them for doing it at this point.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:46 PM
link   

For the past 3 plus months they called the police murdering thugs for any action stopping their temper tantrum.

In true alt-left, brainwashed, rich kid, parent-funded, entitlement they then complain when their violence is answered with violence and then piss and moan how the police aren't doing anything.

This is literally their MO. They bitch about Geneva Convention while using devices to blind anybody in their way. They say they are peaceful, but their whole methodology is designed to provoke a response. They claim to be press while inciting violence then put up edited videos of how the police are silencing the press.

I don't want an arena for them to all fight in. I want equal protection from crime no matter what politician and bought and paid for DA is installed. That isn't what is happening. This has been going on for years. Antifa incites violence, edits their footage, and blame the big bad racists.

Enough. If violent riots are stopped and people start getting charged this will stop on both sides.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sure, I get it. So send em all to the stadium. All protesting limited to the stadium.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Fun fact...get on the phone and donate to blm...you are redirected to the dnc.
The majority of the blm funds are going to the dnc.
Small businesses are being killed off, as big corporations are using insurance for damage and tax dollars to cover temporary revenue loss, which didn't happen btw...now they will operate at record profits from no competition, as well as leaning toward internet sales and reducing actual operating costs of employees and buildings/assets.
The entire dnc was going down in flames from wiki podest emails, to mossad island, to for sale to China politicians.
The system requires 2 parties to continue working as planned.
The organizers are rich and want to continue as such.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

a reply to: burdman30ott6

Sure, I get it. So send em all to the stadium. All protesting limited to the stadium.

Wouldn't work though. They've declared the downtown riots illegal assemblies and riots nightly for 3 months... the inbred paste eaters of ANTIFA/BLM/ACAB refuse to adhere to society's laws and rules, meaning they intend to setup their circus tents wherever they want to.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
So now its an issue?

They havent been policing the far left for what 90 days now?

I dont care who it is but someone needs to crack down on the clowns in that city.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

My solution is simple.

Have someone clean out my septic tank.

Take the full tanker and hook it up to a water cannon.

Point water cannon (hooked to my septic tank contents) at rioters.

Pull trigger.

It would make Portland smell better than it currently does, it would eliminate my full septic tank, it would have an influence if the rioters continued to riot.

win-win-win

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Let em all ''take it to the stadium''. A free for all who attend. Maybe even make out ''participation'' badges or ribbons for those who survive?

''I attended the Proud Boys Antifa Protest in Boise, May 1st 2021. Yeah, they can sow them to their jerseys or whatever. Like a letterman's sweater. ..

Won't work. The objective is not to just riot. There is a psychological and moral objective that is really the end game.

Have a look at this video on Bitchute. It explains a lot. What this guy said some maybe 50 or 60 years ago or more was going to happen is exactly what is happening.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:01 PM
link   
"Proud Boys exchanging blows with counterprotesters"

Aren't the Proud Boys the counterprotesters this time?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Lets make a movie about this. Call it Streets of Anti-Fire. My apologies to "Streets of Fire"...

Streets of Fire, You Toob

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Mandroid7

It's a fallacy. Proud boys are organic. I've seen couple of right-wing boys starting to show up to defend trully peaceful meetings like praying people not fighting back after they got attacked by thugs with bike locks.
Your post is fake. Putting them on the same level as antifa is like calling them nazi. That's what CNN does for obvious reasons.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join