It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many of you are sick of these commercials

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: galaga
I also asked where the other types of interracial couples were on TV.

Who cares? Who the hell worries about such irrelevant crap that they actually try to tabulate the amount?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:14 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oh yeah. I'm not sure about the percentages, but it's pretty easy to figure it out if you just watch tv.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rekrul
Oh yeah. I'm not sure about the percentages, but it's pretty easy to figure it out if you just watch tv.

Let me know when you work out the numbers then.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

It's not going to happen because I really don't care enough about it. I don't watch TV.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   

We get it, you are hung up on the %. Why not try take off your bias that you clearly show by trying to paint that member as a racist, so desperate?

I do not know about other pillow fights you two had before, but he is not alone with his observation.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: ThatDamnDuckAgain
Why not try take off your bias that you clearly show by trying to paint that member as a racist, so desperate?

Bias? I just think it's asinine to sit there and count how many interracial couples there are in commercials versus non. It's a bit pathological if you ask me.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   

It's not going to happen because I really don't care enough about it.

Kind of my point. Who TF worries about s*** like this.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

And sitting around on a conspiracy website isn't? For all we know commercials are brainwashing people, so it's a fitting subject to think about here.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

I also asked where the other types of interracial couples were on TV.

Who cares? Who the hell worries about such irrelevant crap that they actually try to tabulate the amount?

I have a degree in advertising. So yeah, people like me think of crap like this. I dont have a degree in mathematics, but when you see 3 out of 4 commercials in this manner, its pretty basic arithmetic.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:25 PM
link   
a reply to: galaga

Literally if you have eye balls you can see it.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It is his impression, of course he can not back it up. It should be more obvious by the flat 80% and not some precise number. Bias might be the wrong word, but hung up on the % should give you and idea what I want to express.

I do not count either. My country is surely not that diverse, so it is even more obvious here. It is done on a lot of things and not only TV. It is not bad but one has to be allowed to wonder about the reasons.

And I embrace differences, am surely not racist but others and I have to be allowed, to voice their observation without being painted as racists.

There is that factor that one has to be aware off and it is kind of self establishing observations. One see's cats a lot if one thinks, worries or has to do with them on a regular basis.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:29 PM
link   

And sitting around on a conspiracy website isn't?

This stopped being a conspiracy site years ago.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: chiefsmom
Interesting, because in most of the interracial commercials I have been seeing, it has been a white man, with an african american woman.

Here in MI anyway.

How often do you see that as compared to the other way around in real life? It probably depends on where you are but it's nowhere near the opposite.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   

I have a degree in advertising.

And? It still doesn't explain you focusing on one type of pairing to the exclusion of others with a fictitious percentage.

link   

I agree. This place used to be fun for different reasons than it is now.

link   
I have always considered the idea that commercials that over represent African Americans and other groups, was to cater to a market target. But after careful observation of these commercials, the portrayal of African American's as mostly upwardly mobile with strong father figures, seems more like a W.A.S.P. family played by black actors, regardless if it were a mixed family in the commercial. Plus the products or services advertised seem directed toward a white demographic. So are they showing this to give the African American sub-culture role models and the life style they should strive for?

Also, why have more black people in a commercial broadcast in a mostly white demographic? I noticed that the locally produced commercials have mostly, if not all, white actors or are at least realistic with around 20% blacks.

I have also noted that the Asian and Latino communities are much lower in representation compared to population, esp. Asian.

I conclude that this is some kind of a social engineering project directed at a mostly white audience to influence their perception of blacks.

Gays are now showing up too, and not just implied, but showing public displays of affection like holding hands and kissing. I rarely see this for white couples, almost never with blacks and zero with other races (non-mixed).

I remember a skit from Saturday Night Live (I believe) where a black woman was playing the part of a young girl watching TV and complaining about all the white people on it calling it "white land". She wondered where "black land" was and day dreamed about it. I been thinking about that skit a lot lately and have been wondering where "white land" has gone.

edit on 25-8-2020 by MichiganSwampBuck because: For Clarity

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

The worst one is the bacardi rum commercial with that guy dressed up like a woman and that gay dude stretching his ass out. Honestly nobody wants to see that.

Do you have a link?

LMAO!!!

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

I have a degree in advertising.

And? It still doesn't explain you focusing on one type of pairing to the exclusion of others with a fictitious percentage.

You obviously do not have a degree in advertising.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: HalWesten
LMAO!!!

Glad someone got that...

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   

You obviously do not have a degree in advertising.

I doubt you do either. But even if you did your score keeping is bizarre prima fascia.

edit on 25-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join