It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vice President of Disney sentenced

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+18 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   
I'm making this thread because I find it humorously odd I did not hear about this seemingly little ordeal involving the vice president of one of the BIGGEST producers of children's movies.

insidethemagic.net...

Former vice president of Walt Disney Pictures and Television, Michael Laney, 73, has been sentenced to more than 6 years in prison following a child sex abuse investigation.
The Multnomah County District Attorney’s Office said Laney was sentenced on Friday to 81 months in prison after being found guilty for four counts of first-degree sexual abuse on May 7. In addition to Laney’s prison sentence, the former VP also has to register as a sex offender.
The attorney’s office said the Portland Police Bureau assumed the investigation after it was determined that the abuse had occurred in Portland beginning in approximately 2009. At the time, the victim was about 7 years old.
According to his website, Michael Laney after his tenure as a senior executive at Walt Disney Feature Animation, he then founded and led Warner Bros. Feature Animation as Senior Vice-President, building two animation studios that developed, produced and subsequently released three animated movies.

Executive Management Positions:

Senior Vice-President: Warner Bros. Feature Animation
Vice-President of Operations: Walt Disney Feature Animation
Office of the President, Vice-President, CFO: Dacor
President: Children’s Wonderland, Inc.
President: Cool Roof of California, Inc.
Vice-President, Controller: Ducommun, Inc.
Sr. Vice-President, COO and CFO: Monarch Mirror Door, Inc. (now part of Stanley Works)
Chief Financial Officer: Education Management Systems, Inc.
Chief Financial Officer: Opportunities for Learning, Inc.
Chief Financial Officer: The Energy Trust of Oregon, Inc.

Education:

MBA, Management, University of California, Los Angeles
BS, cum laude, California State University, Northridge

www.oregonlive.com...

Laney’s attorneys, Stephen Houze and Jacob Houze, on Thursday asked the court to postpone enforcing any part of his sentence that would send him into custody while Laney appealed part of the sentence. In a supporting statement, Jacob Houze said the claims against Laney were contradictory and inconsistent, and that there was no physical evidence.

“The character of the evidence is just stories, and the strength of those stories is exceedingly low,” Houze wrote in a statement.

Laney’s attorneys also cited some of Laney’s personal circumstances, noting that he is the caretaker for his wife, who has Parkinson’s disease.

“Sentencing Mr. Laney to any amount of incarceration, much less an actuarial true life sentence, disproportionately impacts him more than a defendant without those personal characteristics,” they said in a statement.

Laney’s wife’s doctor, Blain Crandell, submitted a letter on Laney’s behalf, saying his wife “could be expected to suffer serious consequences to her health and well-being” without an in-home caregiver, a role her husband had been filling.

In a response to Houze’s statement, Multnomah County Deputy District Attorney Charles Mickley called the claims “peculiarly offensive and insulting.”

I'd also like to point out that I could not find a single piece of this story on either Duckduckgo or Google search engines.
ATS what are your thoughts?
edit on fMondayAmerica/Chicago0208699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

edit on fMondayAmerica/Chicago4308699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Flesh699

I'd also like to point out that I could not find a single piece of this story on either Duckduckgo or Google search engines.

I think you don't look so good.
Duck

The sentence is light but could well end up being equivalent to life.
edit on 8/24/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   
Six years for four kids that we know of.
And he will not go to a real prison and get shanked- he'll get a nursing home and probably even get out early.

Those are my thoughts.
I only wish hell was a real place for these people to spend eternity in.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:26 PM
link   

So many high-level people are involved in illegal activities like this, you will rarely see it reported in the mainstream media, or the 95% of local outlets owned by the MSM.

There's a graphic showing the unbelievable number of VIP's who have been forced out of their positions, or arrested. But as one would expect, those posts have been removed from Twitter.

Good find, Flesh699. Thank-you for sharing it!

edit on 8/24/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Because of the virus they will most likely get a ankle bracelet and confinement to his multi million, 50,000 sq foot home on the beach, with his multi million dollar yacht with a swimming pool and a crew of children.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

Apparently, this happened last year:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:40 PM
link   
a reply to: jadedANDcynical

What's your point?
The OP did not say it was news.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Hell, look at the new show Netflix is pimpin called "Cuties". It was revered as a winner at the Sunset Film Festival and one of the guys who was a owner of the Sunset Film Festival was just arrested for molesting children. Then take a gander at Jeffery Epstein debacle, how about Harvey Weinstein?

If BLM wants to burn something down worthwhile, how about Hollyweird?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: jadedANDcynical

Apparently, this happened last year:

Which makes it even more ridiculous because the media didn't have a big scary virus to slap in front of the story.
edit on fMondayAmerica/Chicago2408699 by Flesh699 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:00 PM
link   

Fake news. These entertainment industry executives have nothing but love for children.

Oh wait...

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: seeker1963

Hell, look at the new show Netflix is pimpin called "Cuties". It was revered as a winner at the Sunset Film Festival and one of the guys who was a owner of the Sunset Film Festival was just arrested for molesting children. Then take a gander at Jeffery Epstein debacle, how about Harvey Weinstein?

If BLM wants to burn something down worthwhile, how about Hollyweird?

Lol they can't burn down the money supply.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:20 PM
link   
That’s so messed up, hopefully they put him in general pop with some friendly chaps. 6 years isn’t justice in my book.

I worked at Disney Studios for years and personally for Walt’s daughter Diane and her husband, Ex Disney CEO Ron Miller for many years. If they were still alive today they would be livid to hear this. Although, they sold Disney years ago, they were still very protective of his legacy, the Disney name and anyone attached to it.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
He seems to be as dead as a door nail according to Google.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:52 PM
link   
a reply to: seeker1963
The sexialization of young girls began with MTV videos. The old monkey see monkey do syndrome.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:54 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

MTV killed good music too.

But "Money For Nothing" is pretty good.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

MTV was amazing up until the late 90's.

After that it was dire straits.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Wide-Eyes
Wouldn't know.
I never had cable until '97 or so.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: JON666

MTV killed good music too.

But "Money For Nothing" is pretty good.

I loved MTV when it first came out.

Does anyone know what their very first video was?

"Video Killed the Radio Star" by The Buggles!

edit on 8/25/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 02:35 AM
link   
Where do paedophiles hang out? where children hang out.

How to attract children? open up a children's park.

Disney was a paedophile and Satanist and it looks like he left the business in capable paedophilia hands.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer
Where do paedophiles hang out? where children hang out.
How to attract children? open up a children's park.

I have wondered for many years, before the peadophile bubble was burst open

wide. The child stars in days of yore such as Shirley Temple and Judy Garland etc.

who in later life suffered from mental problems, drug addictions etc. were bound

by a 'conspiracy of silence' which compounded their problems?

Disney was a paedophile and Satanist and it looks like he left the business in capable paedophilia hands.

A legacy passed from one peadophile to another, a case of safe hands?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join