It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RNC Convention 2020 has Opened

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: Ahabstar

I'm still waiting to see what excuse they use to keep Joe in his basement and off the debate stage. Thanks to the fawning press, he "totally proved his mental fitness" with his speech last week, so he should be more than ready for the debate, right?

More and more people are coming out claiming that Bidens speech was heavily edited and carefully spliced.

I'm seeing that too. But there were several news people there that Thursday night. It's hard to believe that he screwed up several times, but not one of them reported it. Can you post a link to what you're seeing?

Just speculation right now.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: toolgal462

originally posted by: walkinghomer

originally posted by: aeroscrog

DNC has been totally outclassed in every way. If I were a Dem I would crawl into a hole and stay there at least until 2024.

Many dems are changing their minds right now.

It's getting more and more difficult for dems to keep their dem cult member's from seeing the truth for themselves.

hahahaha nice try but no mind changing here. Putting out all these black speakers to try and sway votes isn't going to work. You can keep your identity politics.

Mr. Pence, I agree with you

that sounded slightly RACIST. but that is not surprising coming from a Dem.

I know exactly why they were put out there. They were asked to speak to people like me to try and sway black votes. Not gonna work..

Hell ya, you aint gonna be swayed by no uncle tom are ya?

WOW, What a statement to make. I have a lot of respect for a lot of those speakers. I just had a problem with the reason they were brought out there. I am stunned but I guess I shouldn't be.

You had "respect" for them? Liar. We can all see your comments and you showed them ZERO respect. Don't try and play innocent now because I called you out for being a racist.

I love your super power of knowing what I'm thinking. Looking forward to seeing you in the next Marvel movie. Denying that they were brought out there to speak to African Americans is dishonest. I don't dispute the content of their speech, I question the reason why they were chosen. You then made the ultimate racist comment which speaks to who you really are.

Exactly, you were implying they were there as "tokens" and that YOU are better than them. You are a racist jerk.

There you go using those "loaded words"..Remember, YOU said them, not me.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   
a reply to: walkinghomer

So your contention is that they only appeal to black voters?

Funny, I liked all of them myself. I think Sen. Scott is super impressive and felt the same way about AG Cameron. Klacik has made a splash recently too.

But then Thomas Sowell is one of my favorite intellectual authors. I learned more from reading his economic texts than I did from my university Econ 101 classes. I own several of his collections of essays, and I'd recommend his book The Quest for Cosmic Justice to anyone to lay the foundations in a serious discussion on the differences between justice and social justice.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Back on topic.

Night one was a failure
Night two was a success
Night three was good

so far 2/3

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

So your contention is that they only appeal to black voters?

Funny, I liked all of them myself. I think Sen. Scott is super impressive and felt the same way about AG Cameron. Klacik has made a splash recently too.

But then Thomas Sowell is one of my favorite intellectual authors. I learned more from reading his economic texts than I did from my university Econ 101 classes. I own several of his collections of essays, and I'd recommend his book The Quest for Cosmic Justice to anyone to lay the foundations in a serious discussion on the differences between justice and social justice.

You forgot Walter Williams.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   

DNC has been totally outclassed in every way. If I were a Dem I would crawl into a hole and stay there at least until 2024.

It's getting more and more difficult for dems to keep their dem cult member's from seeing the truth for themselves.

hahahaha nice try but no mind changing here. Putting out all these black speakers to try and sway votes isn't going to work. You can keep your identity politics.

I know exactly why they were put out there. They were asked to speak to people like me to try and sway black votes. Not gonna work..

WOW, What a statement to make. I have a lot of respect for a lot of those speakers. I just had a problem with the reason they were brought out there. I am stunned but I guess I shouldn't be.

You had "respect" for them? Liar. We can all see your comments and you showed them ZERO respect. Don't try and play innocent now because I called you out for being a racist.

I love your super power of knowing what I'm thinking. Looking forward to seeing you in the next Marvel movie. Denying that they were brought out there to speak to African Americans is dishonest. I don't dispute the content of their speech, I question the reason why they were chosen. You then made the ultimate racist comment which speaks to who you really are.

Exactly, you were implying they were there as "tokens" and that YOU are better than them. You are a racist jerk.

Then why exactly do you have a problem with them speaking at the RNC convention? Did you take issue with the things they said? Because it looks to me like you took issue with them because they were black and spoke on behalf of Republicans.

That's racism my friend.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Then why exactly do you have a problem with them speaking at the RNC convention? Did you take issue with the things they said? Because it looks to me like you took issue with them because they were black and spoke on behalf of Republicans.

That's racism my friend.

Please go back and read what I said. I said they won't sway my vote. I know why they were chosen and in MY opinion it was to speak to African Americans where their numbers are not that great. If you believe they were chosen to sway his base then you are delusional.

I must say that I do like Tim Scott though

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Bravo to walkinghomer for pulling out the innocent victim card like a good Democrat /Commie party member.
edit on 26-8-2020 by toolgal462 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Bravo to walkinghomer for trying to play victim like a good Democrat party member.

Hahaha are you still hurt for being called out for your obviously "loaded" statements. Remember you said them, not me

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Have any of the speakers used multi-media presentations to back up the more extraordinary statements?

For instance. ABC (Stephanoplous) just called Laura Trump a liar, for saying that Joe Biden wants to defund the police.

Joe Biden said (heard it with my own ears) during an interview in early July that he wanted to take money away from Police and redirect it to social programs.

Isn't DEFUND and REDIRECT the same damn thing?

If I was giving a presentation, I'd show a brief video of Joe saying the above, and also extorting the Ukraine President. 90% of Democrats aren't aware of either. And when you simply say (without evidence to back you up), "Joe Biden said.........", all the Democrats call you a liar.

They are playing word games with defund the police on purpose.

When they say “defund the police”, they say they mean redirect some of the money

When you say “defund the police”, they say you mean disband the police.

You are not worthy to use the same words in the same way as them.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Bravo to walkinghomer for trying to play victim like a good Democrat party member.

Hahaha are you still hurt for being called out for your obviously "loaded" statements. Remember you said them, not me

Called out for what? Calling you out for making derogatory and racist comments about the black speakers at the RNC convention?

Dude, I'm not upset about that.

Nice try at the gaslighting bit too. You play all the Dem/commie games dontya?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Called out for what? Calling you out for making derogatory and racist comments about the black speakers at the RNC convention?

Dude, I'm not upset about that.

Nice try at the gaslighting bit too. You play all the Dem/commie games dontya?

Get back on track. You're making no sense. You said those "loaded" words, not me. I know it hurts but lets agree to disagree and stop taking this thread off topic

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   

sad that you don't see people stopped caring 2 pages ago.

but nice try at the innocent thing and gaslighting. I give u a c+ in Commie 101.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

a reply to: CraftyArrow

I haven't been following the hurricane (what's its name?) very closely. But last I heard it was headed to a sparsely populated section of the TX/LA border. If so, that's good.

Hurricane Laura
Last I heard it might hit near Sabine Pass and Port Author.

I watched the RNC Convention on NBC at a friends house, I only caught 20 percent of it. NBC news felt they had to interject through the whole event calling Trump a liar etc. so that was annoying.... Mostly I've been on my phone reading ATS all day and trying to catch-up on real news.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Attention!

Note that it indicates name-calling, baiting and activity otherwise labeled as political trolling elsewhere on the site. Not generally hateful, bigoted, mean-spirited or gratuitous personal attacks on fellow members. It's also not exempt from the usual forum expectation of remaining on topic.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

MUD PIT or not, attacking other members is not allowed.
Community Announcement re: Decorum

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462
DFTT. He's baiting you. Let it go.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 06:53 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I didn't forget Walter Williams anymore than I forgot Larry Elder or Shelby Steele. Both are also really good, but Sowell is by far my favorite.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 07:05 AM
link   
a reply to: CraftyArrow

CSPAN live feeds. They don't interrupt anything. I heard from the blog feeds I was following that ABC cut out every one of the most important speakers.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   
RNC convention is uplifting, inspirational, and wholesome. Complete 180 from what the DNC put out.

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join