It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Czech Republic and Liechtenstein. On the brink of war?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 07:52 AM
link   
The Liechtenstein state has filed a claim with the European Court of Human Rights. The authorities of the principality are trying to return the territory they previously owned. The claim applies not only to the disputed land, but also to the property.

Litenstein is a dwarf state with an area of ​​160 square kilometers and a population of 38 thousand inhabitants. It shares borders with Switzerland and Austria. The form of government is a monarchy with the ruling dynasty of Liechtenstein.

This country is not a member of the European Union and NATO. Gross domestic income is the highest per capita in the world. The budget is formed from tax revenues from foreign companies registered in Liechtenstein and tourism. One of the largest offshore companies in the world.

After the end of World War II, the Czech Republic nationalized the territory and property of the Prince of Liechtenstein. The basis is the involvement of the principality in Germany. The size of the annexed lands is 2 thousand square kilometers, which is an order of magnitude larger than the current territory of Liechtenstein. Famous ancient castles are located on this land: Valtice, Lednice, Sternberg.

The Czech authorities privatized territories and property on the basis of the Beneš decrees. The Czech leader issued decrees in 1945, on the basis of which the Germans were deported from the country with confiscation of property. As a result, 3 million German citizens were evicted after World War II. Property was nationalized for 250 billion euros in 2020 prices.

The Germans who remained in the country were forbidden:

- Travel by public transport,

- Walk on sidewalks,

- Speak and write in your native language,

- Be in a public place,

· Leave without the permission of the police.

The Czech authorities confiscated the lands and real estate of Liechtenstein due to the recognition of Prince Joseph II as a German citizen in 1939. The authorities of the principality disputed this claim. According to their statement, Joseph II did not support Hitler's policy and listed assistance to the Czechoslovak leaders in exile.

Despite the repeated appeals of the Liechtenstein government to the courts, the Czech Republic does not return disputed territories and real estate to their legal owners. The reigning prince is forced to appeal to the European Court of Human Rights.

Will the situation lead to a war between European countries? What do you think, dear members of the ATS forum?

Thank.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:01 AM
link   
a reply to: RussianTroll

We have devised courts for this exact process and Liechtenstein is already doing it.

They have no military capability yet the Czech has a modern freaking military with significant resources and advanced tech.

This will have to stay in court cuz a war will be super fast easy Czech win.

I'd like to see Monaco vs Luxemburg tho.
Or Liechtenstein vs Vatican?
edit on 8/24/2020 by muzzleflash because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
War? No.

First of all, if they are filing a complaint in the court then they are not thinking about war.

Besides that, Liechtenstein doesn't have an army, so it would be a one sided war.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   

I think its all monies over there, so a handbags at dawn, lawyers, and attorneys taking potshots at one another scenario is probably on the cards as opposed to any sort of real conflict with guns and bullets.
edit on 24-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

War?
It would be like an ant vs a boot.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:07 AM
link   

How exactly would the Czechs get there?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: ArMaP
War? No.

First of all, if they are filing a complaint in the court then they are not thinking about war.

Besides that, Liechtenstein doesn't have an army, so it would be a one sided war.

I was going to say similar, something along the lines of does Liechtenstein even have enough people to form an army?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:08 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Liechteinstein is the offshore capital. There is so much money there that no army is needed.

edit on 24-8-2020 by RussianTroll because: correct

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   
a reply to: muzzleflash

Geneva v Vatican City

Whose got the most $

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I know this is silly and there will be no war, but...

Victory to Liechtenstein!

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:14 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

The military has such things - missiles and planes. See what it is on Wikipedia

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   

By plane or they'll get permission from Merkel

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

originally posted by: RussianTroll
he military has such things - missiles and planes. See what it is on Wikipedia

Really? Wow. Who knew.

Maybe you can explain overflight permission next.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
By plane or they'll get permission from Merkel

Yeah, that'll happen.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

Liechteinstein is the offshore capital

hey Troll, riddle me this " offshore to what country?"

hint ....use gooooogle maps

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

I love these threads. I'm going blue with laughter. The Troll is trolling us

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Interesting situation.

Liechtenstein was neutral during ww2 and had a jewish princess. Be interesting to see how this turns out.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: grey580
...jewish princess.

Redundant.

I have one of those myself and should know.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   
All you need to know about Liechtenstein is they once tried to build a wall to keep England out but our artillery made it redundant:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: RussianTroll
he military has such things - missiles and planes. See what it is on Wikipedia

Really? Wow. Who knew.

Maybe you can explain overflight permission next.

You asked "how?" I answered you "how". You are kind of an adult, you yourself can think, and not constantly ask men.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join