It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Another democratic run city in flames:

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

I keep saying the cops shouldn't show up.
Everybody wins.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

bLM rioting and looting in the name of criminals is par for the course. And democrats have yet to condemn any of these dirtbags unless they targeted a fellow democrat.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

Thank the democrats and media. They painted the targets on the backs of our law enforcement. I wouldn't be taking any chances either, better the criminal than me. My life is far more important.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:00 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

originally posted by: CthruU
Newsflash -

Until the victim actually holds a firearm and threatens someone by pointing it he is UNARMED.

Do police no longer know how to aprehend alleged offenders.

This is Grevious bodily harm or even attempted murder at a bare minimum.....perhaps even soon to be murder.

Police attitudes especially of late make me sick.

Another copper heading to jail. Eventually.

HOW ABOUT LISTENING TO AND OBEYING THE COP'S ORDERS!

That is the common denominator in practically all these cases. The person getting shot simply doesn't follow directions and STFU. There is a special kind of stupid with these folks. Many are too worked up and overly emotional.

I do think cops should have better de-escalation training but at some point you just have to put blame on the people not following directions.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: odzeandennz

I keep saying the cops shouldn't show up.
Everybody wins.

That's exactly how the cops should respond to this nonsense. Let these people police themselves and see what happens.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think citizens are going to have to take care of this. Cops are not doing their jobs. They are turning into cowards and every inner city in America is turning to ash. Colored people think they can just ignore the law without consequence? This maniac is a good example. All he had to do was stop and deal with it in court. The rest of the colored people use it as an excuse to go third world. I am unsure why they would care about a career criminal that has provided nothing to society but grief.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   
IMO, looks like they had a few chances to pin the guy against the car or yank him away from it once he reached the door.

Not saying the suspect did no wrong, that’s obviously not the case, but the cops let him walk right to his door. Dude should have been on the ground before he even made it to the front, driver side tire.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   
a reply to: Echo007

The day you face a situation where it's potentially your life or the other guy's, get back to us on your hindsight expertise. Or you can even go become a law officer so that when you get into a situation like that, you can keep your sidearm tucked away as a known criminal reaches for something.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Please trust me when I say that if this can suddenly happen in Kenosha, it can happen anywhere.

Kenosha is the epitome of small town America .(though a little larger recently)

Many on this site might even remember some of the buildings from outings on That 70's Show that still existed yesterday, and hopefully today.

Or Steve Urkel's neighborhood on Family Matters (neighboring Racine)

Or the stadium and many of the cityscapes from A League Of Our Own with Tom Hanks. Not only was the movie shot there in Racine and kenosha, but it was a true story and the real team played their real games in that same stadium and another in Kenosha, that still exist today. I hope.

Kenosha had a LOT of peaceful protests recently. No significant violence, zero looting, and it seemed like the entire town was on the streets every weekend (they work for a living). This was not Portland until yesterday.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
a reply to: Echo007

Actually reaching or the appearance of reaching for a weapon is a valid reason to use deadly force.
That's been proven in court multiple times.

This is what it looked like as a possibility to me.
He was definitely reaching for something inside the car door.
If it was a gun...they had every right to shoot him.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:54 AM
link   

originally posted by: aeroscrog
a reply to: SocratesJohnson

This is the town I grew up in, Tremper HS.

A proud and safe blue collar city of ~80k just north of the illinois border when I was there.

Thank you for posting this, I wasn't aware until now.

Am very sad now though.

I'll try to post any local info I dig up. First glance at local forums looks very bad.

I graduated from reuther in 98.

Moved out 6 yrs ago. Damn glad to be out of there. Been trying to get family to move out ever since.

Damn shame, as it was a beautiful place when i was a kid. I still miss coho-rama, and cruising the lake in my old mustang.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Notoneofyou

What happened to the city?
From a former residents point of view?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

I'm a little older, but left earlier. My entire family was out by 2000. I can't stand the weather but always enjoy going back in the summer for a bit - not for a few years though.

I thought it was even more beautiful last time, lots of white collar folks building on the west side and a lot of new attractions. The former chrysler site and surrounding area were even looking decent.

Salmon A Rama for me, and whatever junker I could afford, but same lakefront.

Small world this is.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

I'll also answer from my point of view.

Manufacturing jobs moved to China. These were successful factory towns for 150 years.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Below is text of the charge with open warrant. Apologies for the formatting, I'm on mobile.

JS = Judicial Service Squad

They usually have a 1-3 business delay before new charges will appear here.

07-07-2020 Notes
Additional text:
Warrant sent to JS

07-07-2020 Arrest warrant issued for Blake, Jacob S. Bates, Gregory $500.00

07-06-2020 Proposed Order
07-06-2020 Demand for Discovery - Prosecutor
Additional text:
and witness list filed by the State

07-06-2020 Electronic Filing Notice
07-06-2020 Case initiated by electronic filing
07-06-2020 Complaint filed

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   

Are you old enough to remember mid city drive in on Sheridan? Great times there!

I actually took a few classes at Gateway back in the day. This incident was basically right across the street from there (closer to Washington Park)

Nobody I know has anything bad happening where they live, but they are way out by Pets. I'm starting to think (or hope maybe) that the worst part of this was contained pretty quickly.

I used to be able to link to the harbor cams but they haven't been responding today. Its been a couple years so might not be the same address anymore. I was hoping to find one pointing towards land.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Can't fully elaborate, as I'm at work.

But short version:

Snap-on tools world h.q.
Simmons mattresses h.q.
A.M.C. h.q.
American Brass
Pirsch firetrucks
Jockey international h.q.

And many more major manufacturers used to call Keno home.

You couldn't throw a stone without hitting a good job w/ benefits.

Low crime rate, clean city, and a happy place to live when i grew up there.

We didn't lock doors, knew our while neighborhood like family.

Then in the mid 80's early 90's the unions moved hard on the local manufacturers execs.

Turned damn near every place inside out, cut pensions, fired outright anyone who had any stake in the companies, sold out to the big movers and shakers.

Companies went tits-up, and so did the families.

Drugs and alcoholism went through the roof.
P.c. culture came in hard, along with the hoodrats from Chicago and Milwaukee looking for fresh markets.

Illegals poured in, and decimated the construction/automotive buisnesses.

City decided to make the p.d. It's new cash cow.
Court system went full retard, decided everyone needs to be on child-support/welfare/ or probation.

Police department went fully independent, investigating itself for shootings that it decides is never guilty of.

Chaos, depression, economic plunge followed.

There's so much more, but as I said, in at work.

I'll get back to the thread later.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:44 AM
link   
a reply to: aeroscrog

Yes, I do. Right next to shirls ice cream, and Sheridan lanes.

Also bought my first deer rifle at Jalensky's.
edit on 24-8-2020 by Notoneofyou because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

So basically free trade combined with open borders and corrupt labor unions.

It amazes me how anyone ever thought those things were a good idea.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join