It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Abraham Lincoln, first Republican President insight into Founding Fathers Intent

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Abraham Lincoln, Americas first Republican President explains in minute detail the intent of the Founding Fathers in their construction of the Constitution and the issue of Slavery. He gives a very lengthy rebuttal speech at Coopers Union and details the issue of Slavery in America and how the majority of the founding fathers built the eventuality of a civil war into the Republic right from the beginning.

www.abrahamlincolnonline.org...

please open the link and honestly read and understand this speech prior to commenting.

The mission of ATS is to be fully informed.

Final note is a quote from Herbert Spencer:

There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all argument and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance. This principle is contempt prior to examination.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 02:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: ontogeny55
Abraham Lincoln, Americas first Republican President explains in minute detail the intent of the Founding Fathers in their construction of the Constitution and the issue of Slavery. He gives a very lengthy rebuttal speech at Coopers Union and details the issue of Slavery in America and how the majority of the founding fathers built the eventuality of a civil war into the Republic right from the beginning.

Bolding mine and I have no idea how you jumped to that conclusion.

Civil war was only eventual if a political party perverted the meaning and words of the Constitution and used lies and deceit to stay in power.

History has not changed much, has it?

Under all these circumstances, do you really feel yourselves justified to break up this Government unless such a court decision as yours is, shall be at once submitted to as a conclusive and final rule of political action? But you will not abide the election of a Republican president! In that supposed event, you say, you will destroy the Union; and then, you say, the great crime of having destroyed it will be upon us! That is cool. A highwayman holds a pistol to my ear, and mutters through his teeth, "Stand and deliver, or I shall kill you, and then you will be a murderer!"

To be sure, what the robber demanded of me - my money - was my own; and I had a clear right to keep it; but it was no more my own than my vote is my own; and the threat of death to me, to extort my money, and the threat of destruction to the Union, to extort my vote, can scarcely be distinguished in principle.

A few words now to Republicans. It is exceedingly desirable that all parts of this great Confederacy shall be at peace, and in harmony, one with another. Let us Republicans do our part to have it so. Even though much provoked, let us do nothing through passion and ill temper. Even though the southern people will not so much as listen to us, let us calmly consider their demands, and yield to them if, in our deliberate view of our duty, we possibly can. Judging by all they say and do, and by the subject and nature of their controversy with us, let us determine, if we can, what will satisfy them.

We are watching this repeat itself right now in our time.

Lincoln's words then hold true to this day.

America even has the same enemy now as it did then.

The Democratic party.

edit on 23-8-2020 by Lumenari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Lumenari

look at the GREAT COMPROMISE and extrapolate how that particular concession would come to fruition.
assume the framers of the Constitution were stupider than current common citizens please

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: ontogeny55

look at the GREAT COMPROMISE and extrapolate how that particular concession would come to fruition.
assume the framers of the Constitution were stupider than current common citizens please

At the time they framed and wrote the Constitution they had already forgotten more than a "current common citizen" will ever know.

And the Great (or Sherman) Compromise balanced the representation of smaller States so that larger States wouldn't end up running everything.

A House that was represented by people voted into office by their districts, balanced by a Senate that held two Senators per State that were elected by the State legislature.

It was brilliant.

Too bad the 17th Amendment ruined that...

I am assuming that you are attempting to reference the Three-Fifths Compromise, which is another thing altogether.

You attended public school, I'm assuming?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Then why did the southern strategy exist? Just for fun?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

That was just another desperate red herring by Democrats πŸ˜ƒπŸ˜ŽπŸ˜ƒ

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:01 PM
link   
a reply to: ontogeny55
I would suggest reading the book The Real Lincoln
www.amazon.com...

edit on 23-8-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Dnc, gop, same thing until recently. But at the end of the day they both want one thing. And both held their strategies strong just to gain power.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Dnc, gop, same thing until recently. But at the end of the day they both want one thing. And both held their strategies strong just to gain power.

That wild red herring claim has been around for decades and they've never proven anything πŸ˜†

Maybe one un-provable example occasionally πŸ˜†

Most "proof" is all BS and easily shot in the ass πŸ˜†

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:35 PM
link   

You think it didn't exist?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
And yet Lincoln was willing to kick the can on down the road with his backing of the Corwin Amendment. Had he been successful , slavery still may be legal in the states that eventually joined the Confederacy. So much for his moral high ground.
edit on 23-8-2020 by Arizonaguy because: typo

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:57 PM
link   

You think it didn't exist?

Red Herring !!

😎

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:05 PM
link   
One thing I’ve learned when it comes to history and/or people of history is:

You can’t judge β€œa whole” by one document, speech, letter, etc.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:50 PM
link   

If you really want to know the actual history behind it...

Lincoln was put into power by the Northern bankers... the ones who owned the media at the time... the name Morgan comes to mind.

They would never let the South coin their own money and get away with it, after all...

So they put Lincoln into office because of his views on slavery.

Lincoln in time figured it out...

He was, after all, more afraid of the bankers to the North then he was the Generals of the South.

Here's a fun quote for you...

Our republican system was meant for a homogeneous people. As long as blacks continue to live with the whites they constitute a threat to the national life. Family life may also collapse and the increase of mixed breed bastards may some day challenge the supremacy of the white man.

Abraham Lincoln

Lincoln had in mind that once the slaves to the south were freed, then he would deport every black person in America back to Africa.

He had already made the deal.

Oddly enough, he was assassinated 5 days after the Civil War officially ended.

The Civil War didn't really have a lot to do with "freeing the slaves" as much as reminding the States to the south that despite the 10th Amendment, they only really had power if they remembered who was actually in power.

The banksters.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Ah I see. So Nixon and Lincoln were best buds? And talked it all through?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Ah I see. So Nixon and Lincoln were best buds? And talked it all through?

I see you sort of missed my point.

I understand why you don't understand though.

Here is your participation trophy for the thread...

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

No, I understand your conspiracy theory.

I was juat pointing out that exact moment in time when the gop went off the rails and the democrats actually changed rather naturally. I still think they're both scum tho.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: strongfp
explain the southern strategy

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:19 AM
link   
yes it is repeating itself.
here is an inscription on a gravestone in kansas from the 1890

Through this inscription I wish to enter my dying protest against what is called the Democratic party. I have watched it closely since the days of Jackson and know that all the misfortunes of our nation have come to it through this so called party. Therefore, beware of this party of treason.”

www.snopes.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:38 AM
link   
you are correct about the 3/5th compromise.
i went to private schools
Ad Hominem

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join