It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump To Reveal Coronavirus 'Breakthrough' Therapeutic, WH Press Secretary Says

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I so hope they can find a cheap pill that will defeat this virus. I know, who am I kidding, cheap treatments are forbidden and we must have a pharmaceutical company patented drug or the FDA and CDC will forbid usage.

I guess we will find out at 6 PM.

www.foxnews.com...

President Trump plans to hold a news conference Sunday evening regarding a potential major therapeutic “breakthrough” for treating the coronavirus. Earlier in the day, the president suggested someone at the FDA was purposefully trying to delay clinical trials for therapeutics and vaccines for political purposes.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: infolurker

Trump supporting it will be the 'Kiss Of Death' for it in the Leftist media.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:35 AM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

I tend to agree. Will be interesting if that happens and then the rest of the world uses it successfully.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Whatever this treatment may be...it's already "racist" and kills people.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:39 AM
link   
I am so much hoping this is true but it's 2020 and I'm sceptical, but here is hoping. That said if they can trace it back to one individual that's blocking this? please tell me there are repercussions for them especially it's for political reasons. Honestly if it's gone that far I'd like to see an abolishment of political parties, and conventions, lobbying and bills with pork belly riders attached.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   

My guess is one of the monoclonal antibody treatments -and my further guess is that it's Regeneron's REGN-COV2 cocktail - it's been long enough in clinical trials to yield some results, and they just reached a deal for production / distribution with Roche the other day for overseas markets. Unlikely there'd be such a deal if it were turning out to be a dud.

I've long been hoping synthetic antobodies to be the "Silver Bullet" we've been waiting for - choose the right antibodies, and not only can you prevent the worst progressions of Covid-19, you can actually use it as a short-term prophylactic (almost like a vaccine) for high-risk people - medical people, at-risk people who've been exposed, etc , to prevent infections in the first place. Such a therapy would provide 2-3 months of immunity.

This could be great news (fingers crossed.)

p.s. - it's been in production for awhile now - done on spec, with the hope it'll work and be approved.

edit on 23-8-2020 by squittles because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-8-2020 by squittles because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: squittles

My guess is one of the monoclonal antibody treatments -and my further guess is that it's Regeneron's REGN-COV2 cocktail - it's been long enough in clinical trials to yield some results, and they just reached a deal for production / distribution with Roche the other day for overseas markets. Unlikely there'd be such a deal if it were turning out to be a dud.

I've long been hoping synthetic antobodies to be the "Silver Bullet" we've been waiting for - choose the right antibodies, and not only can you prevent the worst progressions of Covid-19, you can actually use it as a short-term prophylactic (almost like a vaccine) for high-risk people - medical people, at-risk people who've been exposed, etc , to prevent infections in the first place. Such a therapy would provide 2-3 months of immunity.

p.s. - it's been in production for awhile now - done on spec, with the hope it'll work and be approved.

Hopefully you are right, I know nothing about this , but thier stock being down might be a negative indicator.

Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
NASDAQ:REGN
$605.49down$-11.40(-1.85%)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Maybe HHS/FDA declaring Hydroxychloroquine as SAFE and EFFECTIVE.

Announcement being made today to get ahead of the ANTI-RNC hate-filled Democrats and Liberal Media.

They want all focus to be on USPS Postmaster General Louis DeJoy getting spit-roasted by House demoncrats at tomorrow's hearing, and the (they hope) two hurricanes headed for the USA this week.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:12 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Hopefully you are right, I know nothing about this , but thier stock being down might be a negative indicator.

Yeah - my guess is equal parts "hope" and "guess" - personally, I don't care if it involves eye of newt from a witches coven - as long as it works.

Remdesivir was a bit of a "tin bullet" - it plus convalescent plasma and dexamethsone for late-stage ARDS are the current standard of treatment and while it helps, it isn't a cure - far too many people are still dying (and not being counted are those whose health is permanently damaged.)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

hi, Lurker. info is your first name, right? great name! what would we be without info, right? i will announce the biggest news of all times on sunday! the evil democrats will howl and the terrorist leftists will attack me because they don't believe in god. i am the biggest christian in the world, nobody is a greater christian as i am. i pray every evening. and i regularly read the bible. i like the second part of the bible better! although the third part is also great, the greatest third part of all times. yes, we have a vaccine against corona. the drug is called 'cyanuric acid' and if you mix it with budweiser and then a hamburger you are immunized against the virus. great news, right? it will be available after the election. promised!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   
a reply to: oloufo

Hahaha ummm... Shew okay!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I think its pretty clear at this point that efficacy is largely irrelevant.

So, hopefully the profit potential of whatever he will announce will be enough to override the zealous hatred of Trump. Itll also have to profit the "correct" people.

We shall see how it goes

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: putnam6

Yeah - my guess is equal parts "hope" and "guess" - personally, I don't care if it involves eye of newt from a witches coven - as long as it works.

Remdesivir was a bit of a "tin bullet" - it plus convalescent plasma and dexamethsone for late-stage ARDS are the current standard of treatment and while it helps, it isn't a cure - far too many people are still dying (and not being counted are those whose health is permanently damaged.)

Yep we need some real good news, something tangible. As has been mentioned what ever it is will be torn apart by the media regardless. It's got to be irrefutable or it won't convince the sheep.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

My guess is one of the monoclonal antibody treatments -and my further guess is that it's Regeneron's REGN-COV2 cocktail - it's been long enough in clinical trials to yield some results, and they just reached a deal for production / distribution with Roche the other day for overseas markets. ........

Yes, it shows a lot of promise, but it's been in Phase III trials for only about a week or so. Normally, they have to run about 30,000 test subjects in double blind experiments for several months to prove it's both safe and effective. The FDA wouldn't want to release it until that trial is complete. Maybe that's what Trump is complaining about--he wants it released before the trial is complete?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Serdgiam
I think its pretty clear at this point that efficacy is largely irrelevant.

So, hopefully the profit potential of whatever he will announce will be enough to override the zealous hatred of Trump. Itll also have to profit the "correct" people.

We shall see how it goes

Isn't it ridiculous that you find yourself coming to this unfortunate yet logical compromise.

Sadly even if the profit market cap is high enough , the fact that he is announcing it will be enough to have it slandered by the Left.

edit on 23-8-2020 by asabuvsobelow because: mis spell

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: oloufo

hi, Lurker. info is your first name, right? great name! what would we be without info, right? i will announce the biggest news of all times on sunday! the evil democrats will howl and the terrorist leftists will attack me because they don't believe in god. i am the biggest christian in the world, nobody is a greater christian as i am. i pray every evening. and i regularly read the bible. i like the second part of the bible better! although the third part is also great, the greatest third part of all times. yes, we have a vaccine against corona. the drug is called 'cyanuric acid' and if you mix it with budweiser and then a hamburger you are immunized against the virus. great news, right? it will be available after the election. promised!

Which begs to ask the obvious question....

After they figure out a vaccine for Covid, will they start seriously pouring some money into a treatment for TDS?

I mean, people are mentally deteriorating at a rapid rate all around us.

#LeftyLivesMatter

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Can't wait for the crew to tell me how bad this is.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join