It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sociopathic traits linked to non-compliance with mask guidelines and COVID-19 containment measures

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Hey every body, just dropping by with a helpful public service announcement.

Do you find yourself questioning the idea of masks, lockdowns or any covid-19 measures undertaken by various governments around the world?

Well by golly, you're probably a sociopath.

li nk

New research from Brazil has found that people who are unconcerned with adhering to measures to prevent the spread of COVID-19 tend to display higher levels of traits associated with antisocial personality disorder, also known as sociopathy.

To our knowledge, this is the first study focused on COVID-19 compliance with the containment measures and antisocial traits to be conducted in a large Latin American sample using a repeated cross-sectional design.”

In the online study, 1,578 Brazilian adults completed a measure of maladaptive personality traits between May 21 and June 29, 2020. They also completed assessments of empathy and compliance with COVID-19 containment measures.

The researchers found that those who scored higher on measures of callousness, deceitfulness, hostility, impulsivity, manipulativeness, and risk-taking tended to be less compliant with COVID-19 containment measures, such as socially distancing, washing hands frequently, and wearing a facemask in public. Participants with greater empathy, on the other hand, tended to be more compliant with COVID-19 containment measures.

Our findings can be useful for public health policies, e.g., through screenings that demonstrate an elevation in these traits, interventions can be carried out aiming at greater awareness and consequent compliance with containment measures.

So in a study they found that people with sociopathic traits tend to ignore lockdown orders, conclusions drawn in the article, all people who ignore lockdown orders are sociopaths.

And that last part, recommended mental health screening that look for an elevation of 'anti-covid measure' traits and 'interventions' to ensure compliance by those individuals.

edit on 23/8/2020 by dug88 because: Fixed link

MOD NOTE
Before you post, please read this public service reminder:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on Sun Aug 23 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Sociopaths telling us we are the sociopaths.

Hyuk.

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88
Amazing the extent at which theyre willing to take this stupid @#$%.

+6 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Wrong! The sociopaths are the ones mandating the masks.

Classic sociopathic behavior. Blame others for what you are blatantly doing,

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: KKLOCO

Wrong! The sociopaths are the ones mandating the masks.

Classic sociopathic behavior. Blame others for what you are blatantly doing,

I learned that from administration 45.
The scapegoatherder

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:01 AM
link   
The next time someone pushes back at one of those "innocuous" laws that target the mentally ill "for their own good," remember this thread. This is exactly why we can't have decent mental health care in this country... too many mentally ill people in positions of leadership trying to make any thought they don't agree with into a mental illness.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:02 AM
link   

You've described JESUS CHRIST. He rebelled against authority by doing good things for mankind, and was punished greatly!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:08 AM
link   

REMINDER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is NOT the Mud Pit!!!

All rules for polite political debate will be enforced.
Do NOT Politicize this Thread!!!!!!!!!

Members must Stay on Topic!!!
Reaffirming Our Desire For Productive Political Debate (REVISED)

No Political Trolling.....either in words or images.

You are responsible for your own posts.....those who ignore that responsibility will face mod actions.
Posts WILL be removed...

and, as always:

Do NOT reply to this post!!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   
COVID-19 Vaccine Messaging, Part 1 [Clinical Study]

Looks like someone has been doing their home work. When they pull out Child Protective Services onto unsuspecting parents it is getting really low.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

I would think hypocrisy comes from within.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: dug88
Well by golly, you're probably a sociopath.

Duh. Tell me something I didn't know.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I love these masks...they really help hide the fact that I express no real emotion of any kind.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
In some circles they say real recognize real.

Yet I think we know what's really going on.

Don't tell nobody.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:36 AM
link   
lmfao

i HATE the bad guys
i hate propaganda
i hate globalism
i hate internationlism
and i hate the protocols

i hate propagandist garbage like this, and the basttards politicizing libtery.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:17 PM
link   
The article describes me to a Tee. And I didn’t even know I was a sociopath.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: spacedoubt

You must be a slow learner if you've only recently discerned those traits in an elected official.
edit on 8/23/2020 by TheLead because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   
lol people getting pissed off about having to wear stuff on their face that restricts them from breathing and openly rebelling against it makes them mentally ill. AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I wonder if in the 80's during the HIV scare if they weren't thinking about making guys wear condoms whether they were having sex or not, I bet they thought about it. The Covid 19 is a joke and so are the things written in that article.

F*** 2020

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
So for the last 10,000 years, since the beginning of civilization, it was considered normal to *not* routinely cover your face with a cloth in most societies. Literally for the entire history of mankind.

But in the last six months, under government threat of jail or being denied access to basic services like food, people have been forcibly covering their lower faces.

And that's now considered "normal".

Got it.
edit on 23-8-2020 by LanceCorvette because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:10 PM
link   
Shocked its taken them this long to make this sort of statement.

considering the culture war right now, this was inevitable.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:12 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

<<   2  3 >>

join