It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if there's no president elect on January 20th

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
If something similar occurred today there would be chaos

Kind of my point. If Trump plays election result shenanigans the Democrats will play right back and they actually have the upper hand. Everyone should be hoping the results aren't contested in any capacity.

Unless it's the Democrats sowing the seeds of discord. The entire Mail in vote scenario and the accompanying USPS conspiracy theory are more than just the DNC's show of goodwill for it's fellow Americans.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Let me help you out, who calls the House to vote and who can table matters for later?

Oh, and the current House wouldn't be involved since the Congressional Election certification takes place on January 6th.

It's not going to matter. Republicans are going to pick up more states in the House come November anyway. Trump will take this to the Supreme Court as an emergency matter before he'll ever let Nancy delay election results at the detriment of the country. Trump can declare just about anything in the name of "national security" and we both know damn well that the fallout from this upcoming election will have HUGE national security implications no matter which way it turns.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 06:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
It's not going to matter. Republicans are going to pick up more states in the House come November anyway.

Are you missing the fact that Pelosi can contest any House election and control the committee that determines who actually wins?

Trump will take this to the Supreme Court as an emergency matter before he'll ever let Nancy delay election results at the detriment of the country.

The Constitution delegates to the House the means of adjudicating the election when it's contested which would have happened in 2000 if Florida had gone ahead and appointed its electors had the legal cases gone past December 12th.

Trump can declare just about anything in the name of "national security" and we both know damn well that the fallout from this upcoming election will have HUGE national security implications no matter which way it turns.

But the one thing that he can't do is extend his Presidency beyond January 20th of next year, at noon he's no longer the President. Pelosi can keep tabling or pushing agenda items back until well past then.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

Lol

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Lol

About the level of understanding I've come to expect from you when you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I ate your lunch boy . Lol

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:12 AM
link   

I ate your lunch boy . Lol

Uh-huh. You actually avoided nearly every question I asked, particularly about how the House can control the process via contesting their elections.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

You're lying out of desperation . I answered that .

The house can't contest the 2018 elections .

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 09:15 AM
link   

The house can't contest the 2018 elections .

I know you said 2018, but I was talking about 2020 and never brought up 2018. You like to go off on strawmen tangents when you're wrong.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Why are you operating on assumptions that Nancy Pelosi will be speaker of the house after the 2020 election's ?

Which is a strawman you set up. Initially you said Nancy could challenge the elections in the 2018 Congress. Per your own words .

Lol

Lol

Pelosi, since she would run the old and new Houses, can table anything she wants until after January 3rd.

" Until January 3rd"

Caught you in a lie .

Meaning you were talking about the 2018 house of representatives. It's funny how desperate you become .
edit on 24-8-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Why are you operating on assumptions that Nancy Pelosi will be speaker of the house after the 2020 election's ?

Yup. And if Trump contests the Presidential election she can pretty much guarantee a Democratic House by contesting specific elections for that body.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Which is a strawman you set up. Initially you said Nancy could challenge the elections in the 2018 Congress. Per your own words .

Yeah? The only person who brought up 2018 is you.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:19 AM
link   

You've changed your subject I just caught you in a lie .

By the way I was wrong in my OP. I ask you to do some research which you didn't on amendments to the process since the original contingent elections .

They did admend the process

The 20th Amendment to the Constitution was proposed to the states by Congress on March 22, 1932; the ratification process was completed in less than a year, on January 23, 1933. Section 1 of the Amendment set new expiration dates for congressional and presidential terms: for Congress, the date was changed from March 4 every odd-numbered year to January 3; for the President, it was changed from March 4 to January 20 of every year following a presidential election. The primary purpose of these changes was to eliminate lame duck post-election sessions of Congress26 and to shorten the period between election and inauguration of the President from four months to about 10 weeks.

Amended

I just caught you in a lie changing your position .

Then I was honest and retracted my position .

That tells everybody something about your character versus mine .

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   

You've changed your subject I just caught you in a lie .

No, you just don't have a rebuttal and are trying to make this about your 2018 strawmen.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   

You lied and changed your position repeatedly. You weren't man enough to admit when you make a mistake I am .

I'm better than you .

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

You lied and changed your position repeatedly. You weren't man enough to admit when you make a mistake I am .

I've been referring to the upcoming election since my first post, not my fault you aren't smart enough to figure out your own thread is about 2020.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Liar

Pelosi, since she would run the old and new Houses, can table anything she wants until after January 3rd.

I noticed you avoided addressing the fact that she can table anything she wants until January 3rd of next year.

"until January 3 of next year"

You're talking about the 2018 Congress. And I prove she couldn't challenge them.

So because of your low self-esteem and devious character you chose to lie instead of be honest.

What's it like to be so weak I wouldn't know?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:33 AM
link   

You're talking about the 2018 Congress.

Challenging the 2020 election.

You know, the election your Original Post is about. Or did you forget?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Your words

I noticed you avoided addressing the fact that she can table anything she wants until January 3rd of next year.

" until January 3 of next year "

Which Congress were you talking about ?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 10:43 AM
link   
This is from my OP .

This is from my OP

Currently Republicans hold the majority by state at 26 republican states versus 23 democratic states and one tie Michigan.

This is Augustus first response to my OP. He was talking about the 2018Congress .

That's if Pelosi doesn't challenge the election of House seats. She can create a committee who then awards the seat to a Democrat even if a Republican won and then the House votes on it which means they would then have control of the majority of States.

Liar liar pants on fire 🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥🤥

All you did was come in to troll the thread and you expose yourself for what you are .

You don't even have enough self-confidence to admit when you were wrong .

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join