It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if there's no president elect on January 20th

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Wait a minute I could be wrong. Is there some definition of the word of immediately I was previously unaware of .

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Never said it did quit creating strawmen. 🤦‍♂️

Then if Pelosi can contest the House elections and stall the Presidential confirmation process how does your plan work out? Oh, right, it doesn't....

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown

Here's the OP again Augustus in case you forgot. Now tell me which part of it was wrong ?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Wait a minute I could be wrong. Is there some definition of the word of immediately I was previously unaware of .

Yeah, the part where you think 'immediately go into session' means 'to a resolution'.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

The only way that the Next Congress will have a say is if...
A. A candidate doesn't get the required 270 votes
or...
B. A party is successful in invalidating a state's electoral vote allotment procedure, which then causes a candidate to lose those votes and fall below the 270 threshold.
Michigan and Pennsylvania would be two states with enough electoral clout, and evenly divided legislative bodies where this would occur.

other than that the next Congress has very little to say about this

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Here's the OP again Augustus in case you forgot. Now tell me which part of it was wrong ?

The part where I told you that Pelosi can contest the House elections and install Democrat Representatives thereby cutting back the number of states Republicans hold.

Can she or can she not do this?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
The only way that the Next Congress will have a say is if...
A. A candidate doesn't get the required 270 votes

A contested election means no one has gotten the required 270 votes.

edit on 23-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer but at least he's not a triggered clown

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Dude I'm not chasing your strawman. Read the OP again and tell me which part is wrong .

I never said she had to that's your fallacy .

I said that if it happens it's covered .

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

I said that if it happens it's covered .

If she contests the House elections how is it 'covered'?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   

No because she only had 30 days to contest the 2018 elections Genius that's already been covered .

edit on 23-8-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Tell me what it's like to be wrong I wouldn't know .

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

No because she only had 30 days to contest the election Genius that's already been covered .

LOL. She has thirty days to file a contestation, you posted that yourself. It can take well longer than that to resolve it since there's no set time to resolve a contestation she's in the driver's seat.

edit on 23-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Tell me what it's like to be wrong I wouldn't know .

So no answer on what happens if she contests the House elections. Just as I figured.

edit on 23-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No because she only had 30 days to contest the election Genius that's already been covered .

LOL. She has thirty days to file a contestation, you posted that yourself. It can take well longer than that to resolve it since there's no set time to resolve a contestation she's in the driver's seat.

And did she file it within the 30 day window ?

Answer to that is no .

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:13 PM
link   

The part where I told you that Pelosi can contest the House elections and install Democrat Representatives thereby cutting back the number of states Republicans hold.

Can she or can she not do this?

What difference does that make when only the current House gets a vote regardless of what happens during the 2020 election?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:22 PM
link   

That's true, but only once before had the Federal Government overridden certification of a state's electoral votes and awarded them to another...after the election of 1876. The Presidency was also basically decided by a mechanism not enumerated in The Constitution. A public with the memory of Civil War and all the pain it brings fresh in its mind was better able to cope with this, even though it was fiercely contested, and had drawn the highest turnout ever for a Presidential election...over 81% of eligible voters turned out. If something similar occurred today there would be chaos

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:36 PM
link   

And did she file it within the 30 day window ?

The 2020 election hasn't happened yet. Follow along.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
What difference does that make when only the current House gets a vote regardless of what happens during the 2020 election?

Let me help you out, who calls the House to vote and who can table matters for later?

Oh, and the current House wouldn't be involved since the Congressional Election certification takes place on January 6th.

edit on 23-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because Q indicted it

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Arizonaguy
If something similar occurred today there would be chaos

Kind of my point. If Trump plays election result shenanigans the Democrats will play right back and they actually have the upper hand. Everyone should be hoping the results aren't contested in any capacity.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Don't worry, the election won't even be close. That will become obvious to everyone after the first debate, if Joe Biden shows up.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join