It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if there's no president elect on January 20th

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Deetermined

That's the point, there is no mandated 'timeline'.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Nobody's talking about the line of succession.

Then why are you bringing it up because I certainly didn't and my comments aren't about the line of succession but about one President succeeding another.

Let me know when you find the stipulation that the outgoing House has to do this. Was it in the Amendment you quoted? No? Where is it?

edit on 23-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: Networkdude has no beer

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:33 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

If you're not concerned about the timeline, why are you belittling the "process"? The process can obviously play out through the outgoing House of Representatives (as shown and linked) whenever it needs to. So, what's your argument now? I think you've shot down all of your own theories on what will happen and when it needs to.

edit on 23-8-2020 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Fallingdown
SCOTUS intercedes to keep Donald Trump as US president until final determination is reached.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:34 PM
link   

No kidding. And who runs the outgoing House and why do you think it can't be tabled until January?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   
This is off topic but I have to ask this...
How do you all feel about rice krispie treats about now,
with a glass of cold milk! I don't feel like baking cookies.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:38 PM
link   

I've got more but this is hilarious and proof you're just being a ass.

How about your own words . 😂

I noticed you avoided addressing the fact that she can table anything she wants until January 3rd of next year.

edit on 23-8-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   
a reply to: mamabeth

He does this to me all the time. Trust me we're both enjoying ourselves . 🌷

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

No kidding. And who runs the outgoing House and why do you think it can't be tabled until January?

What difference does it make? The process STILL says that the outgoing house members are the ones who vote on it, regardless of how long Pelosi might choose to delay it. The process doesn't change because of that.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: Sookiechacha
Your whole thread is based on What happens if !

Shhhhh. Don't interrupt him, if anything get him more Jurgens.

Eat those words . Lol

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   

That's the point, there is no mandated 'timeline'.

Wrong

I've already shown you what the constitution says. If there's no clear majority winner the house of representatives can immediately begin the process.

Presidential election Edit
Pursuant to the 12th Amendment, the House of Representatives is required to go into session immediately after the counting of the electoral votes to vote for president if no candidate for the office receives a majority of the electoral votes.

Now there's proof by the constitution of how presidential elections could play out .

By your own words you admit they are able to exercise their powers until January 3 .

The point of my OP which apparently went soaring over your head. Is that if we implement the process prior to January 3. The Republicans maintain a majority of states which is required for the selection .

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Sometimes you guys give mama a headache.
I have to remember that boys will be boys!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I consider the biggest variable to be the Mail in vote system in a state like Pennsylvania.
The scenario in PA could really mess with the entire process, should any fraud be alleged and detected at all with mail in voting.
Pennsylvania is one of 18 states that do not require absolute adherence to popular vote totals for choosing of it's electors.
their legislature does have the power vested in it to discount the popular vote, and instead choose the electors themselves should evidence of fraud occur, and a recount and possible investigation be warranted that would not be able to meet the December 8th deadline.
That legislature is GOP held currently.
Pennsylvania, by it's self , could swing the election in either direction.
I believe that the Democrats would fight like hell to invalidate Pennsylvania's electors should such a scenario as I have described occur.
If that should occur, It's quite possible that neither candidate reaches 270.
thus taking it to a vote by the House, State by State.
Pennsylvania currently has 18 members of the House, 9 from each party, and this link shows them all...www.govtrack.us...

This is where, as was pointed out earlier, Pelosi could play games and delay a vote. Whether that would stand up to a legal challenge is unclear.
But let's just say it does...
What we actually would have is the Democrats overturning legitimate State results on a Federal level and then playing loose with the rules to put their guy in the White House.
I'm not sure there is any coming back from that, in terms of national unity. I think that would be the begining of the end.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

I've got more....

Have you got something, say like the Constitution, that states this needs to be addressed by the outgoing House?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Deetermined
The process STILL says that the outgoing house members are the ones who vote on it...

It does? Can you show me where in the Constitution it says this?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: SKEPTEK
If there is no President a week after the election, the silent majority that has been ohh so silent while anti-American nut jobs destroy and rip our country apart should rise up and fight.

Fight with ultra violence until there is no "resistance" left and no doubt who is in charge of this country.

If it comes to that, I don't think too many people in power remember the full scope of the Bolshevik Revolution. IMO with both sides looking the other way and letting the pissy citizens run wild as they please because nobody has the balls to enforce laws anymore, Bolshevik Revolution 2.0 is EXACTLY what they're setting themselves up for.

IMO, while the government definitely earned that kind of thinning, it's the mess the rest of us will be stuck cleaning up for an indeterminate number of years (or generations) that is NOT a win.

And you know they damn well know this is a possibility.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I've already shown you what the constitution says. If there's no clear majority winner the house of representatives can immediately begin the process.

Presidential election Edit
Pursuant to the 12th Amendment, the House of Representatives is required to go into session immediately after the counting of the electoral votes to vote for president if no candidate for the office receives a majority of the electoral votes.

Going into session immediately doesn't preclude Pelosi from gaveling out the House and tabling the matter. It doesn't say anywhere what the timeframe is for resolving the issue.

Oh, just a little FYI, do you know when the electoral count takes place? January 6th. Guess who is in charge then.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Yep already sourced and confirmed by your own words .

edit on 23-8-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Never said it did quit creating strawmen. 🤦‍♂️

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Yep already sourced and confirmed by your own words .

Yeah?

Show me the date it needs to be resolved:

Section 1. The terms of the President and Vice President shall end at noon on the 20th day of January, and the terms of Senators and Representatives at noon on the 3d day of January, of the years in which such terms would have ended if this article had not been ratified; and the terms of their successors shall then begin.

Section 2. The Congress shall assemble at least once in every year, and such meeting shall begin at noon on the 3d day of January, unless they shall by law appoint a different day.

Section 3. If, at the time fixed for the beginning of the term of the President, the President elect shall have died, the Vice President elect shall become President. If a President shall not have been chosen before the time fixed for the beginning of his term, or if the President elect shall have failed to qualify, then the Vice President elect shall act as President until a President shall have qualified; and the Congress may by law provide for the case wherein neither a President elect nor a Vice President elect shall have qualified, declaring who shall then act as President, or the manner in which one who is to act shall be selected, and such person shall act accordingly until a President or Vice President shall have qualified.

Section 4. The Congress may by law provide for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the House of Representatives may choose a President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them, and for the case of the death of any of the persons from whom the Senate may choose a Vice President whenever the right of choice shall have devolved upon them.

Section 5. Sections 1 and 2 shall take effect on the 15th day of October following the ratification of this article.

Section 6. This article shall be inoperative unless it shall have been ratified as an amendment to the Constitution by the legislatures of three-fourths of the several States within seven years from the date of its submission.

Sorry about your wet dream bro, and you getting caught making things up.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join