It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What happens if there's no president elect on January 20th

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:59 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:06 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:02 AM
link   
I feel a push up contest coming on.

...or, maybe it's just the raisin bran kickin' in.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:15 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:19 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:26 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:30 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:18 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Quit.
The.
Bickering.
Now!!!!!!

You know who you are.

Do NOT reply to this post!!

(post by Fallingdown removed for a manners violation)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Fear not, the majority of states - not reps - in the house would determine the outcome

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: JBurns
Fear not, the majority of states - not reps - in the house would determine the outcome

Which is my point, Pelosi can contest any election for the House, plug in a Democrat-led committee that finds in favor of the Democrats which the House votes on (which is more than likely to still be Democrat held) and then they represent the state, even if a Republican 'won'. If Trump contest the election the Democrats can retaliate and because they will control the House be in the driver's seat.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

How can Pelosi contest any House election? Would she even have standing?

Maybe I can phrase it better, by what mechanism could Pelosi interfere and what possible remedies exist for circumventing something like this?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Just by contesting it, she just needs to make up a reason and it doesn't even need to be legit, she can just follow Trump's lead if he contests the Presidential election with the same excuses.

Maybe I can phrase it better, by what mechanism could Pelosi interfere and what possible remedies exist for circumventing something like this?

She contests any Republican 'won' seat, the House Speaker appoints a committee which is Democrat-led since they would most likely still hold the House, the committee finds in the Democrat candidate's favor, the House then votes which would vote for the Democrat if they still have the majority. There is nothing to be done since the rules for this are in the Constitution and are also previous legislation.

So I would suggest no one contest the election unless it's glaringly obvious something screwy went down otherwise you'll get whomever Nancy Pelosi wants as President.

This article I just found gives a good rundown of the strategy. You may have to search the article name and then view the cache of the page if it pay walls you.

edit on 26-8-2020 by AugustusMasonicus because: 👁❤🍕

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:15 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Thanks Mason

I don't see why it would be contested, I personally expect a blowout and a winner on night 1 following this the norms and traditions of every other election cycle

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Just by contesting it, she just needs to make up a reason and it doesn't even need to be legit, she can just follow Trump's lead if he contests the Presidential election with the same excuses.

She contests any Republican 'won' seat, the House Speaker appoints a committee which is Democrat-led since they would most likely still hold the House, the committee finds in the Democrat candidate's favor, the House then votes which would vote for the Democrat if they still have the majority. There is nothing to be done since the rules for this are in the Constitution and are also previous legislation.

So I would suggest no one contest the election unless it's glaringly obvious something screwy went down otherwise you'll get whomever Nancy Pelosi wants as President.

This article I just found gives a good rundown of the strategy. You may have to search the article name and then view the cache of the page if it pay walls you.

How do you know she's going to be the speaker of the new house ?

But I will admit in the event that happens you're right on this part .

What's going to stop every other house representative from challenging their opponents election under your scenario ?

edit on 26-8-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-8-2020 by Fallingdown because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12 >>

join