It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is THE strangest thing that's ever happened to you or that you've heard (even 2nd hand)?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:09 AM
link   

Welcome, to the ATS Twilight Zone

You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone! You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone. There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call "The Twilight Zone".

Question

What is THE strangest thing that's ever happened to you or that you've ever seen or heard (even 2nd hand)?

You know what to do, but please, don't hold back! There are no stupid stories, or statements. Please refrain from any ridicule due to skepticism, no party poopers. Think of it like we're sitting around a campfire & that when the person with the stick or whatever object we pass around is holding it, our presence in the space of listening is what's also key. Hush! Don't make a sound as we await our first, hopefully of many, story teller ...

Go. Go ahead. Don't be shy. Tell us your story. [Thank You, in advance, on behalf of the rest of us as we all LOVE this kind of thing - Be blessed!]

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:15 AM
link   
a reply to: AnkhMorpork

I can't tell you the strangest thing that has ever happened to me.

What about you, seems like you should start it off.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:33 AM
link   
a reply to: LookingAtMars

I once went insane & theorized that I was the anti-Christ, in a strange & humorous twist of irony in so far as if that were the case then why we'd ALL be in pretty good shape since I'm quite happy to blow the assignment on everyone's behalf, to keep us all safe.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:47 AM
link   
oh, I died at DFW Airport ! am.....back in the 70's....my tug with baggage cars was hit by a 747 unloader....my head was in the back car....and I seem to have been pulled out by an angel right before the part that would hurt.....

and ended up standing there completely uninterested at that tug down the way wraped around the jetway pylon.....
edit on 23-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:13 AM
link   
a reply to: GBP/JPY

Wow. I've heard of two similar stories, one in which a man was removed from a car before it hit a deer to stand on the side of the road, & another when, during a house fire, a lone hand appeared pointing the way, which reminded me of the disembodied hand writing on a king's wall his fate in the Bible.

Hard to believe or accept that it's true that there're domains of guardian angels, who seem to have our "matrix" totally mastered in time & space, as if operating above our timeline.

Perhaps the real world real reality is by far stranger than we can even begin to imagine, particularly for the materialist monist worldview, which cannot include such things even as a possibility.

The stories suggest in no uncertain terms that it cannot be easily discounted.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:21 AM
link   

My wife , kids and I had recently moved into a new apartment. It was a three apartment building, we occupied the middle and the right side was empty and the left side had a couple in it. We started experiencing some strange things. The toilet would flush in the middle of the night (the kids were still too little to use the toilet). I thought maybe there was a leak that would slowly fill up the bowl and then it would flush.

One night there was some stomping and random banging on the wall. It sounded like perhaps the neighbors were moving furniture. I asked the neighbor dude the next day and he said that they thought it was us that was making the noise. He then went on to say that his wife thinks that there is a ghost in the apartment building. I told him that my wife was saying the same thing.

One day I came home from work and my wife was a little freaked out. She said that a painting on our wall had flew about 3-4 feet off the wall. Now here comes the craziest thing I have ever personally experienced and I assure you I am telling you the truth. A few hours after my wife told me about the painting we were sitting at the dining room table which was open to the living room behind me. I heard a loud thud on the floor behind me (the apartment was made of wood). I turned to see our family photo album sitting in the MIDDLE of the living room floor at least 6 feet from where it was laying flat next to the TV!

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Alien Abduct

Ghosts, & Poltergeists.

Wow.

Great story! Precisely what I had in mind.

Thank you. Helped the set the tone...

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Friendly hauntings...like noises in the wall at our old place....my wife heard a crash and asked me later when I walked in the room....and I had been on the other side of that wall......playroom old garage deally.....she asked what crashed....I heard nothing.....2 or 3 times a year we'd hear a bump in the 2x4 wall.....friendly ones
edit on 23-8-2020 by GBP/JPY because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:24 AM
link   
Family trip in the wagon many years ago. Driving on a lone road through Death Valley and blew a tire. No spare. It was exciting at first, the way kids see an unexpected misfortune as adventure. But it was ungody hot and no one else was on the road either direction for what seemed like hours. My mom was a stoic non-complainer, but she cried. That scared us. Dad was upset.
Finally a car showed up. Very clean looking and fancy, yet seemed old fashioned. A tall man stepped out, alone, smiling, light blond or white hair, with white long-sleeved shirt and white slacks. I could feel my parents' relief and joy. He proceeded to change the tire smoothly, very quick, would not accept any money my dad tried to give him, kept smiling, said very little if anything at all, got back in his car and drove off.
My mom was so happy, kept repeating how wonderful it was that this man appeared out of nowhere dressed all in white, never got a smudge on him, and basically saved us. We all talked about it years later at a Thanksgiving, all remembered it but hadn't talked about it since that vacation. It seemed eerie, we recalled. We were convinced it had to be an angel.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:29 AM
link   
Probably seeing a Pyramid, jet black UFO really up close a few years back.

The thing could do some strange stuff like fold in on itself and fold out somewhere else, had a surface like oil, with all the colours cascading down. Had a pinnacle and could grow in size and shrink again.

It reacted to observation and put out an EVIL presence. It was firing a green laser like light into a local flower park and the light had ZERO residual light emanating, and on car windows it was not reflected at all!

The UFO could tumble on the spot and the laser stayed where it was. The UFO also stopped dead on the air and when it was leaving a light appeared near the bottom, like a warm purple, and it shot off making NO noise at all, none.

It also had a sort of shimmer, a wobble of sorts where it couldn't stay totally still, but would shake like a vibration.

All I know is that started a whole load of experiences (supernatural) that have resulted in me.becoming a born again Christian.

Weird eh.
edit on 11/10/2012 by Joneselius because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 03:51 AM
link   
Ditto on the ghostly thing.

Around five months ago, my Missus came in from work and placed her phone and ciggies on the kitchen counter, the ciggies were on the outer side.

As we were talking, we both heard a bang of sorts.

Her phone had somehow made it over and past her ciggies, landing on the floor in the kitchen doorway about a meter and a half away from where they were.

We looked at each other, had a kind of 'screw this' moment, and ignored it.

The previous tenant couldn't swim, her family had all left and she was left in this big house all by herself, she had been asking for years for the authorities to move her to a smaller place but to no avail, she ended up walking into the ocean, and that was that.

I've always felt terrible for her, and often wondered if she's still about.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Yeah I don't feel comfortable sharing this here, lol, but I love the thread.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:07 AM
link   
If you never had a spare how did he change the tyre ? a reply to: KandinskyChaos

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Hearing 9/11 was an inside job was strange, it got stranger when looking into it, still is a strange one.

The response to covid is strange as well, a similar level of strangeness as 9/11.

Researching the following thread has some strange experiences. Felt like some things where watching over me, in a good way.

Storm area 51 weather map

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:46 AM
link   

Many years ago, before the wife and I were even married, we were driving to her dads house who lived out in the rural part of central Louisiana. It was about mid-day in the Summer so it was pretty bright outside. As we were traveling along the highway, I noticed what looked like a rock chip in her windshield. I reached out to touch it and asked her, "When did this happen?"

As I did this, I noticed that it was not at all a chip in her cars windshield. In fact, this thing was getting bigger as my finger was over it......and fast. It was flying almost directly over the road and was flying very low. Whatever this thing was, it was just above the treetops and was heading directly at us. "Do you see that?" I asked. She said, "Yeah, what the hell is that?"

It was metallic and very shiny. Maybe 20-25 feet long. There were no wings, no rotor blades, no flashing lights or anything like that. Low flying helicopters are a fairly common sight out in the country because they use them to check the clearance of pipeline right of ways and such, but I have never seen anything like this before or since. I saw other people had noticed this thing and were pulled over on the side of the highway and had gotten out of their vehicles to get a good look at it. I told her to pull over and stop so we could see it better and she was like, "Screw that! I've seen Fire in the Sky before so hell no, I'm not stopping!" I rolled down my window and stuck my head out to look up at this thing as it was flying directly over us so I got a pretty good look at it. The front of it was rounded off and was sort of oval shaped. The back of it was flat like the side of a square. The bottom of it looked kind of like a waffle iron. There was a definite grid pattern to the bottom of it. It was totally silent as far as I could tell, and there was no kind of exhaust that I could see. This thing went directly over us and continued on down the highway.

We got to her dads house, and told him to come outside and look at this thing. He had a pair of binoculars that we went on the front porch with. This thing had stopped over the small town we had just come from which was about 5-6 miles away. Since it was so bright and shiny we could still see it pretty well, even without the binoculars. It just sat there for maybe 10-15 minutes and did not move. Then all of a sudden it was just gone. Like it just winked out of existence.

We weren't drinking anything, or smoking anything. Apparently lots of other people and even my Father in Law saw this thing. It was pretty freaky at the time.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 05:47 AM
link   

This happened a long time ago. I was down to my grandparents, near my bed there is a board that creaks only when you step on it, (typical old house) I'd just settled in bed when the board creaked and I got this feeling that someone was there. I rolled over expecting to see either my grandmother or grandfather and nothing was there.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:06 AM
link   
Decades ago I was heading off to grad school on a scorching hot August day. It was going to be a 4 hour drive. I was on the freeway at rush hour and my old VW Jetta broke down. I pulled over onto the shoulder, wondering what I was going to do. Eventually two men pulled over, also driving an old VW Jetta. They got out of their car looking very shabby, almost like vagrants. They offered to let me use their cell phone to call someone. I couldn't hear anything over the sounds of the traffic so I smiled politely, shook my head and handed the phone back to them. Then they opened up the hood of my car and very soon had it fixed so I could go on my way. To this day I wonder if these 2 men weren't angels.

Sal

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:12 AM
link   
I once saw what I could only describe as a "wolf man". Slightly larger than the average man, covered in fur, no clothes, a wolfs head but with very bright yellow eyes. Slightly crouched down - hunched, not kneeling - and dripping from the mouth.

I wasn't alone.

It happened on a country road at night on the way to a country pub at around 8pm. Four people were in the car - 4 lads all the same age, early 20's. As the car went around a bend in the road, there it was. Staring straight at us, not panicked, but calmly observing.

Inside the car was silent for about 60 seconds as we drove on. Then the 4 of us let out our breaths. "what the F*** was that?!"

The obvious explanation is an animal of some sort, but it was not any animal that we had ever seen, heard of or seen again. It could have been someone in a wolf suit I guess (a good one) but then this was miles from town at night on a country lane.

It really freaked us all out.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Another time, shortly after we were married, my wife and I had went to visit my sister who lived in the same rural area as her Dad did. Its the oldest settled part of Louisiana where we live. In fact, its the oldest settlement in all of the Louisiana purchase which is like 20 states or something. She had just moved into a small country house with her 6 year old son. She was in the process of moving things in and fixing up the house and such. It was later in the evening and she was tired from painting and moving things around the whole day, so she popped open a bottle of wine and we were just sitting at her kitchen table. Just chit chatting and talking about the day.

My wife used to go to garage sales all the time. We had just happened to go to one that morning where she had purchased a slightly used Ouija board. It was still in the box, and the box looked old. So my wife was telling my sister about the cool Ouija board she had just gotten that morning. Sister was like, "Oh wow, thats so cool! I used to have one when I was a little girl and my friends and I would sit around and ask it crazy questions after school." So my wife goes out to the trunk of her car and gets it to show to my sister.

So she comes back, we are all still sitting at the table. She gets it out of the box and we put our fingers on the planchette and start doing the figure 8 thing. We ask if anyone wants to talk. Suddenly this thing starts going fast. Like, crazy fast all over the board. So my wife says, "Are you mad? Why are you so upset?"

It spells out B-A-R-N. And goes back to flying all over the board. So she asks, "Barn? is that your name?" It pointed to No. Then it spells out BARN again. Then it spells out P-L-O-W. and thats all it would spell out were those two words. Plow, and Barn over and over again. I look at my sister and she has turned totally pale. She asks, "Do you want us to put the plow back in the barn?" and the planchette flys over very fast to YES and stays there. Just totally quits moving.

Sister says, "Oh my God! theres no way you guys can know this! Now I know this crap is real!" So we ask her what the hell she is talking about. She proceeds to tell us that behind her little house, there is an old tool shed. It's so old that the roof had caved in and the wooden walls were rotting away. She said that she was outside looking at it earlier that day, and it had a bunch of old tools and horse bridles and such in it. She said there was an old mule plow in there that she thought would look cool to put on her porch and sit some of her plants on it. So she took it out and had it on the porch and she had planned on spray painting it the next day. She immediately goes outside, grabs the old plow and puts it back where she found it in the old tool shed. I guess whatever we were talking to was pissed that she had taken the plow out of the barn and wanted it put back. I guess its possible she was pulling our leg, and moving the pointer around the board herself, but after watching her reaction I highly doubt it. She was never the prankster type anyway.

A few weeks later I had spent the night at my sisters house and she had asked me to take her son to school that morning. His school was only a few miles away so I was like OK. To get to his school you had to drive past an old graveyard on this hill right off the road. So that morning, as me and the little boy are driving past, I notice him staring at something out his window. Before I can ask him what he's looking at, he asks, "Hey Uncle, whos that kid over there in the overalls? He is on top of the hill over there playing with a dog." I look over and see absolutely nobody. I just said, "I don't know who that is buddy" and left it at that.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Having Intercourse with succubus!

Don't like thinking about it actually.... so i wont be coming back to respond to your reply

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join