It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Attn: Liberals, Tax Cut haters!

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:11 PM
link   
It seems to me that tons and tons of threads on this board have people who always turn to the bush tax cuts and blame the rich etc etc. Im not going to turn this into a hate post, but I would just like to inspire a litle bit of information sharing here. Now, im not sure how many people know this, but of the 150 million who are eligible to pay taxes, only 44 million payed taxes last yr. that means that more than 2/3 of the people who should pay taxes are not paying any becuase of being under the lowest tax bracket, or are simply not paying and cheating. Let me make something real clear right here.

In the year 2002, the top 1% of income earners (over $250,000 a year), payed over 27% of ALL income tax, top 5% pay 50% of tax, the top 10% pay 67% (pay over $) the top 25% payed 84% of the tax and the top 50% (pay over $26,000) payed 97% of the tax. Therefore, the lower earning 50% payed only 3 freaking % of the total tax.

The top 1% of tax filers accounts for only 6,000 people
Come on guys, 6,000 people are paying more than 25% of the income tax, does that seem fair to you?

I could go on and on, just click the links and read for yourselves. This has nothing to do with the rich hate the poor, on the contrary, I think it has to do with the poor hating the rich. Jealousy maybe? Plus, the people who make less than 26,000 a yr pay 4% or less of their pay while the rich pay almost half of their pay. Also massively unfair.

The reason the rich have people in washington to help save them, lobbysists and such is because they are severly outnumbered in the voting block. The top 25% account for only 16% of the voters and their money is being used to help the other 84%.

This tax stuff is a joke. I hjope you guys can see the meaning here, the only solution and to make it truley fair and for ewveryone to pay thei9r fair share is for a flat tax of around 15%.

You guys will love this chart: www.taxfoundation.org...

Train

The top 1% is paying more than ten times the federal income taxes than the bottom 50%!

[edit on 15-3-2005 by BigTrain]




posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:15 PM
link   
down with the liberals! you smelly tax cut hateing people down!



posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 07:32 PM
link   
I agree the tax code should be changed. However I feel that many things need to be changed about the funding of the government. Notably the gigantic defense budget which has not been going to defense of the country but rather offense. Which is something I will only ever pay for involuntarily.

As far as low income people potentially paying more in taxes with a flat sales tax scenario, I could never see that going over well. The problem with that is of course that low income people NEED every penny they get as there is usually none left over after all the bills required for having a standard of living resembling anything above a third world country lifestyle.



posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 10:45 PM
link   
They need every penny, so do I. Why is it my burden, or rather, will be my burden, to pay for people who cant pay form themselves? I feel like a broken record. Go do research on mandatory and discretionary spedning, 63% of 2.5 trillion dollar budget is mandatory including social security medicaid and medicare. Military only 17%. Do the math. This is capitalism, not communism. Everybopdy needs to pay their fair share. Your telling me people on low incomes cant budget just like those on large incomes? Thats a joke and another excuse to make the hard workers pay for everything.

Train



new topics

top topics
 
0

log in

join