It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chained souls?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I'm not a religious person, but I do have a strong belief in the spirtual along with demons and angels. I believe in a soul passing onto another unknown plain, as well as being reincarnated. Can it be possible to have your soul chained to the rebirth cycle? I mean could a soul be something or done something that higher beings actually won't let it pass on?

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Well, a lot of the beliefs about ghosts are that they are the souls of people that could not move on for one reason or another. Usually its something to the effect of something horrible happened around the time of their demise that was not resolved when they died. So, they can not move on upon death and therefore are basically chained into this existence by whatever event / issue is not resolved.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowedRedemption
I'm not a religious person, but I do have a strong belief in the spirtual along with demons and angels. I believe in a soul passing onto another unknown plain, as well as being reincarnated. Can it be possible to have your soul chained to the rebirth cycle? I mean could a soul be something or done something that higher beings actually won't let it pass on?

That is an interesting question ...

The thing is ... (I know a lot of people believe in it, but theres an explanation)

There is no such thing as Reincarnation .. like coming back as someone else. .. you are always you ...
You cannot return to the size required to be reincarnated...

the soul continues on ...
(reincarnation is simply the information locked in our minds kind of spilling out.... All the information from the past is passed along to us from birth... we have the entire history of the world in our DNA... in our head.... and sometimes we remember things that happened to past inhabitants of earth.. and think its us .. lol) We're just copies of two bodies... lol

now your idea about being trapped... well it is written that those who do not know the truth are "tried" or "tortured" until they gain reason, and then pass on ..

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Sorry if I was a bit confusing, I reread my post and realised it was. What I ment to say was: could a soul be bound to the body it's in? I have certain sensitivities and one of them is a constant heavy weight on my wrists and ankels. This is why I started this thread to see if anyone else has experienced this.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShadowedRedemption

I highly doubt it.. what a boreing existance if we do not get to meet our creator and REMEMBER the encounter.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Please keep in mind, anything you hear or read about god, the spiritual world or eternity is nothing more than someone elses opinion. Those who actually know don't say and those that don't know spout off all kinds of weird crap.

Having said that, here is the absolute truth about souls and eternity.

It would be easier to stop the sun from shining or the season from changing then to stop the growth of the eternal soul.

Free will was not a gift to the mud and blood you call your body, it was a gift to you. You had it before you came here, you have it now and you shall have it when you pass from this life.

Victims wonder what will happen to them when they die, Free souls decide on what they shall do when their time comes to move on.

Free the chains from your mind and the chains on your soul will vanish.

Deny ignorance.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I don't let myself be swayed by religions and their beliefs. I go by my intuition and my personal (yours may be different) understanding of the spirit world includes chained souls.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 11:15 PM
link   
i guess it all depends on your own view point but in my opinion id suppose its possible i mean for example hitler he'd have thousands of things to make up in the after life so for him to be reborn again and again until he figures things out doesn't seem to much at least in my thinking but its all your opinion cause some people don't believe in reincarnation others do its all your view maybe you should see what the dead think about the subject :p if your into that stuff.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 03:30 PM
link   
As in using an Ouija board? I've read that michievious spirits use those to trick the living, or something like that.

top topics

join