It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proud Boys And Antifa Clash In Portland

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 06:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: DBCowboy

a reply to: LABTECH767

And yet it is the Proud Boys with American flags standing with and protecting the police.

Really "extremist" behavior.

I think you mean fascist enablers "protecting" the actual fascists.

One would think "proud boys" would actually stand for America against the fascist government. Guess not. As long it's their brand of authoritarianism.

It's your position that all cops are fascist now and the ones burning buildings, looting, killing innocent people are what? Good?

It's a sick position to hold, but if it's your position, then own it.

If all protesters are riotous marxists intent on destroying America sure, then own it.

Also a sick position.

I've always supported protest.

I've also always supported shooting the looters.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:02 PM
link   

a reply to: LABTECH767

And yet it is the Proud Boys with American flags standing with and protecting the police.

Really "extremist" behavior.

I think you mean fascist enablers "protecting" the actual fascists.

One would think "proud boys" would actually stand for America against the fascist government. Guess not. As long it's their brand of authoritarianism.

It's your position that all cops are fascist now and the ones burning buildings, looting, killing innocent people are what? Good?

It's a sick position to hold, but if it's your position, then own it.

If all protesters are riotous marxists intent on destroying America sure, then own it.

Also a sick position.

I've always supported protest.

You sure? Because you sure seem to lump everyone together oftentimes.

I've also always supported shooting the looters.

Yes, you have.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:05 PM
link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Like you lumping all cops as fascist.

I lol at your face.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: projectvxn

I think a finite money supply and a flat tax fixes almost everything.

If the government is forced to spend only the money they bring in, a lot of fat will be trimmed out of necessity. Don't have enough to spend on _______ new measure? You're going to have to raise the taxes, for everyone. Imagine peoples reaction to government decisions when they're immediately and directly effected.

Everyone has the same skin in the game.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

"No one is promoting Antifa, BLM except the leftwing assholes who hate America, hate the Constitution, hate freedom"

I sincerely apologize if you, or anyone thought my comments were directed at anyone else.

Actually, I attempted to further restrict said comments to only the subsection of that group defending the current wave of violence committed by their cohorts. And the irrational whataboutisms.

No sarcasm on the apology, my aim may have been off a bit.

My target is exactly as you describe above.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 07:38 PM
link   

Like you lumping all cops as fascist.

I lol at your face.

Therein lies the irony.

Which I have stated before.

You are just as hypocritical as those you condemn, and it's what you do.

Check the log in your own eye.

edit on 23-8-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:00 PM
link   

No.

The irony is you leftists saying, "It's only a few protesters that are looting and killing".

Yet you're doing it just over 4 cops that did something wrong and blaming all cops.

That's why I lol at your face.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 09:07 PM
link   

It's sad when even a snack van can't go out and make it back in one piece. These are disturbing times we are living in.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Recently spent some time in Eastern Oregon - Bend area and such. Some of the most beautiful scenery in the country.

It’s also super liberal in that area - and draws visitors from very liberal US cities. . Yet, the folks in the cabins near us - whom we interacted with across the green space (and yes, properly distanced and masked) - who were respectively from Seattle and San Francisco - we’re legitimately embarrassed to say where they were from so as not to have “the conversation” as they put it about how horrific their cities are. They said they know it’s bad, it’s probably going to get worse and they know many people who are just as sick of it as they are - and the media isn’t giving a balanced review of how the citizenry of those cities actually feel.

On topic, I know many a Portlander and they seem to fall into 3 buckets regarding all of this:

1) DGAF and they just keep doing their thing - don’t care about the cause that’s being fought for or the businesses/property being destroyed - as long as it stays away from them NMP. Publicly, they’ll support BLm or whatever else to fit in. They are more worried about their own lives than any of this.
2) they’re super excited about it and feel this is all justified and appropriate (younger folks, nearly exclusively).
3) those who are like the folks from San Francisco and Seattle - sick of it and want it to end/are embarrassed by it/In no way support it.

What’s funny is, I’d argue the folks in bucket three actually have the most sympathy and understanding for the need to enact reforms in our justice system. These are the people who could actually do it - but they don’t and won’t because they won’t reward the illegal behavior.

I say all of this to note that Portland is in fact a dumpster fire, as are other west coast cities, but it’s our lovely modern liberal media who is twisting the story to suggest everyone out west agrees with the current state - which is false.

The silent majority remains strong, perhaps.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:13 PM
link   

No.

The irony is you leftists saying, "It's only a few protesters that are looting and killing".

Yet you're doing it just over 4 cops that did something wrong and blaming all cops.

That's why I lol at your face.

I’m a dude on the internet and I approve the above message.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EnigmaChaser

So you're saying The Dude abides?

I'm in approval of this message.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: deadlysyn

It's sad when even a snack van can't go out and make it back in one piece. These are disturbing times we are living in.

"Snack van".

Just like the pAntifa "press" and "medics".

The cognitive dissonance is immense.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
Are these so-called Proud Boys violently protesting an acting out...based on the "crazy and dangerous ideas"

What specific things has Trump done which have “attacked our democratic ideals?” Please be specific. What exactly has he done?
edit on Sun Aug 23 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote Trim Those Quotes

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 10:35 PM
link   
a reply to: SKEPTEK

Careful with statements like that. They may get their mom's to come back out to "protest" for them again.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: aeroscrog

"Now tonight is just ruined!"

Media:

"Great Night! After 90 days of daily peaceful protests

(video of unconscious man being kicked in head plays in background and the producer speaking smiles a little)

The alt far right white supremacy racist intolerant nazi nationalists (did I miss any) have finally misbehaved on camera so now we can start calling these daily activities riots!

Great Day Indeed!"

Portland Mayor to assistant:

"Call the DNC and ask if they have enough video for Biden yet, this city is going to be ruined if they don't let me stop the riots soon. But definitely don't push them or anything, let them know I'll keep the riots going as long as they need"

Silent Majority:

Didn't need to see it to know why it happened, and just welcomed a few new friends to the Trump 2020 club.

Living in Portland, I think this description is almost too true.

I wouldn't even know there were riots if the news didn't tell me so.

But, it's very telling that the news articles about it usually say the problems started around midnight, after most of the protesters have gone home. And early articles numbered the remaining protesters around only 100.

100 people is not too many for the police to start aiming cameras at them and figuring out who each of them are, individually.

Even without knowing their name, they could have "violent protester #21" etc.... And then when an object gets thrown, and they get camera footage of it being "violent protester #21" that threw it, they could go arrest the guy the next time they see him.

Get his prints, run him through the system.

I would be interested to know how many of these 100 guys even have Oregon driver's licenses. I'd bet 20 bucks that at least half of them are from Washington, Idaho, or California.

a reply to: aeroscrog

Every night that the leftists allow this, you might as well add another 10,000 votes for Trump.

The left shot themselves in the foot, and in response to this, they took aim at their other foot.

Yeah.

When it is so very obvious that they are creating/perpetuating a problem on purpose, it gets harder and harder to believe them.

Keep crying "wolf"! and someone will eventually come. Just like they did the last 50 times when there wasn't a wolf.

Right?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Who won the fight?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 11:56 PM
link   

a reply to: IAMTAT

What does one bring to a riot?

Petit fours with white wine spritzers?

White wine spritzer..heathen!!!,

I think Zima pairs better with petit fours.!

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 03:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: Subaeruginosa
a reply to: xuenchen

One group of idiots + another group of idiots = an entire group of idiots.

Simple math...

= the beginnings of a failed state.

History shows us, from Spain and Germany to Somalia and Libya, that this is how things start to fall apart.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   
a reply to: KansasGirl

"Gotta be twinkies for the twinks

Yes, but are they twink-versatile?"

I'm pretty sure I'm glad that I don't know what any of this means.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 06:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: scraedtosleep
Who won the fight?

The Bronies.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10 >>

join