It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump followed advice from his science team, he's bad, they are good.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:33 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage
Minimizing was when they started calling Trump names and we all know you never stoop to that level.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 08:27 PM
link   
i allways thought the japanese wore masks all the time because of the pollution from cars ect reply to: musicismagic

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Minimizing was when they started calling Trump names

No, Trump minimized the risk from the start.

But he has always been fond of calling people childish names. Schoolyard bully sort of stuff. His base loves it.

edit on 8/22/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:03 PM
link   
A lot of people and politcal leaders minimized the risk from the start all across the political spectrum. It's fascinating how people pick and choose who they are angry over and who they give a pass too.

How Delays and Unheeded Warnings Hindered New York’s Virus Fight

The federal response was chaotic. Even so, the state’s and city’s own initial efforts failed to keep pace with the outbreak, The Times found.

For many days after the first positive test, as the coronavirus silently spread throughout the New York region, Mr. Cuomo, Mr. de Blasio and their top aides projected an unswerving confidence that the outbreak would be readily contained.

There would be cases, they repeatedly said, but New York’s hospitals were some of the best in the world. Plans were in place. Responses had been rehearsed during “tabletop” exercises. After all, the city had been here before — Ebola, Zika, the H1N1 virus, even Sept. 11.

“Excuse our arrogance as New Yorkers — I speak for the mayor also on this one — we think we have the best health care system on the planet right here in New York,” Mr. Cuomo said on March 2. “So, when you’re saying, what happened in other countries versus what happened here, we don’t even think it’s going to be as bad as it was in other countries.”

Not only did Cuomo and DeBlasio down play the virus; they siverly over estimated their ability to respond to it; leading their local outbreak to be the worst in the country and possibly the world.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:12 PM
link   
its all stupid to argue really. No one has a better answer then the other. Pointless, Trump, Whooo ha cha cha, guest appearance from Ding Dang Dong. Same bull # cause when you elect a president you do not vote out the same ass hats running # in government for ever ( fo eva youngsters) your vote dont matter the people doing real # are appointed none are elected

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:40 PM
link   
a reply to: musicismagic

but I've seen to come to the conclusion is that those governments that want more control over the people Force the general population to wear masks.

Why? to what end? how does it benefit them?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

but I've seen to come to the conclusion is that those governments that want more control over the people Force the general population to wear masks.

I do not fully endorse the idea that all governments that are mandating masks "want more control over the people"; as I am confident most of them do not.

But to answer your question; how does mandatory mask wearing benefit those governments that do want more control over their people? Fear is a powerful tool used by all most all governments throughout history that sought to subjugate its people. Mass adherence to common ritual is also a tool used to subjugate citizens. And finally creating an atmosphere where citizens are encouraged to police their fellow citizens has also been a tool used throughout history by governments to subjugate their people. All of these things can be seen in mandates to wear masks and other measures being enacted to combat Covid-19.

The situation we are allowing to be created could easily turn south if we are not aware of the dangers. This is not the same thing as automatically jumping to the conclusion that our governments are currently trying to subjugate us by exploiting Covid-19... its a warning that we have to be mindful so that it doesn't happen.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:21 PM
link   

"No, Trump minimized the risk from the start"

Have to call you on that one. Trump was the sole voice in January and well into February.

Started having unprecedented daily live press briefings 3 days after his first Covid announcement/warning (whatever it was called) was ignored and/or ridiculed by the Ds & media as alarmist and much, much worse.

Some of the first 'questions' were accusations that he was trying to distract from impeachment and making it all up, and it didn't stop there.

Started non partisan full time task force before China or WHO even admitted it was h2h contagious (which ATS members were well aware of long before thanks to Phage, Musicismagic, and MANY others.

Started banning flights and was repeatedly called xenophobe and worse by Biden, Kamala, and most other Ds in office and media. Impeachment was threatened again.

Pelosi invited everyone to Chinatown right after Chinese New Year and was applauded by the left.

DeBlasio wanted some of that and practically begged everyone in the northeast to come party in NYC on St Pats weekend.

We know how that turned out... Cuomo was begging for ventilators and hospital beds the next week.

Those highly contentious briefings continued until Ds & media could no longer ignore the issue and their attacks began to escalate.

"But he has always been fond of calling people childish names. Schoolyard bully sort of stuff. His base loves it"

This part of his base (me) does not like that at all. It's immature & sometimes disgusting.

I understand that some will say it's sometimes necessary to accomplish X or Y, but there is always a better way.

Others will throw out some whataboutism, which accomplishes less than zero.

We are Americans. Everyone on all sides can and should be handling 2020's issues a hell of a lot better than we are right now.

ETA- Just realized I've become my father...

edit on 22-8-2020 by aeroscrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:26 PM
link   

You must be one of his fans then. I remember years ago people would demand that Phage chime in with his wisdom now you just get t-ed off and call names.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

OF the 175,000 how many do you think would have died in the covid time frame if covid hadn't appeared?

Difficult to answer for sure especially with the elderly with out any Comorbidity.

But
All-Cause mortality in the USA had been trending back to normal since March but then began to rise again for a few weeks before resuming a rapid decline. This was not due to a "2nd Wave" but rather a 1st wave landing somewhere new:

Some areas it been a bad flu season after several weak years. Similar to the Sweden experiences I believe.

Could the new face mask and social distance lower the annual figure?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: puzzled2

All-Cause mortality in the USA had been trending back to normal since March but then began to rise again for a few weeks before resuming a rapid decline. This was not due to a "2nd Wave" but rather a 1st wave landing somewhere new:

I am unfamiliar with this source, but if true, and if it holds, very good news indeed.

Even with the limited data they have, just showing all cause deaths returning to normal in that much of the US, and doing so much earlier than I had thought would be fantastic if true.

Anyone else familiar with the source or data?

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 12:44 AM
link   

originally posted by: DanDanDat

originally posted by: vonclod

I do not fully endorse the idea that all governments that are mandating masks "want more control over the people"; as I am confident most of them do not.

But to answer your question; how does mandatory mask wearing benefit those governments that do want more control over their people? Fear is a powerful tool used by all most all governments throughout history that sought to subjugate its people. Mass adherence to common ritual is also a tool used to subjugate citizens. And finally creating an atmosphere where citizens are encouraged to police their fellow citizens has also been a tool used throughout history by governments to subjugate their people. All of these things can be seen in mandates to wear masks and other measures being enacted to combat Covid-19.

The situation we are allowing to be created could easily turn south if we are not aware of the dangers. This is not the same thing as automatically jumping to the conclusion that our governments are currently trying to subjugate us by exploiting Covid-19... its a warning that we have to be mindful so that it doesn't happen.

Ok, I can see that, fear is a great motivator, or de-motivator.

I don't know what to think anymore, tired of buying into one way or the other. I have to wear a mask when I get to work, and when I hit the grocery store. I'll just play it safe as I can..it's wearing on me though, like many others.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: xuenchen

People can travel and go to parks now

Not here. People were stupid. That's why we can't have nice things.
www.honolulu.gov...

The order itself is a piece of garbage (ambiguous and contradictory). But there it is.

so Trump is to blame for your sh!tty local government? It sounds like you elected douche bags.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:21 AM
link   

he's just a racist, xenophobic, racist liar. Oh wait, that's not what he said, that's what Deamoncrat said. Yea, he's the childish one in the room, you caught him.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

he's just a racist, xenophobic, racist liar. Oh wait, that's not what he said, that's what Deamoncrat said. Yea, he's the childish one in the room, you caught him.

Trump is a moron, I have no qualms in saying that. He also needs help for himself, none of which would include his position as a President of the USA, or anywhere else for that matter.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

good news. I just spoke to Trump and he thinks you are a pinhead. So there is that. But be sure to attack him for calling names now. I believe that is how you folks deal with this situation.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join