It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump followed advice from his science team, he's bad, they are good.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: network dude

As it stands 175 thousand Americans have lost their life due to COVID , out of the 5 million plus infected that's a low percentage but in Human terms that's 175 thousand unnecessary deaths.

Isn't it a government's job to look after all its citizens not just the strongest and most able to survive ?

Each time you say this I respond the same way and you fail to respond every time.

This is a local and state issue. Aside from providing SNS supplies the federal government is not the authority. They provide information that state and local health authorities decide what to do with. It you think the response was poor then you think state and local health authorities did a bad job.

I've repeatedly explained why Fauci was a terrible "leading health expert" and it's always crickets.

Trump being an idiot doesn't excuse Fauci, state health authorities, and local authorities. If you have a problem with the response look to those dictating policy.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:36 PM
link   
a reply to: canucks555

What would you done differently? Mandated everyone wear masks after we were told they didn't help, or lock down the country wit a threat of a felony if you go out side without a mask? So please tell us all what you would have done differently.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:02 PM
link   
Where are the open pits of hundreds of corpses? Where are the mass cremations happening?
The media is pretty quick to cover lies and BS, but I've yet to see hospitals shut down and quarantined from infectious diseases, rows of beds filled with dead and dying.

FFS, we recorded people jumping off the twin towers. Why not the horrible aspects of this virus?

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:06 PM
link   
And don't get me started on how dangerous this pandemic is, you truly don't care.

What have you done or said about the amount of micro toxins infecting our national supply of grains? How the government keeps bumping up the amount that's safe. Kind of like how Japan bumped up how much radiation was safe when the reactor went.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:08 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

A coherent message would have been a start. Minimizing the threat was not productive.

"It will disappear before Easter." Not productive.
"It will disappear when it gets warmer." Not productive.

"I have absolute authority." Just plain stupid, you must agree.

edit on 8/22/2020 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Fauchi's role was to advise the public and the President, but Trump monopolized his airtime and several times contradicted Fauchi, or said things that were out of scope.

For instance, has Fauchi ever said anything about Hydroxychloroquine being a cure or treatment for COVID-19? Has he promoted it at all? Nope. Has Fauchi suggested some sort of internal UV light therapy? Nope.

And, of course Trump talks about the border closures, but what he did wrong is to not fully close the borders. They still allowed US citizens in. His shutdown of travel was entirely ethnically based, rather than complete, and therefore flawed.

The President's role was to coordinate the national response. Trump tried to advise the public, and he let the individual states and cities do what they wanted - no coordination.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   

People can travel and go to parks now 😆

Especially if they don't have pneumonia 😎

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   

People keep saying Trump dropped the ball.

But always without any detailed plans that should have been followed especially without any proof 😆

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:07 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

People can travel and go to parks now

Not here. People were stupid. That's why we can't have nice things.
www.honolulu.gov...

The order itself is a piece of garbage (ambiguous and contradictory). But there it is.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

"A coherent message would have been a start. Minimizing the threat was not productive.

"It will disappear before Easter." Not productive.
"It will disappear when it gets warmer." Not productive.

"I have absolute authority." Just plain stupid, you must agree"

Agreed. These original remarks were stupid and unhelpful, and are examples of exactly why I dislike Trump's personality.

As the dishonest press trimmed the videos to make them look even worse by implying that he was making even bolder statements and blasted them over the air for the past few months they are quite stark examples of how to not behave as president.

Although you are the Great Phage, so I'm sure you are aware that these original quotes:

"It will disappear before Easter" and "it will disappear when it gets warmer."

Were preceded by 'I think', and followed by 'at least that what the experts tell me' while pointing at Fauci & Brix. He also later threw in that he hopes they are right, we will have to see.

And that the full quotes regarding "I have absolute authority", after multiple reporter interruptions with partial quotes was:

"But the authority of the President of the United States, having to do with the subject we’re talking about, is total"

Which is probably inaccurate since the subject at hand appears to be ending state ordered shutdowns, but those same states had already filed for and received federal emergency declarations that 'appear' to give the federal govt (FEMA) authority over any necessary shutdowns.

(making the state's disaster application unconstitutional? Giving Trump normally state owned authorities? I'm not qualified to answer, but it isn't nearly as black & white as folks are being led to believe)

The other uninterrupted quote from that presser was:

"I’m going to put it very simply: The President of the United States has the authority to do what the President has the authority to do, which is very powerful."

Which, while poorly said, does not portend any usurpation of power unless one wants to see it there, and is factually accurate.

I'm sure you also recognize that every other global and US leader had great difficulty providing a coherent message as what was known to anyone in the west changed almost daily from January through March

I have no problem bashing Trump, as long as it's truthful.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:30 PM
link   
What would you done differently?

I wouldn't have played down a virus to a crowd of supporters who literally believe every thing he says.
A group so jaded that Trump could tell them to start taking an unproven medication..and they'd do it.

Your boy got it in his supporters heads that it's "not a big deal" and they believe it.
That's how he failed.

If you think that this is not a big deal then you're dead wrong, in time the people who play this thing down and don't give a # will be the culprits. They will be the ones that are blamed because America had to shut down for twice as long as other countries, maybe more.

edit on 22-8-2020 by canucks555 because: edit

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:31 PM
link   
a reply to: aeroscrog

I'm sure you also recognize that every other global and US leader had great difficulty providing a coherent message as what was known to anyone in the west changed almost daily from January through March

And after March, which was 5 months ago?

The claim is "Trump followed advice from his science team." Which advice was that? When, for a simple example, did he start wearing a mask in public?

Trump has always viewed COVID-19 as something bad for him. No more.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:37 PM
link   
a reply to: toolgal462

In the country of Belarus people don't wear masks. Maybe someone here can follow up on the death rate in Belarus.

but I've seen to come to the conclusion is that those governments that want more control over the people Force the general population to wear masks.

Is it really helping?

well here in Japan people weren't wearing masks in the subways in the trains and nobody was complaining about the virus and then suddenly everybody start wearing masks because of the virus and because of testing now we have results that really are not all that bad and the death rate is really very low.

I don't know if you guys know it but over here people fly in and out of Japan on international flights every day.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:40 PM
link   

The examples in your post date from Jan-March, so I assumed you were focusing there.

After March, probably starting immediately after that single presser.... Clusterfccc.

Started occasionally wearing mask several weeks after CDC changed guidance. That delay and the arguing around it were unfortunate at best and disastrous at worst. Again, a personality trait that I strongly dislike.

Although to be fair, by that time Gov Cuomo, Dems in general, and the vast majority of media outlets had already pushed so hard with unfair and frequently false accusations that I'm not sure any leader could have avoided the resulting Clusterfccc.

Either way, it happened on his watch, and it did not turn out very well.

edit on 22-8-2020 by aeroscrog because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:43 PM
link   
a reply to: aeroscrog

After March

Long after. And sporadically, at best.
Signal: "It's dumb to wear a mask."

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Long after. And sporadically.
Signal: "It's dumb to wear a mask

I agree with this statement completely.

FYI - I looked up the transcripts before writing the first post and just looked up the first mask date. Was about to edit my post from a few weeks to July 12.

I strongly disliked it at the time, but remembered it as a shorter period.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:55 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

you want the government to take care of you fine , I want them as far out of my life as possible .

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Biden ads here are claiming the virus infections are going "sky-high" when they have been dropping by thousands a day for several weeks. Lie #1.

Biden is claiming Trump hasn't followed scientist recommendations but he will. Lie #2. Trump actually did follow most of what he was told by Fauci and Brixx, however at that time the information was so back & forth it was impossible to know exactly what to do. So while Trump did say some real boners, what he did gets overlooked. Such as asking manufacturers to build ventilators and increase mask production. Such as providing NYC a medical ship for Covid patients, even though it ended up not being used for that.

Biden will mandate masks nation-wide starting as soon as he takes office. Not enforceable, not happening.

We went for a drive this afternoon and on the 100 mile trip we saw exactly ONE Biden sign and it was in my wife's uncle's yard. Lots of Trump/Pence and John James (for senate) though. It was nice seeing that.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: gortex

As it stands 175 thousand Americans have lost their life due to COVID , out of the 5 million plus infected that's a low percentage but in Human terms that's 175 thousand unnecessary deaths.

Isn't it a government's job to look after all its citizens not just the strongest and most able to survive ?
Just so your number looks realistic, could you separate the folks who were dying of something else?

There has been a little noise about misreporting things, so I think we need to keep the numbers as fair as we can to learn the most that we can about this thing. Lying to each other on this front, is a level of idiocy I did not think we as a nation could reach.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: research100
for the survivors no one knows what the LONG TERM effects will be

originally posted by: RazorV66
a reply to: gortex

Liberal mental illness affliction rates tell the only tale we need to know.
And it’s way more alarming than Covid.
At least with Covid, you can recover 99% of the time and be normal again.
With Liberalism, you are #ed.

Say you are thinking of driving down the street to grab a carton of milk and you can get there safely or not, What’s the long term effects of not making it there safely, Will you still go and get that milk. ?

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join