It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trump followed advice from his science team, he's bad, they are good.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

originally posted by: gortex
a reply to: network dude

As it stands 175 thousand Americans have lost their life due to COVID , out of the 5 million plus infected that's a low percentage but in Human terms that's 175 thousand unnecessary deaths.

Isn't it a government's job to look after all its citizens not just the strongest and most able to survive ?

How could government have saved those lives?

And what government?

Federal government? The federal government is confined by the 10th Amendment to defer to state authority.

Do you think Trump should have acted like a dictator and have mandated actions over-riding state authority?

Initially we were told the shut down was to flatten the curve, not eliminate the virus.

In the next few months, we'll be in flu season again and 45 to 60 thousand will die, as they do every year.

What flu? That junk has been cancelled you mean an additional 45 to 60 thousand covid 19 deaths.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Fauchi did an exemplary job handling this crisis. Trump screwed it all up.

Pretty much that.

I try my hardest to remove my bias on things, especially stuff of this magnitude.

I'll be one of the first to criticize the admin and federal government for the financial reaction (inflationary printing)....

But, if we're talking about precautionary response to the virus itself, I actually agree with the admin. They left it to the states and provided guidance.

I think it should be left up to the states. And the reason is many of our states are more accurate comparisons to other countries. We're in the top five countries in population and land mass.... So the feds quarterbacking something like this is destined to fail. Also, if you have one state that isn't as effected, you should save aggressive action for when it's going to be most effective. If you shut down the economy while other states are effected and you're not, it's going to be harder to get citizens to play ball.

That's just my opinion though.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Isn't it a government's job to look after all its citizens not just the strongest and most able to survive ?

Not in the United States, no. The Constitutional function of government here is to protect rights, freedoms, and liberties of all Americans and insure that all Americans are equal in the eyes of the law. Then allow the People the freedom to live their lives as they see fit, as long as they don't infringe on the rights, freedoms, and liberties of others.

That's the theory, anyway. In practice, the US Government looks after the Government first, then the Bankers, then the Corporations, with the People being somewhere down the list.

You're thinking of the slave nations where the people are the property of the government. Nations where people have no real rights, only privileges that can be revoked at any time "for their own safety and well-being." Nations where the government feels they have the Divine Right to control every aspect of a person's life from government approved cradle to government approved grave. Those governments believe that humans are a resource to be managed for maximum efficiency.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   
a reply to: DanDanDat

Here is a pretty good examination of the topic of government response. Not sure I agree with everything in there, but.. c'est la vie.

Some might say that Trump listened to the so-called "experts" far too much. For "whatever reason," the public and bureaucrats have viewed and treated science as increasingly monolithic.

I think its fair to have some serious damn questions if those who propose and enact extreme measures also have personal benefit from specific results. We need to keep an eye on everyone from DeBlasio possibly buying up property.. to Fauci's laundry list of conflicts of interest and extensive history of the exact same duplicitousness we have seen this year.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

and Trump followed what Fauchi told him to do.

He's paid lip service to what Fauchi has recommended he do while trying to undermine him , US infection rates tell the tail.

I think when this is all over, death numbers will tell the true tale. There won't be any way to spin that. But increase testing and *POOF* you see an increase in positive results. how is such magic even possible?

Because many cases are asymptomatic, yet they can still spread the virus. When you do more testing, you uncover that fraction of the population.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Biden says he'll listen to scientists and shut down the whole country 😃

The results would be devastating to the people, much worse than doing nothing at all.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Pretty much that.

Trump left it in the hands of the states (as he should do, since we dont want a dictator)... most of them screwed it up but yea I get it easier to blame trump.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: Irishhaf

Trump left it in the hands of the states (as he should do, since we dont want a dictator)

There's a difference between a Dictator and a leader , a leader shows decisive leadership while the Dictator issues edicts and plays golf.

edit on 22-8-2020 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
a reply to: gortex

Didnt vote for him, and will be voting libertarian this election, cant bring myself to vote republican or democrat.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:54 PM
link   

No!
Read and understand the preamble to the Constitution.

The Preamble
We the People of the United States, in Order to form a more perfect Union, establish Justice, insure domestic Tranquility, provide for the common defence, promote the general Welfare, and secure the Blessings of Liberty to ourselves and our Posterity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America.

edit on 22-8-2020 by CharlesT because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Trump left it in the hands of the states (as he should do, since we dont want a dictator)

There's a difference between a Dictator and a leader , a leader shows decisive leadership while the Dictator issues edicts and plays golf.

It seems these days the distinction between Dictator and Leader is little more than party affiliation of the person being judged and those doing the judging.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Fauchi has twist and turned on so many subjects, like masks don't work, you can hook up no problem to now you have to wear one no matter what.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:54 PM
link   

As it stands 175 thousand Americans have lost their life due to COVID , out of the 5 million plus infected that's a low percentage but in Human terms that's 175 thousand unnecessary deaths.

How do you know they were unnecessary? How do you know if any were preventable? How do you know how many of those deaths would have happened regardless of COVID but for some other virus or complication? How many deaths would have been satisfactory to you? Trump acted with early preventive measures, the left called him a racist and told everyone to go to Chinatown and eat out. You're delusional.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Dr. Birx says November in-person voting should be as easy as going to Starbucks
😃

The doctor coordinating the White House Coronavirus Task Force says she believes it will be safe for voters to go to the polls in November.

“Well, I can tell you it has been safe for me to go to Starbucks and pick up my order,” Dr. Deborah Birx told Just The News in an interview when asked about in-person voting.

Birx has been traveling the country by car and one of her practices is to visit as many Starbucks as she can in an attempt to gauge whether people are wearing masks and socially distancing. She said her coffee experiences in states that have higher than normal COVID-19 cases, has led her to a conclusion about voting.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Pretty much that.

to add,
Fauchi did an exemplary job handling this crisis...[in spite of] Trump trying to screw up damn near everything.
edit on 22-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:15 PM
link   
for the survivors no one knows what the LONG TERM effects will be

originally posted by: RazorV66

Liberal mental illness affliction rates tell the only tale we need to know.
And it’s way more alarming than Covid.
At least with Covid, you can recover 99% of the time and be normal again.
With Liberalism, you are #ed.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Sounds like Obozo that's right he played basket ball and didn't do squat.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:21 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

What were the 3 best things Fauci did ? 😎

And what would have happened if he didn't ? 😎

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen
Biden says he'll listen to scientists and shut down the whole country 😃

Maybe he should.

Do you ever want to travel again? Go to the park? - Your "Boy" dropped the ball. Face that fact.
Trumps response and attitude is pathetic and to try to "spin" it in a positive way is a joke.
edit on 22-8-2020 by canucks555 because: edit

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I don't think his science team was yelling 'LIBERATE MICHIGAN!!!'

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join