It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New York pays hotel fees for the homeless

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: Itisnowagain
a reply to: SuicideKing33
Is mental illness a choice?

if it's drug induced it is.

Some of the people here who where homeless, what did you do to end the situation? Were you able to join the military? I know that doesn't sound PC but it would have given you a place to live for a while as well as a paycheck. On the other hand if you weren't able to join the military due to a health issue, what did you try to end your situation?

I get tired of former homeless people telling me that I don't understand their situation, and just like BLM the former homeless person chooses to not talk about about their issue yet still demands that everyone that has been able to avoid their issue to "not be a jerk about it".

Look there are two type of people that live on the street in in those tiny house villages that so many cities exploit; One type of person is homeless due to issues outside of their control. These people try to get help and will get themselves out of their situation. The you have the home free people, these are the people who choose to just exploit the system for free housing, free medical services, free everything. Hell these people are even given a free get out of jail pass in many cities.

Most of the homeless crisis are from people that are self created issues, that could/can be solved if they are willing to find help for their issue. Instead they have been given a pass so that they can instead blame everyone else for not caring, not giving a flip, and believing the society in general is just a piece of crap. If you were homeless and you think that the world should bend over and take it with a smile because you feel that they should have to give up everything they earned through hard work, then get real. On the other hand if you were homeless and you think that each person is responsible for getting themselves out of it, then sorry if what I write upsets you.

Either way the homeless issue around here (globally) has been exploited by too many people for their own gains. People in general can get themselves out of a homeless situation if they really wanted too. Those that do have, those that don't care to get out of it don't.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SuicideKing33

And 99.99% of those vulnerable people have as was stated above, a mental illness.
They are still human beings and cannot be ignored no matter how much it disdains you.
They have problems and need help.
Addiction is a disease

<< 1   >>

join