It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Lightfoot stations over 100 cops outside home, bans protests on her block

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
With all those officers in that one spot, does this make the citizens free to take back their city? I don't think she considered that.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Oh yea?

news.wttw.com...

blockclubchicago.org...
edit on 21-8-2020 by strongfp because: (no reason given)

I mean... all it took me was literally a minute to search for a few sources to show she did not approve of the violence, and tried to stop it. But hey, keep up with listening to "THE BLAZE" and quote mined BS, and cherry picked situations.

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: strongfp

Oh yea?

news.wttw.com...

blockclubchicago.org...

I mean... all it took me was literally a minute to search for a few sources to show she did not approve of the violence, and tried to stop it. But hey, keep up with listening to "THE BLAZE" and quote mined BS, and cherry picked situations.

And all it took us was the past few months of watching her actions.
If you want to venture into this pool, bring a float. You are going to sink unless you learn just a little background.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

When are the videos from, I listened to angry counsel people asking for help with no support from her. We Americans know shes a piece of work to bad you Kanooks can't see past your upturned noses.

There's another thread about why do non American have a hard on for American politics maybe you need to chime in and tell us why you do. You could be a ex pat which is short for ex patriot which tells the whole story.

edit on 21-8-2020 by JON666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:15 PM
link   

a reply to: Chance321

a breach of decorum

That's the most laughable statement I've heard in a while. Decorum... as if any politician in these cities and much of DC knows what the word means!

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:17 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Quite clear things got out of hand, but Chicago isn't a city that can be tamed without hammering down with an iron fist.

So you tell me, do you clamp down with full force like when riots in Paris get out of control or let people protest like the way it's being handled?

It's funny how these protests, aren't engulfing entire cities like the 92 LA riots, they are contained. See Portland for example. The odd time the violent ones get out and cause havoc.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Quite clear things got out of hand, but Chicago isn't a city that can be tamed without hammering down with an iron fist.

So you tell me, do you clamp down with full force like when riots in Paris get out of control or let people protest like the way it's being handled?

It's funny how these protests, aren't engulfing entire cities like the 92 LA riots, they are contained. See Portland for example. The odd time the violent ones get out and cause havoc.

you live in a bubble. I hope you get out of it and see what's really going on soon. Damn, I'm embarrassed for you.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Want me to keep going?

Ten elected OFFICIALS, calling for using LESS force on protesters:

www.nbcchicago.com...

Protesters calling for less violence against them, and saying Lightfoot is part of the problem, sounds like she's in a pickle!:

abc7chicago.com...

Chicago Mayor Lori Lightfoot praised city police Sunday for “fairly quickly” settling weekend protests that devolved into violent skirmishes while activists and other elected officials blasted police for unnecessary aggressive tactics.

Sounds like she needs to make some big decisions, like not stepping on the toes of protesters, but I mean, she isn't trying right?

time.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   

I've seen my fair share of 'real life' to know that my bubble burst a long time ago.

Seems to be a trend of picking on Democrat women down in the states tho...

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   

you make me cringe..... www.chicagotribune.com...

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Oh yea?

news.wttw.com...

blockclubchicago.org...

Yes... because she condoned (and even encouraged) the "peaceful protesting" for so long and did nothing to help crack down on bad actors and violent participants.. it took months for her to say anything criticizing the violent criminals & thugs who are taking advantage of these "peaceful protests" while destroying the city of Chicago (many of whom probably do not even live there)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:37 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

What!?

All those links and video I provided were shortly after the protests started. How about someone provide ME proof of her endorsing the actions of violence. You're moving the goal posts.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:38 PM
link   
a reply to: MarlbBlack

I'll bite. Do you have anything beyond giving me a link to a pay wall and making a weak rebuttal? Everyone and their uncle knows Chicago is a violent city. What's your point?

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:40 PM
link   

I can't make you understand, so you win. Congrats. Lori is the bestest mayor evah. All her aldermen love her. She is super tough on crime. Much like her DA. I'm sure you know about how strong she is on crime, right? Jussie knows.

Wear this victory like a crown. You certainly earned it sport.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   

a reply to: FamCore

What!?

All those links and video I provided were shortly after the protests started. How about someone provide ME proof of her endorsing the actions of violence. You're moving the goal posts.

this sh!t has been going on for months. If you don't know, you sure as hell won't accept anything that counters your narrative. Run Away skippy, you won! Trophy is in the mail.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:43 PM
link   
If I worked for CPD, I would call out sick.
What a flipping joke, and an insult to the police.
F**k you, but come guard my house anyway.
SMH

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Few posts up. Go look at the links, dates, etc. She's been trying to please everyone from the looks of it, and her own city officials are hounding her.

Again do you want her to pull out all stops and shut down protests completely? Not very American now is it?

But hey, I WON, yay. Typical... ignore the only person providing information that doesn't fit YOUR narrative.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   
In a strange way I feel bad for Mayor Lightfoot. She has the look of someone who's never made love on a Mexican Beach, golden sun dropping like honey into the Pacific with the summer waves crashing over them. I'll personally get her a ticket to Cabo if it'll calm her the F down.

edit on 21-8-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

I can't make you understand, so you win. Congrats. Lori is the bestest mayor evah. All her aldermen love her. She is super tough on crime. Much like her DA. I'm sure you know about how strong she is on crime, right? Jussie knows.

Wear this victory like a crown. You certainly earned it sport.

It's not like I live here. Honestly true she has never come out and said anything endorsing the violence and looting. However those are merely words. Actions speak louder than words and quite frankly the actions of Mother Lord Lightfoot tell a different story worthy of its own thread. Anyone??

I see this cesspool of Chicago, Crook County and the surrounding areas for what it is, a corrupt backwater masquerading as a 'world class' city. The stink in this area politically has been around over 100 years and I've been here over 50 of them!

Remember actions always speak louder than words and reveal true motivation if one is inclined to see.

Also I am agreeing with you Network Dude just fleshing it out with a local perspective. Lightfoot disgusts me so yeah I get triggered some. However I feel its righteous so just sayin.
edit on 8/21/2020 by americanbuffalo1 because: had more to add

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

you kind of suck at winning. The Trophy is really nice.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join