It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Perhaps a little competition is called for...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
There are lots of little contests around that takes little time or effort to enter. Perhaps if we shared those with each other and then competed in them we'd give collaborative fiction a whole new outlet. I'm willing to bet that one of us would take the prize in everything we competed for.

Let me give you an example. Here is a writing contest I entered last night.

Its for the statewide newspaper in my home state of Arkansas. It clearly states that anyone can enter except last months winner and employee's of the newspaper.

All you have to do is pick a television show that you think should be made into a movie. Which show do you think should jump from the small screen to the big screen?

The winner gets their choice of the first season of Miami Vice or the first season of Full House.

Its not the prize, its the writing that counts.

Once you've figured out what show you'd like to see on the big screen you send your entry to:

[email protected]

If you need more info on the contest just ask and i'll post more.

I'll even post my entry first to give you an idea of what i think should work.

Competitive fiction. Now there is a site we should be trying to build.

Love and light,

Wupy

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
As I said in my original post, here is the entry I sent in.

Dear Jennifer Nixon,

I’d like to submit the following idea for the small-screen gem contest. This pick is so obvious I’m sure the actual movie will come out before long. Please, feel free to forward my thoughts and idea’s on the subject to all your buddies in tinsel town. My pick for the big screen jump goes to:

“Alias”

Opening scene:

Having spent the last three seasons and his entire film career trying to put together the Rimbaldi device, Arvin Sloan has finally gathered the final piece and is prepared to set the machine in motion.

“You told us you put this thing together and all it said was peace.” Jack Bristow said in an accusing tone.

“A convincing lie is all that’s needed to get back in everyone’s good graces, at least in our world.” Sloan replied.

“Oh yea, I forgot.” Said Jack.

Sloan puts the last piece on the device and uses a #9 Phillips screwdriver to lock it in place. “It’s done.” He says.

Nothing happens.

“Did you turn it on?” Asks Jack.

“Of course I turned it on!” Sloan shot back. “Do you think I’d go to all this trouble and effort and forget to turn it on?”

Marshall the geek walks in the room.

“Cool Rimbaldi device.” He says, “Turn it on and lets see what this puppy will do.”

Sloan looks at Jack, Jack stares back in disgust. Sloan turns to Marshall and says, “We’ve been saving that honor just for you my friend, please, turn it on.”

Marshall moves a lever to the left and then pulls a switch down three notches and then, smiling brightly he turns a knob. Instantly he is vaporized in a flash of light and cloud of smoke, all that remains is a pile of ash and his pearly whites.

“I hope this thing has more uses than killing geeks!” Yells Jack. “I liked Marshall, Do you have any idea how hard it will be to replace that brainiac?”

“Replace him we can.” Said Sloan as he stared at the device, now spinning and whirring and giving off all kinds of strange noises.

“What’s it doing?” Jack asked.

Sloan said not a word. He walks around the device and looks at every nook and cranny, staring at some things while passing by others.

“Just as I suspected.” Says jack, “You have no idea what-so-ever,
Do you?”

Scene two:

Vaughn is on the way to the office, another day of getting his butt beat and being saved by his girlfriend Sydney is in store for him. He’d long ago given up on the idea of being a hero or even a man. There is simply no point in it when you can be the wallpaper for the greatest spy on earth.

“Can we talk?” came the voice from behind him. Vaughn Knew the voice and tried to resist turning around, but couldn’t. Slowly he turns to face his ex-wife, Lauren, Who was actually quite dead the last time he had seen her.

“You’re supposed to be in a chiller box back at headquarters.” He informs her. “You either get back there right now or this is going in my report.”

“We were so good together.” The walking dead Lauren tells him, “What happened to our relationship? You gave me no signals that you were unhappy.”

“I shot you three times in the chest! THREE!” He yells at her. “How could I have sent any clearer of a signal?”

“Were still not divorced.” She tells him. “Perhaps we can go for counseling.”

“YOUR DEAD!” He yells, but still she won’t go away. Desperately he looks around for a way out of this situation.

“Is this dead bitch giving you a problem?” asks Sydney. (You can say bitch on the big screen)

Vaughn hadn’t seen her walk up but was grateful that she’d arrived to once again save his butt. He hangs his head in that sad, little boy way and looks as helpless as he can.

Sydney touches his hand and says, “Don’t worry, I’ll take care of this. You run along and clock in. We don’t want you being late. AGAIN.”

As Vaughn slinks away Sydney turns to face the walking dead Lauren.

The fight is ON!

Ok, ok, ok. You get the idea behind this. With the Rimbaldi device in motion all kinds of supernatural forces can be unleashed. Sydney can face her greatest foes, including her own past and personal demons. The special effects would be awesome and the fights would make the Matrix look like a really bad B movie.

It’s only a matter of time before Alias makes it to the big screen; I’m just trying to give some ideas for the first script.

Love and light to you and yours,

Milton

PS: In the event you actually choose this as the winner, I’ll go with the first season of Miami Vice.

join