It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does it take to be a succesful politician in the USA? I have an answer.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:55 PM
link   
This might be offensive to some but here goes, all you got to do is be hated by gays and jews, the GOP is and look how succesful they are now. Our politics are always changing but this is a legitimate trend I have noticed.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by jrod]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:09 PM
link   
You have to be as two-faced a person as can be, other than that just do what the guy who gives money to your campain says

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod
This might be offensive to some but here goes, all you got to do is be hated by gays and jews, the GOP is and look how succesful they are now. Our politics are always changing but this is a legitimate trend I have noticed.

I'm not offended, but I just don't see your post insightful at all... If you have a point I think I missed it...

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I kind of have one but its crude, everytime I have listen to a self rightous jewish person or a gay person I have failed but when I do the opposite of what I say I have suceeded, especially when I ticked them off in the process. Then I realized that the republican party has a record of being more or less enemies of of those groups and they too have been succesful in recent times. I just want to know if anyone else feels the same way.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
And one more thing, I wanna hear what others think it takes to make it in the political world though I realize my first post taints this thread.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Can you be more specific of th is 'opposeite of what you do'....I'm confused about what you are saying.

You are saying that if you are 'someone else' then you feel successful around them???

Be clearer!

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:21 PM
link   
To become POTUS is now a complex undertaking.

It is no longer sufficient to squander millions in campaign funds at the primaries and millions and millions more in mass advertising and campaign management.

It is now necessary also to:

* corrupt the election process in at least two states through nepotism and cronyism

* have your campaign manager in one state construct voting machinery for widespread sale and use, that leaves absolutely no audit trail of the malfeasance to be entered into

* have a complicit US Supreme Court on side

* buy select key media through preferential treatment of their media magnate owners

* have a complicit 'opponent' who is a member of your quasi-fraternity on side.

Your intellect, leadership skills, policies and overall performance (or lack of any of those) no longer matter at all, as you become a simple automaton. It will be preferable however, to have the services of a decent tailor who can conceal listening and prompting devices when you are required to string more than two words together.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
To become POTUS is now a complex undertaking.

[edit on 15-3-2005 by MaskedAvatar]

You have voted MaskedAvatar for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have two more votes this month

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by 00PS
Can you be more specific of th is 'opposeite of what you do'....I'm confused about what you are saying.

You are saying that if you are 'someone else' then you feel successful around them???

Be clearer!

Im trying to be as brief and clear as possible.

When I am on good terms with certain gay and jewish people bad stuff happens to me, like a dark cloud following me around where ever I go; and when I am on bad terms with them, especially when they feel the need to bad mouth me to other people good things happen to me. Its a wierd and confusing situation but it is true and I cant explain it. Also with the GOP being in power I realized that I am not the only one who enjoys success when gays and jews 'hate' me.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:01 PM
link   
Uhhh since when are Republicans anti-Jew? Or even "hated" by Jewish people? Just because more Jewish Americans vote Democratic doesn't mean that they hate Republicans.

Not to mention that our Republican VP's daughter is gay. Republicans don't hate gays. They just believe marriage should be between one man and one woman. Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs and NO ONE, whether Republican, gay, straight, Democrat, Jew, Muslim, etc. should be vilified for their opinion so long as it doesn't cause much harm or is done to intentionally hurt a group of people.

Republicans like President Bush still support Civil Unions between gay couples. I just happen to believe that once you allow gay marriage you could very well open the flood gates and pretty soon I'll be allowed to marry my pet llama.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrod

You need to go back to school.

I'll tell you what you need to be a succesful politician in the US.

It isn't money.

It isn't a genious IQ.

It is charisma. You need people to naturally like you. For instance, a member of my family was asked to run as a GOP state representative some time (about 15 or 20 years) ago.

The reason was very simple - people liked him. He was just charasmatic.

Look at our last few presidents.

George W. Bush - I know all of the haters will dispute this, however, if you take an honestly nuetral person they will like Bush. Women find him more atractive, and he comes off as much more of a 'guys guy' then Kerry.

Clinton - One of, if not THE, most charismatic presidents ever. The guy is just likeable. Hell, I hated all of his policies but you know what, I bet I would like him as a person.

Bush Sr - Not the most charasmatic, but look who he ran against when he won.

Reagan - he may have been old, but the ex hollywood actor had charisma to spare. Just look at the outpoor of love he got when he passed away.

There you have it.
1) Charisma
2) Wealth
3) Good education
4) Good looks
5) hieght (I know some will dispute this, but I will argue it if you want)

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rasputin13
Uhhh since when are Republicans anti-Jew? Or even "hated" by Jewish people? Just because more Jewish Americans vote Democratic doesn't mean that they hate Republicans.

Not to mention that our Republican VP's daughter is gay. Republicans don't hate gays. They just believe marriage should be between one man and one woman. Everyone has their own opinions and beliefs and NO ONE, whether Republican, gay, straight, Democrat, Jew, Muslim, etc. should be vilified for their opinion so long as it doesn't cause much harm or is done to intentionally hurt a group of people.

Republicans like President Bush still support Civil Unions between gay couples. I just happen to believe that once you allow gay marriage you could very well open the flood gates and pretty soon I'll be allowed to marry my pet llama.

Can you find something showing Bush supports civil unions? I hadn't heard that.

Afraid legalizing gay marriage would "Open flood gates" from current law to legal marriage for your llama-friend? I'm no lawyer, but I took a few classes at a law school and can tell you, there are no floodgates to fear in American law. The way laws are read and implemented changes very very slowly. I assure you, even with gay marriage legalized explicity, there will be no legal human-to-llama weddings.

A few years ago when I was in school in Atlanta, there were billboard advertisements on the 285 loop for divorces. $299.95 -- Culturally at least, marriage isn't what it used to be.

I don't see such a relation between support, or lack thereof, for gay or Jewish people and being the Prez. In fact, the Jewish people that make up the political right in Israel adore Bush. Seems pretty arbitrary. Can you give us any more details? Of course, if you group "Jews" and "gays" all together in your mind, there will always be a mix of opinions in any group, and therefore a voice to oppose anyone elected President in either group. By grouping these people into classes, gay and Jew (which is actually a racist act to assume that these groups think the same way), this illusion is launched.

Nice post, MaskedAvatar.

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 08:57 PM
link   
What it takes to be a successful politician in the US.

Humm..............that is easy,

Be born in the right family,

Be part of the elite,

Be on the right secret society,

and be a member of the Carlyle group.

That is all you need.

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I've considered being a politician before. While I don't agree that politicians are bigotted, racist, anti-semetic etc., I do believe that you generally have to be either rich, part of the right family, or have been in the military. It'd be extremely difficult to make it otherwise.

[edit on 16-3-2005 by Herman]

posted on Mar, 16 2005 @ 05:15 PM
link   
I am not trying to say politicians are racist, anti-semanic, anti-gay, or whatever. Im just saying certain groups of self rightous jews and gays have told me how much they hate Bush, the GOP, and all sorts of things and those people are the ones that when I am friends with bad stuff happens and when they hate me good stuff happens. Just because someone hates you doesnt mean you have to hate them back, kind of like turn the cheek and take it from them again. I find their rantings comical.
By no means means I am saying every gay and Jewish person are the ones that have that 'anti-aura' or whatever it is around them, its just the ones who think they know it all and like to gossip negativly about pretty much everything.

Back to the topic, the people who go out and make it sound like they're on your side, dont loose the averagoe person with long and big wordy speeches, and side on issues that the majority agrees with, at least publically, usually win.

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 05:56 AM
link   
Promise the people gifts for the National Treasury. Gifts that they don't deserve.

Promise to tax only the rich, while winking at the rich which you are apart of.

Tell people that all the that bad things that happen are caused by the rich and you will make the rich pay for their evil.

Tell them that you will make them safer by getting more laws past.

Always promise a free lunch.

Roper

posted on Mar, 17 2005 @ 06:17 AM
link   
Politicans are simply a special kind of businessman, they have no interest in serving the public. And those that do never make it into office or "disapear" or are conspired against.

posted on Mar, 22 2005 @ 12:51 AM
link   
All you really need is lots of money and enough sense not to say anything so stupid that you can't buy your way out of it

posted on Mar, 31 2005 @ 10:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Descendant
All you really need is lots of money and enough sense not to say anything so stupid that you can't buy your way out of it

If it was just money Ross Perot would have won every time he ran.

Kerry would have beat Bush etc etc.

I am telling you all, it is charisma - it's that simple. You have to get people to like you more then they like the other guy. If you are unlikable (as Senator Clinton will find out soon enough), you will lose.

new topics

top topics

join