It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

5 Questions about my role in the Chinese Education System

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:34 PM
link   
As a University teacher in Mainland China for 3 years now, what do you feel, as an American, is the best thing I can teach these students.

18 to 19 years old and living in a developing country. A communist country. A country many people around the world percieve as 'an unhappy place'.

I am interested to hear what people at ATS have to say about the following questions:

1) What problems do you think these students have growing up in their communist country?

2) What do you think their perspective on their country is?

3) What do you think their perspective on my country (USA) is?

4) What do you think I can or cannot say to them?

5) What do you think is the most important thing I can say to them or teach them?

Thanks in advance for any responses. I have class today in about 4 hours so I hope I can get some interesting responses!

[edit on 15-3-2005 by 00PS]

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Make sure you don't teach them anything that is against the communist party or it's policies. I'm guessing that you could get yourself in a bit of trouble with "brainwashing" those kids. Try and be as objective as possible on issues, don't take the "America is the greatest, chosen by god to lead the world, China is poor and only copies everything, Chinese people are nothing but godless communists" stance that many American's are made to believe by decades of indoctrination.

thanks,
drfunk

posted on Mar, 15 2005 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by drfunk
Make sure you don't teach them anything that is against the communist party or it's policies. I'm guessing that you could get yourself in a bit of trouble with "brainwashing" those kids. Try and be as objective as possible on issues, don't take the "America is the greatest, chosen by god to lead the world, China is poor and only copies everything, Chinese people are nothing but godless communists" stance that many American's are made to believe by decades of indoctrination.

thanks,
drfunk

Hi, Thanks for the input.

Just a little side note. I have been teaching here for 3 years and you definately have to be careful when it comes to 3 issues and only them.

#1 taiwan - it just so happens I agree with China though. Sorry Taiwan lost a civil war. You lose, the south didn't get to keep the confederacy did they?

#2 tibet - once again I don't believe Tibet could survive as an idependent country and is better off under China's administration, not Indias. I used to be a member of Students for a Free Tibet and now I know it's just a CIA ploy.

#3 falung gong - which is a cult led by a crazy leader that has nothing to do with religion at all. It's a form of getting power and controlling people which is unethical and immoral by Chinese law.

Now you can argue all those points but I'm just stating my side so you know that I don't feel I can't talk about what I want. I talk about Taiwan, Tibet and Falung Gong, I just probably have different views than you - maybe not?

And you can talk about religion. It just so happens there are churches and a synogogue in my city. Hmm Jews in China you say??

China is poor and copies many things, but their AIDS vaccine isn't a copy I can assure you that. In fact there are many cutting edge technologies being developed in China by their own scientists.

Anyhow about brainwashing, one could say they already are - or are they just more well-informed??? haha I repose my questions to the public

1) What problems do you think these students have growing up in their communist country?

2) What do you think their perspective on their country is?

3) What do you think their perspective on my country (USA) is?

4) What do you think I can or cannot say to them?

5) What do you think is the most important thing I can say to them or teach them?

Thanks DrFunk

new topics

join