It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic of Trump.

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   
Facts and Trumps own words are all I ever use to debate Trump supporters. And I'm talking undeniable unpolitical facts like Trump hired Jeffery Epstein's lawyer, an accused pedophile, Alan Dershowitz to defend him during his impeachment trial. Or like that Trump admitted to defrauding a children's charity in order to buy things for himself and was ordered to pay over $2million for doing so. Things like that so they cannot be dismissed by claiming fake news or whatever other delusional denialism Trump supporters engage in. Yet somehow they still manage to do these things when I debate with them. Funny, I've never lost a single debate with a Trump supporter who actually engages with me in a discussion. Not one single time. Can't lose when you have the truth on your side and don't let your opponent derail the discussion. They always eventually expose themselves for the delusional, immoral, illogical geniuses they are and then they basically admit that they don't care because Trump in office means they're getting their way and they're happy so who gives a #. Their platitudes about morality and patriotism are giant lies in an attempt to hide their bitter hate and resentment and their desire to feel like they are in power at the cost of everything else.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:55 PM
link   
I also find it funny how conservatives go on and on about how liberals use their emotions to guide them over facts when the entire platform of the right has been based on fearmongering and anger for decades. Compassion and empathy are emotions that are ridiculed by them but fear and anger are perfectly fine. These people also call themselves Christians. The irony hurts my head.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 01:20 PM
link   
a reply to: HighasAkite

as long as you have facts, you can't loose. Feelz don't Trump facts.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

spelling errors and all. Jesus dude, it's in the thread, it's never going away. Own it.

Again! Learn the difference between should and could! Two completly different words And meanings.

Trump said

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see,

He said this while looking at the medical doctor. So in effect, he was saying we could try that. Exactly what I have been saying. First time I mentioned it in this thread, it was not a quite, so not word for word on what he said, but pretty much means the same because he was asking the medical person if we could do that.

Now, I cannot explain it better than that! But you will still try to spin it!

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 12:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

Oh, trump did say we could try to inject yourself sith disinfectant.

is there a way we can do that?

Oh my God! Seriously? This is pointless! I have already say thst was not a quite when I first posted that, I never said it was a quote. He turned to the medical person (Who looked shocked) and said is there a way to do that? So, please tell me how saying "we could try" to the medical person is completly different?

In the first version of that quote (the real quote), he is deferring to their medical expertise. He's showing his own ignorance, but admitting he is ignorant, and allowing them to correct it.

In the second (completely false) version of the quote, he's pretending he's a doctor.

You have completly lost this debate. You have ignored my points, and the evidence I have posted, because it goes against your messiah, and then you use the very weak attempt to try and shut me up lolol

Complete failure!

There is no "win" or "lose" outside of highschool debate clubs.

People either are convinced by what you say, or they are not.

And the sad fact is, you started this thread trying to pretend you are not part of the Trump Cult, but at the end if it, you obviously are part of his cult, so you basically lied.

That is, if we even agree that such a cult exists.

Personally I think Anti-Trump is the cult, because it is the one taking the "all or nothing" attitude that cults are supposed to take according to Steven Hassan.

Most Trump supporters admit he has many faults, and they are somewhat ambivalent about following him. That doesn't sound to me like the way that cultists would talk about their leader.

But there is a fringe group that genuinely adores him. Most of whom own a "Maga" hat.

Why don't you ask network dude if he owns a "Maga" hat?

If the fact he prefers Trump over Biden makes him a cultist in your view, then perhaps you are taking an "all or nothing" perspective about things?

originally posted by: HighasAkite
And I'm talking undeniable unpolitical facts like Trump hired Jeffery Epstein's lawyer, an accused pedophile, Alan Dershowitz to defend him during his impeachment trial. Or like that Trump admitted to defrauding a children's charity in order to buy things for himself and was ordered to pay over $2million for doing so. Things like that so they cannot be dismissed by claiming fake news or whatever other delusional denialism Trump supporters engage in. Yet somehow they still manage to do these things when I debate with them. Funny, I've never lost a single debate with a Trump supporter who actually engages with me in a discussion. Not one single time. Can't lose when you have the truth on your side and don't let your opponent derail the discussion. They always eventually expose themselves for the delusional, immoral, illogical geniuses they are and then they basically admit that they don't care because Trump in office means they're getting their way and they're happy so who gives a #. Their platitudes about morality and patriotism are giant lies in an attempt to hide their bitter hate and resentment and their desire to feel like they are in power at the cost of everything else.

I would like a source on the children's charity. That sounds a bit inflated.

Usually those accusations, when I research them to their origin, turn out to be "technically true", but only if you split many hairs.

Trump said

"And then I see the disinfectant, where it knocks it out in one minute. And is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that, so that you’re going to have to use medical doctors with, but it sounds interesting to me. So, we’ll see,

He said this while looking at the medical doctor. So in effect, he was saying we could try that. Exactly what I have been saying. First time I mentioned it in this thread, it was not a quite, so not word for word on what he said, but pretty much means the same because he was asking the medical person if we could do that.

But you can see from that version of the quote that he was deferring to their medical expertise. He wasn't playing doctor.

Just asking a question. A question that shows he knows nothing at all about medicine, but still a question, not a statement.

It's a question you'd expect to be asked by a kindergartener who has never learned anything about medicine in their whole life, but it is still a question.

When CNN characterizes it as a statement, they commit a most disgusting journalistic fraud.
edit on 27-8-2020 by bloodymarvelous because: "That sound to me like the way that cultists would talk about their leader. " changed to "That doesn't sound to me"

edit on 27-8-2020 by bloodymarvelous because: His understood first part of what HighasAkite was saying. Sorry.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 08:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: bloodymarvelous

I would like a source on the children's charity. That sounds a bit inflated.

Usually those accusations, when I research them to their origin, turn out to be "technically true", but only if you split many hairs.

www.foxnews.com...

The New York Attorney General's office announced Thursday that a judge has ordered President Trump to pay $2 million in damages for improper use of funds at the Trump Foundation in connection with the 2016 presidential primaries and his own political purposes, as part of a lawsuit Trump and the foundation settled with state Attorney General Letitia James.

James' office had requested $2.8 million in restitution and a $5.6 million penalty, but Judge Saliann Scarpulla decided $2 million was a more reasonable restitution amount and declined to issue a penalty.

As part of the settlement, Trump admitted to misusing Trump Foundation funds and agreed to limitations placed on future charitable work. If he chooses to start a new charitable organization, he would have to report it to the state attorney general's office, according to an announcement from James' office.

posted on Aug, 27 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   
So, the suite alleges this:

The suit claims that Trump used the foundation’s charitable assets to pay off his legal obligations, promote Trump brand hotels and business, and to purchase personal items. The suit also claims that the foundation “illegally provided extensive support to his 2016 presidential campaign by using the Trump Foundation’s name and funds it raised from the public to promote his campaign for presidency.”

It doesn't actually say which of the allegations were proven and which were not.

He was required to reimburse a $10,000 portrait of himself that was made. .... which could have been for promotional purposes if only the charity had used it.

Not quite a "nothing burger". But close. And we're talking about a "charity" that only had 1.1 million in its bank account in 2015. $566,370 of which had been donated to it that year by the Trump Corporation.

www.foxbusiness.com...
edit on 27-8-2020 by bloodymarvelous because: Sorry. I had forgot the link.

posted on Aug, 28 2020 @ 02:10 PM
link   
a reply to: bloodymarvelous

But you can see from that version of the quote that he was deferring to their medical expertise. He wasn't playing doctor.

Well, that was kinda my point, hence the reason I said he said all this while lookng at the medical person,.

It was a stupid thing to suggest, hence the reason he lied afterwards and said he was being sarcastic, which is obviously not true.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:03 AM
link   

I don't have to spin it, you just did.

Unless you can prove that

we could try that

is the same as

asking the medical person if we could do that

There is a distinct difference. One is a statement, one is a question. Until you grasp the difference, you will continue to be wrong.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: HighasAkite
Facts and Trumps own words are all I ever use to debate Trump supporters. And I'm talking undeniable unpolitical facts like Trump hired Jeffery Epstein's lawyer, an accused pedophile, Alan Dershowitz to defend him during his impeachment trial. Or like that Trump admitted to defrauding a children's charity in order to buy things for himself and was ordered to pay over $2million for doing so. Things like that so they cannot be dismissed by claiming fake news or whatever other delusional denialism Trump supporters engage in. Yet somehow they still manage to do these things when I debate with them. Funny, I've never lost a single debate with a Trump supporter who actually engages with me in a discussion. Not one single time. Can't lose when you have the truth on your side and don't let your opponent derail the discussion. They always eventually expose themselves for the delusional, immoral, illogical geniuses they are and then they basically admit that they don't care because Trump in office means they're getting their way and they're happy so who gives a #. Their platitudes about morality and patriotism are giant lies in an attempt to hide their bitter hate and resentment and their desire to feel like they are in power at the cost of everything else.

I'm voting twice for Trump just for you then.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

we could try that

is the same as

There is a distinct difference. One is a statement, one is a question. Until you grasp the difference, you will continue to be wrong.

Nope, you just do not understand. It's some what I said. Cannot debate with a trump cultist, especially one pretending not to be one, when they obviously are!

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   

we could try that

is the same as

Nope, you just do not understand. It's some what I said. Cannot debate with a trump cultist, especially one pretending not to be one, when they obviously are!

Even if I was Donald trump, you would still be wrong. Statement is not the same as question. Ask any adult.

posted on Aug, 29 2020 @ 06:10 PM
link   

we could try that

is the same as

Even if I was Donald trump, you would still be wrong. Statement is not the same as question. Ask any adult.

And yet I never stated it was a quote when I first mentioned it. Something you have been ignoring. I understand it makes your messiah look like a moron, but it's one of many stupid things he has come out with.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

we could try that

is the same as

And yet I never stated it was a quote when I first mentioned it. Something you have been ignoring. I understand it makes your messiah look like a moron, but it's one of many stupid things he has come out with.

Jay, you have to be playing me. Nobody can be this dumb.

I never said you quoted him, I said you were wrong. You said it twice now. Different ways, but wrong on both counts. First when you posted the video, you tried to tell me what Trump meant, not what he said. And again, when you posted his exact quote, then again, tried to tell me what he meant, not what he said. Now being wrong seems to be your thing, and I sure don't want to take that from you, but when you are this wrong, to argue that you are somehow "winning", makes me laugh bigley.

A real man with some balls would just look back and admit he was wrong. Is a statement the same as a question? Long answer= no.
edit on 30-8-2020 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:25 PM
link   

we could try that

is the same as

Jay, you have to be playing me. Nobody can be this dumb.

I never said you quoted him, I said you were wrong. You said it twice now. Different ways, but wrong on both counts. First when you posted the video, you tried to tell me what Trump meant, not what he said. And again, when you posted his exact quote, then again, tried to tell me what he meant, not what he said. Now being wrong seems to be your thing, and I sure don't want to take that from you, but when you are this wrong, to argue that you are somehow "winning", makes me laugh bigley.

A real man with some balls would just look back and admit he was wrong. Is a statement the same as a question? Long answer= no.

So, you turning to the person while saying, and I quote

is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that,

How is that any different to me saying in my first post? He was asking her maybe we could try it. I said that he said we could try. It's not rocket science.

So please tell me again how what I said he said (not quoted( and what he actually said, is not pretty much the same thing?

posted on Aug, 30 2020 @ 06:41 PM
link   

" Dood, you are wrong. The evangelicals tolerate Trump because he is about keeping babies alive instead of killing them for convenience. They don't think he's the second coming, he's a douche, but much less of a douche than anyone on the left who likes to kill babies. "

Hmm...Now , Now Dude . No Reason to Surmise that the Minds of Self Righteous Religious Bigots in this Country when Speaking our Our President matter in the Least . God is Good , they on the Other Hand are Still just Repentant Sinners. Please Forgive them of their Ignorance.....

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 09:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

until you understand the difference between a question and a statement, you will continue to fail in this conversation. This is not really hard for most.

See, the MSM lied initially and spun what Trump said to make it sound like he was TELLING people to inject themselves with bleach. That was what I meant with my initial statements. Then you chimed in with :

Now, what you posted wasn't a direct quote, it's you summarizing what you think Trump said. Sadly, you aren't smart enough to separate MSM lies from reality. I showed you through Trump's direct quote that he was asking, not telling.

the above statement you typed is not accurate. Mainly because it is a statement and Trump had asked a question.
Until you can be intellectually honest, and non douchbagery honest, you will continue to fail at this, as you don't appear to have the mental ability to recognize the difference between a statement and a question.

If you feel you need to get the last word here, be sure you use it to explain what the difference between a statement and a question is.

And remember, my being the leader of the Trump cult has nothing to do with your ignorance here. You own that, all of it.
edit on 31-8-2020 by network dude because: sometimes even really really dumb folks figure out how to "internet".

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:11 AM
link   

As I interact with others on this board and other places (all anonymous), I notice one thing that stands out above all else. Trump seems to remove the logical part in discussions and force all participants to react based on feelings. Those who hate him will not find a single thing palatable about it, and those who feel he can do no wrong, likewise will ignore facts in favor of protecting him.

That used to be a rarity and easily spotted. There are a few members here who used to be strictly fact based. You knew their positions based on what facts they brought and to what topic, but they didn't let emotions take over. With Trump, that's all out the window. I doubt I could find a single member here who has posted about political events regarding Trump and not have an opinion based on feelings and not fact.

Could this be the reason we can't have a Trump presidency? it's not him, it's us?

I can only hope that in 2024, both sides have had long enough to find a candidate or several who are worthy of the title, open to being wrong, and they all listen to what the people of the nation want, not what they are told.

After you ponder all that, the next question of course is 'why is that?'

The reason itself is that the president uses polarization and division to subjugate his population. It's called "divide and conquer"

Now it's like Bears vs Packers fans out there.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 10:25 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ththema

As I interact with others on this board and other places (all anonymous), I notice one thing that stands out above all else. Trump seems to remove the logical part in discussions and force all participants to react based on feelings. Those who hate him will not find a single thing palatable about it, and those who feel he can do no wrong, likewise will ignore facts in favor of protecting him.

That used to be a rarity and easily spotted. There are a few members here who used to be strictly fact based. You knew their positions based on what facts they brought and to what topic, but they didn't let emotions take over. With Trump, that's all out the window. I doubt I could find a single member here who has posted about political events regarding Trump and not have an opinion based on feelings and not fact.

Could this be the reason we can't have a Trump presidency? it's not him, it's us?

I can only hope that in 2024, both sides have had long enough to find a candidate or several who are worthy of the title, open to being wrong, and they all listen to what the people of the nation want, not what they are told.

After you ponder all that, the next question of course is 'why is that?'

The reason itself is that the president uses polarization and division to subjugate his population. It's called "divide and conquer"

Now it's like Bears vs Packers fans out there.

are you sure it's Trump doing the dividing and not the opposition to Trump? From where I sit, Trump is trying to do his job, while a good portion of the nation is against him, the MSM is almost ALL against him, and his detractors on the left seem to want to encourage looting, riots and death.

I'm sure he has said some dumb things that have made folks angry in the past, but without being completely dishonest, you can't paint this all as Trump's fault. You have to look at everyone involved and see their part. If you disagree with that, please explain why.

posted on Aug, 31 2020 @ 12:51 PM
link   

a reply to: Jay-morris

until you understand the difference between a question and a statement, you will continue to fail in this conversation. This is not really hard for most.

See, the MSM lied initially and spun what Trump said to make it sound like he was TELLING people to inject themselves with bleach. That was what I meant with my initial statements. Then you chimed in with :

Now, what you posted wasn't a direct quote, it's you summarizing what you think Trump said. Sadly, you aren't smart enough to separate MSM lies from reality. I showed you through Trump's direct quote that he was asking, not telling.

the above statement you typed is not accurate. Mainly because it is a statement and Trump had asked a question.
Until you can be intellectually honest, and non douchbagery honest, you will continue to fail at this, as you don't appear to have the mental ability to recognize the difference between a statement and a question.

If you feel you need to get the last word here, be sure you use it to explain what the difference between a statement and a question is.

And remember, my being the leader of the Trump cult has nothing to do with your ignorance here. You own that, all of it.

My God!

Just tell me the difference! He said this when looking at the woman, as he said, we could try that. Never said he was telling everyone to inject themselves.

He know he made a stupid statement, hence the reason he tried to make out he was bring sarcastic, which he obviously was not.

So, one more time. What is the difference to me saying he said "we could try" to him saying

is there a way we can do something like that, by injection inside or almost a cleaning, because you see it gets in the lungs and it does a tremendous number on the lungs, so it’d be interesting to check that,

In that statement, is he basically saying the same thing I said, just worded different?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16 >>

join