It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Magic of Trump.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+8 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   
As I interact with others on this board and other places (all anonymous), I notice one thing that stands out above all else. Trump seems to remove the logical part in discussions and force all participants to react based on feelings. Those who hate him will not find a single thing palatable about it, and those who feel he can do no wrong, likewise will ignore facts in favor of protecting him.

That used to be a rarity and easily spotted. There are a few members here who used to be strictly fact based. You knew their positions based on what facts they brought and to what topic, but they didn't let emotions take over. With Trump, that's all out the window. I doubt I could find a single member here who has posted about political events regarding Trump and not have an opinion based on feelings and not fact.

Could this be the reason we can't have a Trump presidency? it's not him, it's us?

I can only hope that in 2024, both sides have had long enough to find a candidate or several who are worthy of the title, open to being wrong, and they all listen to what the people of the nation want, not what they are told.

After you ponder all that, the next question of course is 'why is that?'

+31 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:13 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

The guy is a high functioning sociopath. He is a compulsive liar. He is a Narcissistic.

But one thing he does have going for him, is thst fact he has the properties to be a cult leader. We can see that now with the following he has.

He knows if he gets the Christians on his side, then that's a lot of support. So what does he do? He pretends to be a Christian, when he clearly is not. He says the bible is his second favourite book, when he obviously has not read it!

But he has the talent to manipalate people, and he knows the easiest people to manipalate are religous people.

+37 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   
a reply to: Jay-morris

Are you not being manipulated?

Geez how about a little self reflection?

+25 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

the only was to defeat Trump is to use emotions and not facts. Facts expose the leftists as anti-freedom, anti-Constitutional.

So they use emotions and feels.

I can hardly get anyone to talk of policy differences.

+13 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Jay-morris

But he has the talent to manipalate people, and he knows the easiest people to manipalate are religous people.

Proves OP's point, but you get a twofer: Trump and "religious" people. Congrats.

(BTW: "manipalate" = "manipulate." "religous" = "religious")

+18 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:27 PM
link   
Speak of the devil, a thread about feelings and emotion muddying the facts, and low and behold first post emotions and feelings.... 🤦‍♂️ a reply to: Jay-morris

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:28 PM
link   
What matters to everyday Americans: www.promiseskept.com...#

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

There's more Democrat Christians than Republican Christians 😎

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Aallanon

Are you not being manipulated?

Geez how about a little self reflection?

Trump supporter? lol

+16 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

The guy is a high functioning sociopath. He is a compulsive liar. He is a Narcissistic.

And still better that any democrat candidate.

Sucks right?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:33 PM
link   
a reply to: schuyler

(BTW: "manipalate" = "manipulate." "religous" = "religious")

I use my mobile to type, which uses predictive texting, which sometimes dies not predict right, and I never read through before I post no big deal.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: SaneThinking
Speak of the devil, a thread about feelings and emotion muddying the facts, and low and behold first post emotions and feelings.... 🤦‍♂️ a reply to: Jay-morris

And?

+1 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

EXACTLY!

Where are your facts Jay?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

There's more Democrat Christians than Republican Christians 😎

Did I say only Christians support trump? Look art the people who support trump, most of them are extreme Christian Patriots. You only have to look at youtube videos of Trump supporters being interviewed to realise that.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: Alien Abduct

EXACTLY!

Where are your facts Jay?

Facts about what? That Trump is basically a cult leader and looked at as a messiah figure?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: Trueman

And still better that any democrat candidate.

Sucks right?

Just goes to show the state of the American Givernment at the moment, where a person like Trump is in charge.

+5 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   

High-functioning sociopaths certainly do "manipalate religous people"...but low IQ people catch 'em at it every time.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

High-functioning sociopaths certainly do "manipalate religous people"...but low IQ people catch 'em at it every time.

What?

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: IAMTAT

What?

Thank you for that.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: IAMTAT

LOL ok. Next!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join