It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Release of 750 genetically modified mosquitos in Florida Keys

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Despite public disapproval the mosquitos are set to be released soon.

Some have called mosquitos "flying syringes".

I think this will ultimately be harmful to humans. Does it advance another agenda?

www.globalresearch.ca...

All comments welcome.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Salander

There are some many different trials happening across the world, and all with the end goal of depopulating the planet. I'm gonna say by half.
You know end game style.

Imagine that genetically modified to kill by lethal injection... Oh sorry spoiler, thats Km 2.7

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

They've been doing it for years.

Who knows how many types of GMO mosquitoes are buzzing around Florida at this point? Must be dozens by now.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I think they are releasing male mosquitoes and hoping they interrupt the breeding cycle.

pestseek.com...

Males don't bite. Only those damn females. As soon as they finish making sammiches, they have to find a blood meal.
edit on 20-8-2020 by network dude because: Beto, what a stupid name.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: OutTheBox

There are some many different trials happening across the world, and all with the end goal of depopulating the planet. I'm gonna say by half.
You know end game style.

Imagine that genetically modified to kill by lethal injection... Oh sorry spoiler, thats Km 2.7

Whats a kingdom with no serfs?

This is not a new program, if I recall correctly, it messes with breeding cycles.

Not saying I approve, or disapprove, we sure have messed up many times doing this sort of thing. Although, This is not introducing a foreign species, just a GM one..not sure if that's astronomically better.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
I think they are releasing male mosquitoes and hoping they interrupt the breeding cycle.

pestseek.com...

Males don't bite. Only those damn females. As soon as they finish making sammiches, they have to find a blood meal.

I think, it creates sterility in the next gen.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:38 PM
link   
What could go wrong

Life.....finds a way.....

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:42 PM
link   
It's Florida. They earned their zombie mosquito apocalypse.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:52 PM
link   
5 years from now, I'll be able to tell people in my bunker how the zombie apocalypse started.

Right before they eat me.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Good for them. Anything that gets rid of those little disease carriers is good with me.

If memory serves, they did the same on a larger scale last year.

BLOOD SUCKING LITTLE CREEPS deserve whatever they get!

Link

Mosquito-borne diseases are those spread by the bite of an infected mosquito. Diseases that are spread to people by mosquitoes include Zika virus, West Nile virus, Chikungunya virus, dengue, and malaria.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blaine91555
Good for them. Anything that gets rid of those little disease carriers is good with me.

If memory serves, they did the same on a larger scale last year.

BLOOD SUCKING LITTLE CREEPS deserve whatever they get!

Link

Mosquito-borne diseases are those spread by the bite of an infected mosquito. Diseases that are spread to people by mosquitoes include Zika virus, West Nile virus, Chikungunya virus, dengue, and malaria.

I will happily remove any bug I find in my abode..alive and well, mosquito's though, get no quarter.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

Exactly. These mosquitoes are only male and their offspring is only male, as the females die before reaching maturity. The second generation still carries the gene that limits their offspring to male only, but it's less effective and the effectiveness diminishes with every generation.

They are genetic engineered versions of a mosquito that is not native to Florida (it's from Africa) and that spreads several diseases, like Dengue and Zika.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Just as long as they don't mess with South Carolina's state predator - the Gallanipper. A large mosquito with alternating white and grayish black bands on its legs. When it bites, the hind legs work up and down like an oil drill.

When we were deer hunting in the lower part of SC in the mid-60's, the lieutenant (what a Character!) and I were walking through the swamp and came across a post with about twenty Gallanippers on top of the post with their suckers stuck in top of the post and their legs all working up and down. He remarked that they were probably going to move the post for a new airfield. I didn't argue with him...

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:29 PM
link   
a reply to: ArMaP

Thanks for the info!

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: NightFlight

Just as long as they don't mess with South Carolina's state predator - the Gallanipper. A large mosquito with alternating white and grayish black bands on its legs. When it bites, the hind legs work up and down like an oil drill.

When we were deer hunting in the lower part of SC in the mid-60's, the lieutenant (what a Character!) and I were walking through the swamp and came across a post with about twenty Gallanippers on top of the post with their suckers stuck in top of the post and their legs all working up and down. He remarked that they were probably going to move the post for a new airfield. I didn't argue with him...

There is a place in Manitoba, where the mosquito is the official bird..they are huge.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Years ago, science devised a way to fight screw worm fly infestations. They irradiated pupae to cause the males to be sterile. Infertile males mates with females and the females lay nonviable eggs.
Using this method, they were able to eradicate screw worms from certain islands.
fao.org
They are doing the same sort of thing with the mosquitoes, just using genetic modifications to cause the males to be limited to making male offspring.
edit on b000000312020-08-20T15:04:51-05:0003America/ChicagoThu, 20 Aug 2020 15:04:51 -0500300000020 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

You know end game style.

It's more than half it's more like 500 million is the goal.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:20 PM
link   
As long as they wear their masks y’all can mind your own business mosquito lives matter

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

You know end game style.

It's more than half it's more like 500 million is the goal.

its more like 144k
I mean, if you are gonna go with absurdity, why not go with JW conspiracy/promises and commit to the rediculous.

new topics

top topics

join