It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It just doesn't happen

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Riffrafter

So, what does that tell you about the question - or better yet - the answer to the question?

C'mon now be specific so I know were on the same page. There's
more than one question we've come across.

The question is, is our universe - and everything in it - just a gloriously happy accident, or was there some sort of "First Cause" or Infinite Creator or God or whatever name you'd like to use. I mean, who got the Big Bang started in the first place - was it just a transient property of physics in a vacuum that has not been repeated in this universe in over 14 billion years?

Personally, I love the very beginning of Genesis in the KJ bible, where it talks about God creating the world, and that it was formless and void and there was darkness over the face of the waters. And then God said, "Let there be light!"

How f#cking cool is that?!

edit on 8/25/2020 by Riffrafter because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 04:28 AM
link   

Personally, I love the very beginning of Genesis in the KJ bible, where it talks about God creating the world, and that it was formless and void and there was darkness over the face of the waters. And then God said, "Let there be light!"

Now you're talking to me. I don't know of a more exciting topic
in life than one that discusses a Supreme Being God or Heavenly
Father. The definition of the word God says he can speak things
into existence. Ever since I was sixteen yo I've always felt vibration
was the key to the universe. I was married with children when I
finally made the connection to Genesis. The sound from Gods
voice vibrates according to his word. And the word is Jesus Christ.
His voice causes molecules to vibrate and arrange to become
light if he speaks the word etc.

I have pondered the stars being meant for us to explore with his
guidance. And found reason for what we were meant to be.
We were meant to live forever and have unheard of adventures
if we just wouldn't have screwed it up "In The Beginning". All of
Creation including us is here for one simple reason. This is the
only way God can experience love.

That's just a taste of where my mind goes. I can get pretty far out
there. But without a higher intelligence then us some where out
side of the universe. There would be nothing and the very nature
of it all is his witness.

edit on 25-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Logical fallacy.
Odds don't matter once something happens.
www.inquirer.com...

Yet you're assuming evolution must be true, and then using that statement above to justify it. "Evolution happened, therefore evolution must be true". Yet there is no example of it being possible. Organisms can adapt, but they cannot go outside of particular bounds and becomes something different. Fruit flies always remain fruit flies, despite millions of generations in labs trying to artificially evolve them.

originally posted by: Riffrafter

How f#cking cool is that?!

A not-so-well-known fact about the observations with the big bang is that it appears to happen at every point in the universe. It wasn't one location, but rather every location in the universe. To say our heart is the center of the universe is just as true as saying our sun or the core of the milky way galaxy is the center.
edit on 25-8-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

a reply to: Phage

Time for bed, kiddo.
What I said is not a lie, and I do not do so on "these boards."

Well then what's that law that says, I think it's 1 in 10 to the
power of fifty that is considered impossible not sure I have that
right. But I am sure you must know. So if you weren't lying at least
be kind enough to tell me what I'm talk'n about please? lol

Suggestion: Lay off the hard stuff. Try a glass of milk before bedtime.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   

Yet you're assuming evolution must be true, and then using that statement above to justify it. "Evolution happened, therefore evolution must be true". Yet there is no example of it being possible. Organisms can adapt, but they cannot go outside of particular bounds and becomes something different. Fruit flies always remain fruit flies, despite millions of generations in labs trying to artificially evolve them.
a reply to: cooperton

How many times are you going to post the same lie?????

READ: EVOLUTION NEVER SAID A CAT TURNS INTO A MOUSE OR A HORSE TURNS INTO AN ELEPHANT. EVOLUTION IS ABOUT CHANGE OVER TIME.

Speciation is the evolutionary process by which populations evolve to become distinct species. The biologist Orator F. Cook coined the term in 1906 for cladogenesis, the splitting of lineages, as opposed to anagenesis, phyletic evolution within lineages.

Speciation and branching defines evolution. AND YES, IT HAS BEEN PROVEN AND REPRODUCED IN THE LAB.

You continue to lie, cheat, steal, defraud - you're an embarrassment.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

More lies and deceit. You copy and paste your posts, repeat them over and over expecting something different to happen.

Remember what Einstein said: "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity". And you, most definitely, are insane.

Yes, evolution has been demonstrated in the lab. And no, an intelligent creator is NOT obvious. The theory of intelligent design is merely an excuse to stop thinking. Which you have a long, long time ago.

edit on 25-8-2020 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:13 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

The alternative being an immortal, omnipotent, omnipresent, invisible dude, created us in his own image no less, with all our faults, insecurities, biological shortcomings, nevermind being designed to die.

If thats the case, its not an equal he created but a slave race who's purpose is service, worship, and attendance.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   
a reply to: Specimen88

Read this paper:

New study estimates the odds of life and intelligence emerging beyond our planet
Date:
May 18, 2020
Source:
Columbia University

Summary:
Despite knowing when life first appeared on Earth, scientists still do not understand how life occurred, which has important implications for the likelihood of finding life elsewhere in the universe. A new paper shows how an analysis using a statistical technique called Bayesian inference could shed light on how complex extraterrestrial life might evolve in alien worlds.

Humans have been wondering whether we alone in the universe since antiquity.

We know from the geological record that life started relatively quickly, as soon as our planet's environment was stable enough to support it. We also know that the first multicellular organism, which eventually produced today's technological civilization, took far longer to evolve, approximately 4 billion years.

But despite knowing when life first appeared on Earth, scientists still do not understand how life occurred, which has important implications for the likelihood of finding life elsewhere in the universe.

In a new paper published in the Proceeding of the National Academy of Sciences today, David Kipping, an assistant professor in Columbia's Department of Astronomy, shows how an analysis using a statistical technique called Bayesian inference could shed light on how complex extraterrestrial life might evolve in alien worlds.

"The analysis can't provide certainties or guarantees, only statistical probabilities based on what happened here on Earth," Kipping said. "Yet encouragingly, the case for a universe teeming with life emerges as the favored bet. The search for intelligent life in worlds beyond Earth should be by no means discouraged."

www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

a reply to: TzarChasm

The question was never about how did life happen or where did the universe come from, it's always been how do we face our profound and crippling fear of mortality.

Who in the hell are you?
To say what the question is?

Who in the hell are you to tell me I'm wrong? Particularly given the fairytale nonsense you posted earlier.

I have pondered the stars being meant for us to explore with his 
guidance. And found reason for what we were meant to be. 
We were meant to live forever and have unheard of adventures 
if we just wouldn't have screwed it up "In The Beginning". All of 
Creation including us is here for one simple reason. This is the 
only way God can experience love.

And you said evolution is the most ridiculous thing you ever heard. None of what you described has any basis in fact.
edit on 25-8-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:45 AM
link   

originally posted by: Riffrafter

So, what does that tell you about the question - or better yet - the answer to the question?

C'mon now be specific so I know were on the same page. There's
more than one question we've come across.

The question is, is our universe - and everything in it - just a gloriously happy accident, or was there some sort of "First Cause" or Infinite Creator or God or whatever name you'd like to use. I mean, who got the Big Bang started in the first place - was it just a transient property of physics in a vacuum that has not been repeated in this universe in over 14 billion years?

How f#cking cool is that?

If we were talking about a X-Men comic, then yes I would agree.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

READ: EVOLUTION NEVER SAID A CAT TURNS INTO A MOUSE OR A HORSE TURNS INTO AN ELEPHANT. EVOLUTION IS ABOUT CHANGE OVER TIME.

Take a breather and try having a normal conversation

If evolution is meant to explain the diversity of life on this planet, then it means that primordial organisms gradually diverged into other organisms. This is impossible - we have never seen anything like it in a lab. Microbes remain microbes, fruit flies remain fruit flies. Unless you have proof that evolution can occur, then you are simply relying on faith.

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: carsforkids

The alternative being an immortal, omnipotent, omnipresent, invisible dude, created us in his own image no less, with all our faults, insecurities, biological shortcomings, nevermind being designed to die.

If thats the case, its not an equal he created but a slave race who's purpose is service, worship, and attendance.

Are you actually interested in Theological discussion? Because there are rational answers to everything you just said.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Nothing rational about organized religious practice, just control, via religious texts, that are a product and the work of Man, with all his fear and fallibility at play.

I'm interested in our origin and place in the universe put it that way.
edit on 25-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

If evolution is meant to explain the diversity of life on this planet, then it means that primordial organisms gradually diverged into other organisms. This is impossible - we have never seen anything like it in a lab. Microbes remain microbes, fruit flies remain fruit flies. Unless you have proof that evolution can occur, then you are simply relying on faith.

It DOES NOT mean that at all. Speciation and branching happen. That's evolution. You continue with a poorly constructed lie. You have no evidence to back it up. But 500 journals in biological evolution and 200,000 peer-reviewed research articles say you're wrong. You have ZERO evidence for your case.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Nothing rational about organized religious practice, just control, via religious texts, that are a product and the work of Man, with all his fear and fallibility at play.

Don't be so bigoted bro. Not all people who practice religion (which means unity) are doing so blindly. I suppose it is useless to converse if you have such intense bias against Theology.

I'm interested in our origin and place in the universe put it that way.

Ok nvm it is not useless to converse then. We are intelligent beings - that is a fact. Even the dumbest person on earth still has a working digestive system that acts according to very meticulous biophysiological order. These intelligible processes, which act according to precise laws, require intelligence to have made them. Can you agree with this? Or do you want to make the argument that all of biological life is illogical?

originally posted by: Phantom423
But 500 journals in biological evolution and 200,000 peer-reviewed research articles

None of which show an example of a population of organisms evolving into a new organism. I commend your faith, but I don't understand why you are so adamant about faith in meaninglessness?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Can you explain how intelligent design creates life? Is there a engineering process or is it like magic and animals just poofed into existence? It would be really helpful to know the technical details.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:53 AM
link   

None of which show an example of a population of organisms evolving into a new organism. I commend your faith, but I don't understand why you are so adamant about faith in meaninglessness?

False. There are literally thousands of articles demonstrating evolution. You just don't bother to read them.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:55 AM
link   

I'm a protestant mate, well christened such anyhoo. LoL

Ile question everything ta very much, theology included.

It's what Humans do, and the beauty of it being, our questions tend to breed more interesting questions, as opposed to any sort of definitive answers.

I like to look before i leap.

Faith, well not so much.

"Can you agree with this? Or do you want to make the argument that all of biological life is illogical?"

I don't think nature and our interpretation of what constitutes logic are necessarily synonymous, put it that way.
edit on 25-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 09:59 AM
link   
a reply to: peter vlar

It’s about chewing and a larger jaw bone and muscles not corn syrup
It’s about roughage

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:06 AM
link   

I'm a protestant mate, well christened such anyhoo. LoL

Ile question everything ta very much, theology included.

It's what Humans do, and the beauty of it being, our questions tend to breed more interesting questions, as opposed to any sort of definitive answers.

I like to look before i leap.

Faith, well not so much.

"Can you agree with this? Or do you want to make the argument that all of biological life is illogical?"

I don't think nature and our interpretation of what constitutes logic are necessarily synonymous, put it that way.

That's a very fascinating and meta perspective to the mystery. Not just what the ultimate answer looks like, but why we pursue it in the first place. Sometimes technology, sometimes it's idle amusement, and then there's the existential riddle of identity. Its amazing what some people will buy into for the sake of feeling comfortable in their skin.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:12 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Remember what Einstein said: "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity". And you, most definitely, are insane.

So does misattributing a quote repeatedly "expecting different results" count? lmao
Einstein? lol
edit on 25-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join