It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It just doesn't happen

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2020 @ 07:42 PM
link   
All these threads for the last six years that I've been here, as a member / lurking, are nearly identical.

Edit:

Not that my cheeky comments or playful jabs have changed either. I can remember getting more serious from time to time. This post is pretty much off topic I guess. It's just kind of funny to not have been here for a long long time, to come back and see what's up. Sure, I've peeked from random time to time. I used to love this particular forum. Nothing at all is different though. Years have gone by since I came around for the cringe of one side and the indoctrination from God hating Darwinist heathens partaking in a global conspiracy to deny faith with science, and you're all (mostly) still here. Saying the same things to each other. This won't change, and that's fine. There's no problem with that. I've learned a lot, about a lot of things in this forum, from both sides. Maybe I just miss the days where it was fresh, informative, and entertaining to me.

Alright carry on.
edit on 9-10-2020 by WakeUpBeer because: ramble

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:45 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

In the light of your post I extend a personal invite to join us.
If for nothing but the sake of nostalgia my good man.
edit on 11-9-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Your scientism religion does not allow dissenting opinions.. yet there is still plenty of evidence in the scientific literature that involves observable evidence that demonstrates evolution is not possible.

One citation. You can't do it.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   

Every law of physics is precise, consistent, and upholds the biological world. Science itself is a logical form of study that implies that logic must exist since it requires logic to even discuss it.

Some laws of physics have either changed or have been corrected. They are not set in stone. They may not be ubiquitous throughout the universe. I've said this before, but as per usual, you never pay attention. You're embedded in a pile of lies that suit your corrupted mind.

Your logic is illogical. Nothing requires a logic to exist. It only requires the elements of its existence and the chemistry of self assembly.

You have no theory or hypothesis. It's all crap thrown at the wall hoping some will stick.

One citation.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 07:58 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

Let's see if you can answer a simple question? what is it that
makes you rather a supreme being does not exist? Why do
carry so much hate for the more likely possibility of a Supreme
being? I find it odd really that you become so agitated. Care to
let us in on what all the hostility is about? If I'm no longer being
ignored of course.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:03 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Thanks! Idk if I will though. I don't really have anything to add that I or others haven't already said. I've already done the whole, pointing out crappy (imo) parts of the Bible, and I'm no PhD with knowledge bombs to drop, so... For now I will just keep popping in from time to time.

You know what I find most interesting? People here are sure of their side. That's why the arguments and discussions haven't, dare I say it, evolved much! Btw, I'm not trying to make my post about sides or get divisive. I'm just saying I know where I stand and so do the frequent posters here. From my perspective, I like to watch the mental gymnastics of the other side. But I also think about how, that other side is probably doing the same thing too (entertained by what they perceive as mental gymnastics). Lol!

I don't think any of these threads have topped my favorite one yet, though. I'm not going to go digging for it... but it went on for a little over 100 pages iirc. Anyway..

Peace and love.

edit on 9-11-2020 by WakeUpBeer because: typo

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:24 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

Let's see if you can answer a simple question? what is it that
makes you rather a supreme being does not exist? Why do
carry so much hate for the more likely possibility of a Supreme
being? I find it odd really that you become so agitated. Care to
let us in on what all the hostility is about? If I'm no longer being
ignored of course.

I have said it multiple times before, but I'll say it again. There is no evidence either way that a "supreme being" exists. As far as I'm concerned, if there's a god, that's okay with me. If there isn't a god, that's also okay. You don't know, I don't know, no one knows.

The "hostility" is about Cooperton's cult. And it is a cult. There isn't a single Judeo-Christian religion that endorses their corrupt positions. They're charlatans.

You're free to believe what you want. If you like your god, fine. No one objects to religious beliefs. But a cult is quite different than a religious belief.

Cult: a relatively small group of people having religious beliefs or practices regarded by others as strange or sinister.

Cooperton hides behind a black shadow of lies and deceit. My responses are to expose him and his cult. Which I will continue to do.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 08:55 AM
link   
a reply to: WakeUpBeer

You are aware of what's going on with ATS right? You may not
ever get another chance at "For old times sake" nostalgia?

So much of this topic is repetitive and so filled with the same old
talking points. But then again it's worth it every time because
there's always at least one, sometimes a few, new bits of reason.
Time consuming and very little to be gained. I may have just talked
myself out of ever doing this again. lol

I understand you perfectly. it's an intimate discussion and many
on both sides let their passion get the best of them. I'm just as
guilty as anyone I suppose. i'm work'n it. But you know the doors
open anytime around here.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 09:37 AM
link   

It seems you and Coop have a history then I was not aware of?
I don't even know what religion/cult he may be member
to. But I'm glad you answered as it was really nagging at me
feel'n I was missing something. At least now there's a semblance of
reason.

I can give this much. Jesus showed the most anger more than
any other time in the Bible. Because of what religion was doing
in Gods temple. One could even say that Jesus came against
religion. And that sealed his fate. That's why I just say I'm a
believer because that's all he asked of us at the very least.
And while you may of heard it before. God doesn't have a
religion either.

Thanks for your reply and I am by no means judging either of you.
Think I'll just observe for awhile.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

As I recall, Jesus was furious that the rabbis were using the temple as a money exchange place (i.e. a bank).

The cleansing of the Temple narrative tells of Jesus expelling the merchants and the money changers from the Temple, and occurs in all four canonical gospels of the New Testament. The scene is a common motif in Christian art.

In this account, Jesus and his disciples travel to Jerusalem for Passover, where Jesus expels the merchants and consumers from the Temple, accusing them of turning the Temple into "a den of thieves" through their commercial activities.

The narrative occurs near the end of the Synoptic Gospels (at Matthew 21:12–17, Mark 11:15–19, and Luke 19:45–48) and near the start in the Gospel of John (at John 2:13–16). Some scholars believe that these refer to two separate incidents, given that the Gospel of John also includes more than one Passover.[1]

And he was absolutely correct in doing so.

And yes, I (and others) have a long history with Cooperton.

edit on 11-9-2020 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

It seems you and Coop have a history then I was not aware of?

She tends to get really worked up. I really do wish her the best but it's painful for the plight of humankind when I see some of the scathing things she says.

I don't even know what religion/cult he may be member
to. But I'm glad you answered as it was really nagging at me
feel'n I was missing something. At least now there's a semblance of
reason.

I'm not in any cult. I'm not even in a particular denomination of Christianity. I try to be a universal Christian while maintaining what I feel is true.

originally posted by: Phantom423

Some laws of physics have either changed or have been corrected.

Humans correcting our understanding of a physical law does not mean the physical law has changed.

One citation. You can't do it.

One of my favorites is the one that disproves that antibiotic resistance is an example of evolution:

This Study, among many others, have found that the antibiotic resistance exhibited in microbes is actually an epigenetic mechanism. An epigenetic mechanism is not a hard-wired mutation as the evolutionists would like to believe, instead it is a reversible change of expression of the genome of the organism. The fact that its so quickly reversible further proves it is not an evolutionary mechanism, but instead is an adaptation mechanism pre-set in the organism to allow it to adapt to new stresses.

Antibiotic resistance was once the only apparent example of organisms evolving, but now with this new information, there are officially no examples of organisms evolving. Unless you want to show a citation that you think demonstrates an example of evolution?
edit on 11-9-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:42 AM
link   

I'm not in any cult. I'm not even in a particular denomination of Christianity. I try to be universal while maintaining what I feel is true.

You are such a liar. You have endorsed every tenet of Creationism for years. You have quoted from their websites, endorsed their pseudo science and repeated ad infinitum the mantras that they spew. You even had a crowd funding website to support your "creationist laboratory" which never materialized and was shut down because it was a fraud.
And now you want to deny that you're a Creationist? You f^&*'in liar.

SCIENCE
The Cruelty of Creationism
A new documentary shows how biblical fundamentalism imprisons the mind.
By MARK JOSEPH STERN

Intellectual freedom is one of humanity’s greatest gifts—and biggest burdens. Our ability to ask questions, to test ideas, to doubt is what separates us from our fellow animals. But doubt can be as terrifying as it is liberating. And it’s the terror of doubt that fosters the toxic, life-negating cult of creationism.

That fear is on full display throughout HBO’s new documentary Questioning Darwin, which features a series of intimate interviews with biblical fundamentalists. Creationism, the documentary reveals, isn’t a harmless, compartmentalized fantasy. It’s a suffocating, oppressive worldview through which believers must interpret reality—and its primary target is children. For creationists, intellectual inquiry is a sin, and anyone who dares to doubt the wisdom of their doctrine invites eternal damnation. That’s the perverse brilliance of creationism, the key to its self-perpetuation: First it locks kids in the dungeon of ignorance and dogmatic fundamentalism. Then it throws away the key.

slate.com...

You have lost all credibility, even with your followers.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:56 AM
link   
How it works - and why it doesn't work:

How Quacks Imitate Science | The Cargo Cult Science of Creationism and Alternative Medicine

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 11:57 AM
link   

How it works - and why it doesn't work:

How Quacks Imitate Science | The Cargo Cult Science of Creationism and Alternative Medicine

double post

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 12:45 PM
link   

a reply to:

You are such a liar. You have endorsed every tenet of Creationism for years.

Of course we were created. And of course I am Christian. I said i don't belong to a particular denomination of Christianity.

You have quoted from their websites, endorsed their pseudo science and repeated ad infinitum the mantras that they spew. You even had a crowd funding website to support your "creationist laboratory" which never materialized and was shut down because it was a fraud.
And now you want to deny that you're a Creationist?

You start to get schizophrenic tendencies when you get all worked up. I have no idea what you're talking about.

Notice how you had no comment whatsoever on the science I posted? You're incapable of scientific dialogue. You call me a liar and a fraud because you can't defend your point with actual observable facts.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

You're a phony and a fraud. I have posted dozens of citations over the past few years. You never read them.
You're not a scientist. You're not capable of discussing any aspect of science.
So don't try to catch me in your web of deceit. You're a failure and a fraud.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You're a phony and a fraud.

You've said this enough times. Ever consider that you're misconstrued? You're lying when you call me a liar. Your fraudulence and malice is shown by how mean-spirited you are. This is the main reason you are very far from truth.

I have posted dozens of citations over the past few years.

None of which document a population of organisms evolving into a new organism.

You never read them.

The last bunch of articles you posted trying to find an example of primary structure polymerization was a total failure. You posted countless articles that you thought were showing such a phenomenon, but none of them were. That proves you either didn't read your own articles, you didnt understand them, or both. So yes, I did read them, and I understood them thoroughly. They did not prove the point you were trying to make. If anything it proved to all of us who have eyes to see that primary structure self-polymerization does not happen, which makes abiogenesis absolutely impossible to have happened by random chance.

You're not a scientist.

I'm not an evolutionist, but I take science very seriously and objectively. Your bigotry against Christians makes you presume I am blind in what I say, but it is all based on unbiased empirical observation. It is such a pursuit that led me to realize that Christ is the cornerstone of our universe and is rightly called "Logos". I'll leave this quote again for anyone reading:

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 03:23 PM
link   

No explanation needed Coop I was surprised I even got a response.

I'm not in any cult. I'm not even in a particular denomination of Christianity. I try to be a universal Christian while maintaining what I feel is true.

I know no worries even if you are in a cult her behavior here is inexcusable.
I don't even understand the mods in this forum. Wait are we in the mud pit?
I was mainly avoiding being a hypocrite because in the past I've been pretty
bad (no not that bad) myself. I still unlike you always feel anger first but
I am work'n on it. I figure she has a problem with your knowledge and skill in
this debate. Do you think the atheists use personal messaging a lot like we
don't. But should've possibly considered to avoid the sheer terror of her
reading this? Shouldn't we fear for our lives? I'm just kidding.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 03:40 PM
link   

And yes, I (and others) have a long history with Cooperton.

I see that now Darlin I just hope you see how you hurt my perception of
you. And I've been that way myself in the past I'm not judging you. And I'm
certainly not excusing you either. You have to admit you've been brutal and
Coop has taken it like a man. I'm out of it now. No more from me on this matter.

BTW that was was an excellent recall.

posted on Sep, 11 2020 @ 03:53 PM
link   
in closing...(yes Carsforkids copy and paste to both thread it is still relevant) the argument for Evolution is always more logical. You guys attempt to disprove by implying that that evolution was shooting for a particular goal, and this is no more true than your atoms shooting for the goal of creating you. There is never a goal, there is only what results, and the result is always extremely improbable at some level. We are talking about millions, billions of years to arrive at where we are today...The argument that life and cells are too complex to exist without a designer still begs the question, if it were TRUE that the cell’s “specified complexity” required design, “How did God’s complexity come to exist without a designer?” The mind of the creator would not only need to store information about how to build a cell, but it would also need to be able to retrieve it, organize it in a meaningful way, and execute its creation. And if we’re talking about the God of the Bible, then his mind also contains countless volumes of complex information, down to how many hairs are on each person’s head. Every book on earth could not contain the knowledge in God’s mind. Also his creation of life and the universe would be flawless and perfect especially concerning his favorite project, man. Instead what we find in nature is the opposite which supports lengthy, evolutionary process, for which we do have plenty of evidence.
Also, there are more problems with the idea of an eternal, immaterial, intelligent being that exists without cause, than there are with the idea that matter exists without cause.

new topics

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31 >>

join