It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It just doesn't happen

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

All your arguments come from a point of already assuming evolution is wrong because of God.

Therefore, your effort is to come up with an arguement to disaprove evolution. It's not to find out what the actual truth is.

That's why i doubt anyone who is truely interested in scientific truth will take you seriously.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:33 AM
link   

originally posted by: dragonridr
Well designed?? we are a haphazard mess caused by evolution. Look at your knee huge design flaw we know how it occued through evolution and were stuck with it. What would have been better is a design like our shoulder with ball and socket this would eliminate most knee surgery.

Actually I blame this on Nike. My brother had 3 knee surgeries and each time it was because his foot planted too strongly due to the high traction on his shoe, which caused the momentum in his knee to buckle outwards. Our knees were not designed to have shoes stopping at a dime on hardwood courts, or using cleats on a field. Sorry bud, the knee is actually amazing. As usual, it is humans who are screwing with the source code

Then our brain its a mess we have to deal with depression, madness, unreliable memories, and confirmation bias.

Again this is due to misusing our daily function, which is the very definition of sin. Our anxieties and depression are telling us we need to change our environment and behavior as soon as possible. Take some responsibility and buck up. You are in charge of the greatest organic supercomputer ever known. Self-awareness, love, homeostasis, logic, and the many many other functions of our brain could not have been programmed through random chance... It requires a Designer.

Evolution to keep us alive could not just start over so we actuallly have 3 diffrent brains in our head.

The serpent brain is our autonomic nervous system, because I know certainly I don't want to have to think about digestion in my intestines for them to do their function. It's actually perfect. All the functions that can be taken care of automatically are done so by the autonomic nervous system. Thank you God that I don't have to waste all my present moment consciousness focusing to blink, breathe, and pump my heart!

Oh and lets not forget our spine its basically designed for us to be on all fours

Don't be so hard on yourself man. Stand up and realize the great potential of the body you were given.
edit on 26-8-2020 by cooperton because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:53 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

I'll write to any of them, but first you personally show me even one of those papers that exhibits a population of organisms evolving. Like a fruit fly becoming something other than a fruit fly. Or E. Coli becoming something other than E. Coli. It should be easy if evolution is so evident. But if you can't give even one example of a population of organisms evolving, then you are simply relying on faith that it is possible.

Absolutely not. Papers have been posted for years that you don't bother to read. It's about time YOU do something on your own. There are over 200,000 peer-reviewed research papers in biological evolution, many of which describe laboratory experiments in evolution. You're just scared to death to read any of them.

So start writing those letters. I dare you.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:27 AM
link   
a reply to: UB2120

Buddy i dont need to find God im already christened.

All i need to do is be sorry and apprently im in there like swim wear.

I dont think ile last long all the same, probobly ask the big fellow one to many, or the wrong sort of question, and end up all back of the bus.

Plus he's not going to be to happy with me growing weed in his garden.

Its a big fence mate, same with the universe.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: blueman12

All your arguments come from a point of already assuming evolution is wrong because of God.

Therefore, your effort is to come up with an arguement to disaprove evolution. It's not to find out what the actual truth is.

That's why i doubt anyone who is truely interested in scientific truth will take you seriously.

I came to realize evolution is invalid due to rational discourse, not blind belief. Ask me anything, I've thought about most things regarding the subject. It is not possible for random mutations to have generated the biochemical or biophysical functions present in organisms. I could go into detail if you'd like.

originally posted by: Phantom423

Absolutely not. Papers have been posted for years that you don't bother to read. It's about time YOU do something on your own. There are over 200,000 peer-reviewed research papers in biological evolution, many of which describe laboratory experiments in evolution. You're just scared to death to read any of them.

So start writing those letters. I dare you.

There are none that exhibit an organism changing gradually into another organism, otherwise they would have received a Nobel prize. Evolution is faith, not science

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 08:40 AM
link   

There are none that exhibit an organism changing gradually into another organism, otherwise they would have received a Nobel prize. Evolution is faith, not science

Over 500 journals in biological evolution and 200,000 peer-reviewed research articles say you're wrong. You simply won't accept truth for what it is. You think telling a lie over and over will change minds. It doesn't. If it did, those journals would be out of business and no research articles would be published. However, they are going strong whereas you are dying on the vine.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

I am glad to hear you have found God. I believe we will all be pleasantly surprised on the forgiveness of God. Things that society deems as bad doesn't necessarily mean God will view it that way. As they say, "to err is human" and IMO weed is nothing to worry about.

The keys of the kingdom of heaven are: sincerity, more sincerity, and more sincerity. All men have these keys.

Good fortunes in your journey!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:27 AM
link   
a reply to: blueman12

Okay you're right, now let me tell you all about why you're right.
I'm kidding just let me explain. You know the Quran offers a God
(Allah) who intern offers a creation story that makes an excellent
case for evolution having it's part in creation. Here's the problem
I have with that.

To me the God of the Bible is what a God should be. He merely
speaks and it is so."Let there be light and there was light"[.
In the Quran we have a god who sets about making the universe
and suddenly needs time for mankind to be perfected? Why is
Allah suddenly diminished? You see I would love to settle this
debate in compromise. Teach a creation story along side of
evolution in schools. And challenge students to think and really
discuss both viable topics openly. Instead of telling them what
to think.

But I just don't see it that way because once you allow God on
the scene there is no lesser god than the Christian God who has
provided for our redemption. Plus without Jesus Christ we are
all dead. The Bible provides the scholarly facts of the most
important single event in human history. That moment in time
when Christ took back the keys of death and defeated hell
where mankind could not. I really must avoid preaching tho.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
a reply to: UB2120

I don't know about found mate, a word in the shell might be nice all the same.

Ile entertain the premise of some kind of creator force or shared group consciousness.

Good fortunes to you also, happy travels.
edit on 26-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: Phantom423

There are over 200,000 peer-reviewed research papers in biological evolution, many of which describe laboratory experiments in evolution. You're just scared to death to read any of them.

Definitely got me shaken in my steel toes. You don't seem to
understand the futility of LAB EXPERIMENTS. You can
take all 200.000 of them papers and toss em right in with proof
for intelligent design. Unless it was a monkey performing the
experiment.

Of course I might have to concede that would take a pretty damn
smart monkey. But your lab experiments only prove that it takes
an intelligent designer to pull off an experiment that will allow
a less credible argument than intelligent design. You are the one
who's afraid here because your papers don't provide even a good
argument. Let alone proof. Nobody here has put more hate on
display than you. And hate is a product of fear lil amigo.
edit on 26-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 11:37 AM
link   

Unless you found a email address or a phone number hidden in your DNA that connects to the HR department of heaven, evolution is not a divine miracle or anything supernatural at all. And leaving a calling card like that would definitely suggest intelligent design.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 11:43 AM
link   

That's why you're not a scientist - thank the stars for that!!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 11:51 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

Unless you found a email address or a phone number hidden in your DNA that connects to the HR department of heaven, evolution is not a divine miracle or anything supernatural at all. And leaving a calling card like that would definitely suggest intelligent design.

Why should I entertain the slightest notion that you might be satisfied
at any point Chaz? You've made a skeptic out of me in that regard as
well.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 11:55 AM
link   

True that! I've just never been that gullible.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:29 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: TzarChasm

Why should I entertain the slightest notion that you might be satisfied
at any point Chaz? You've made a skeptic out of me in that regard as
well.

Probably because I've asked these simple questions many times and they are always dismissed. Because what I asked about doesn't exist. There's no HR department, no office address and no one home.
edit on 26-8-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids

True that! I've just never been that gullible.

And the next time you go to the doctor, get an imaging scan, drive your car, fly in an airplane, open your refrigerator door or rely on clean water - you can thank scientists. That's the work we do - discover, research and make things that are useful to mankind.

You, on the other hand, should be living in the stone age without a flushing toilet. Based on your opinion, that's exactly where you belong.

edit on 26-8-2020 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

You, on the other hand, should be living in the stone age without a flushing toilet. Based on your opinion, that's exactly where you belong.

How is it you keep remitting this kind of ignorance?

I don't think I will thank a Doctor for science. Plumbing, airplanes
cars and my toilet are inventions. That science has researched to
make them better. And I already eluded to their evolution. But no
one needs you to defend science by calling attention to the obvious
anyway. What good are planes trains and cars and toilets when
misguided loose cannon quack scientists pave the road to our
extinction. You don't think very well do you?

edit on 26-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:27 PM
link   

There are over 200,000 peer-reviewed research papers in biological evolution, many of which describe laboratory experiments in evolution.

What a waste of tax-payer dollars. None of them show an actual population of organisms gradually evolving into a different organism. It's that simple. Don't overcomplicate it. Evolution has never been witnessed in a lab. It is your faith, don't call it science.

And the next time you go to the doctor, get an imaging scan, drive your car, fly in an airplane, open your refrigerator door or rely on clean water - you can thank scientists. That's the work we do - discover, research and make things that are useful to mankind.

None of which is contingent on evolution. Science has done marvelous things, but no advancement has come from evolutionary theory. God's physical laws that were implemented have been studied and used for our own technological achievement. Again, none of which has been due to evolutionary theory. Even antibiotic resistance is an epigenetic phenomenon (Source), and not a mutative evolutionary mechanism as is popularly thought.

Phantom... chill out girl... Your sass is ruining your respect on these forums and also likely in real life as well. Get off your pedestal, be humble, and cheer up... all us humans are in this together trying to bring peace and prosperity to earth.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Humans haven't been around long enough to observe it first-hand except in insects and microbiology. There's a hundred sources to browse through in a simple Google search. The truth is that some people just refuse to accept what the data shows, you have already stated your conviction that evolution is a philosophy of futility and nihilism and robs life of any value whatsoever. As long as you cling to that idea you will never listen.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 03:02 PM
link   

What a waste of tax-payer dollars. None of them show an actual population of organisms gradually evolving into a different organism. It's that simple. Don't overcomplicate it. Evolution has never been witnessed in a lab. It is your faith, don't call it science.

Yes they do. But you're too lazy to read them. Intelligent design is the right philosophy for you - you can't think for yourself, much less be analytical about data. You stopped thinking a long time ago when you found out it was easier to throw the books away and make it up as you go along.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join