It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It just doesn't happen

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Then show just one where, for example, a fruit fly evolves into something distinctly different from a fruit fly. Or a microbe that evolves into something different than a microbe. Or a rat that evolves into something different from a rat.

I'll save you time - it doesn't happen. Evolution is faith because it is not based in science.

Over 500 journals on biological evolution and 200,000 peer-reviewed research articles say you're wrong. It's up to you to show that it's not science.

Evolution, branching, natural selection happen. It has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 02:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Evolution, branching, natural selection happen. It has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt.

So then it must be easy to find countless examples of organisms viably changing into a distinctly new organism. Go ahead, find just one example of this and you prove the possibility of evolution. Otherwise admit you are relying on faith.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 02:42 PM
link   

It sure is. You better start writing those letters to the 200,000 authors to let them know they're all wrong.

edit on 25-8-2020 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 02:51 PM
link   

I'm amazed how anyone believes it's acceptable to even
criticize anyone's faith in a deity. Including L. Ron Hubbard.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: cooperton

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Can you explain how intelligent design creates life? Is there a engineering process or is it like magic and animals just poofed into existence? It would be really helpful to know the technical details.

It's a mystery how a Primordial Intelligence could create matter, but it is even more of a mystery how it would ever be possible that matter acting randomly could create intelligence. Play the odds man... Atheism and material reductionism is obsolete. Intelligence is a necessity.

Ah, so you have absolutely no idea how intelligent design works? But obviously it's more respectable as a vague theory of space wizardry than evolutionary synthesis.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I think reverse-time morphic fields is a promising line of research. However, how does one even begin to test for something like that? How does one find examples?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 06:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: Blue Shift
I think reverse-time morphic fields is a promising line of research. However, how does one even begin to test for something like that? How does one find examples?

The same way you find reliable examples of hyper intelligent cosmic wizards interfering in the natural course of earthly affairs. Hint: see the title at top of page.
edit on 25-8-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Nature, existence, life, the universe, and everything follow rules like phi, pi, G.

Our logical minds see patterns in everything around us that we interpret as reality.

The recognition of patterns allows us to predict and expect whats is coming and involves the matching information received with the information already stored in our minds.

As to our comprehension, the universe is a big place, to even begin to understand a fraction of the totality which constitutes reality is probably beyond our limited mental nevermind physical capacity as a species.

Everything is connected cooperton, cause and effect being the colour of our day, at least at the macro scale at which we exist, somewhat different down there amongst the quantum foam yet none the less connected.
edit on 25-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Well designed?? we are a haphazard mess caused by evolution. If we were intelligently designed then he or she was smoking crack. we have so many design flaws where even someone with half a brain could have done better. Look at your knee huge design flaw we know how it occued through evolution and were stuck with it. What would have been better is a design like our shoulder with ball and socket this would eliminate most knee surgery.

Then our brain its a mess we have to deal with depression, madness, unreliable memories, and confirmation bias. All because we haveold wiring mixed in with new. Evolution to keep us alive could not just start over so we actuallly have 3 diffrent brains in our head. speaking of that if women didnt have a pelvis our brain size would not be so limited. Oh and lets not forget our spine its basically designed for us to be on all fours and we changed it to a 90 degree angle leading to lower back pain in about 80 percent of adults. then there is all the useess stuff i wont go into right now but to say we were designed then i will say why would they do this to us?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 12:03 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

You weren't even smart enough to list the number one complaint.
Which is WE DIE! lol But it wasn't that way in the beginning.

I thought evolution was responsible for making a species better from one
generation to the next? Not according to you.

You crack me up miho. You are with out any concept of the perfection
mankind was created in both mind and body. Scoffing at the degenerated
human being we are now? When science is giving you man boobs and
filling this beautiful planet with radiation? You seem to lack the slightest
notion of the truth. There's a good chance you have man boobs from eating
all the GMO food products soy meat fillers you can thank science for. What
a Bozo it must take to not understand we were better off with God and his
guidance.

When evolution is just a crock seeing how we've degenerated thru time
Einstein? We're getting worse from generation to generation. Just another
fallacy for evolution. Nothing about your faith is even correct. It's simply
easier and more convenient for you. But as far as your knowledge goes
regarding our perfection? You just failed pre school.

Well designed?? we are a haphazard mess caused by evolution.

Prove it!

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 01:54 AM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

It sounds like there might be come'n around just a little andy.

If thats the case, its not an equal he created but a slave race who's purpose is service, worship, and attendance.

But this is just an opinion based on a NY Times best seller.
Zachariah Sitchin was no profit tho so if you want to piece
together your own God? I can only warn you about it. But no
man can tell another man what to do.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:15 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

The same way you find reliable examples of hyper intelligent cosmic wizards interfering in the natural course of earthly affairs. Hint: see the title at top of page.

What ever a supreme being is he is. And he certainly won't be
persuaded by your opinions. You can only go so far biologically
but when it comes to getting life from none life. Getting DNA
to form without having a programmer Well: See the title at the
top of page.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:21 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

just out of curiosity you seem to believe we were perfect and over time degenerated into our current form sort of a reverse evolution. So where are these perfect beings?? We have human bones from 300000 years ago still just like us. So my next question is what stopped this degeneration you were talking about?

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 02:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dragonridr

just out of curiosity you seem to believe we were perfect and over time degenerated into our current form sort of a reverse evolution.

Mutations can cause cystic fibrosis mutations are degenerative.
And I believe it is only thru many assumptions can one conclude
mutations cause change that evolution prescribes to. How you
can't see this is a real piece of deception I just don't know.
Science will never get life from none life. And you can't get
mathematics and DNA coding from soup. Well maybe chicken
soup.

We have human bones from 300000 years ago still just like us. So my next question is what stopped this degeneration you were talking about?

There was some speculation in the context of your complaints
and refuting our obvious perfection of course. I'm sure you're
aware of how long Adam lived. 930 yrs would suggest the
degeneration and death that began when sin entered the
world. Our decaying DNA and the imperfections you cite are
a direct result of sin. Just as the GMOs in our food is a result of
greed. It is just like God warned us. What did Adam do after
930 yrs? HE DIED!

Pretty clear the Bible tells us it wasn't meant to be that way.
God doesn't make things so they can die and suffer in
sadness. We did that to ourselves. And turn around blame God
after we blamed our own wife. We are such cowards with the
same finger pointing and blame game today. When we're all
guilty of the worst any one man has ever done. You can't look
at this world and understand that we suffer from a lack of
guidance? I have to give you that much credit.

Damn it you got me preach'n now.
edit on 26-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Zecharia Sitchin translations leave a lot to be desired. LoL

Profit and control is exactly what organized religious practice is all about.

You do realize I'm on the fence carsforkids, i don't necessarily discount the premise of a God, but Mans interpretations of such.

We are simply full of mince mate to suit our own purpose and agenda, no two ways about it really.
edit on 26-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:38 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=25384277]carsforkist]

were you aware that the ages listed in the bible are not actual ages? Genisis lists 30 numbers or ages if you will but if you look closely they all end with the digits 0, 2, 5, 7, or 9. Now this may not seem significant but it tells us something these numbers are made up. Out of a set of 30 only half the numbers are used the odds of this occurring are millions to one.

Now you might ask yourself why these 5 numbers ? Well they involve two sacred numbers 60 and 7. you can have 60 years or 60 months in other words 5 years and of course 7 years. The combination of 60 and 7 can give you all the ages from genesis the odds of this again astronomical. Sumerians used a sexagesimal system meaning 60 was its base much like 10 is ours. And of course 7 is all over the bible such as the number of days god took to create the earth. So these numbers were chosen not for the age but the religious significance but as you do this the earlier people will naturally have much longer lifespans. They didnt live any longer than we do what happened is the math used to create their ages the further back you go the greater the error. Basically numerology was always important to religion. If you want further examples of how ages were incorrect look at sumarian kings list because of the sexigesimal system they had kings live just as long as the bible problem is we know thats not true through archeology.

edit on 8/26/20 by dragonridr because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 05:57 AM
link   

I

You do realize I'm on the fence carsforkids, i don't necessarily discount the premise of a God, but Mans interpretations of such.

Truth be told the fence may be where some believers should have stayed.

But hey all good on my end amigo.

We are simply full of mince mate to suit our own purpose and agenda, no two ways about it really.

It's kind of sad because we have the ability to be so much more.

"Capable of such beautiful dreams and such horrible nightmares"

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Ah, so you have absolutely no idea how intelligent design works?

Quantum physics gives us some hints... the wave function collapse is dependent upon observation/measurement, so yeah there is an integral part that consciousness plays in physics. Phi and Pi are both irrational numbers, meaning they have an infinitude of data due to non-repeating decimal sequences. Both Phi and Pi are ubiquitous in nature, indicating the transcendental nature of the Designer who used numbers that we literally cannot fully comprehend. But this will fly right over your head because you refuse to come to logic, and instead insist upon illogical conclusions that our world somehow came into existence without logic. It is the most illogical philosophy you could have chosen.

originally posted by: Phantom423

It sure is. You better start writing those letters to the 200,000 authors to let them know they're all wrong.

I'll write to any of them, but first you personally show me even one of those papers that exhibits a population of organisms evolving. Like a fruit fly becoming something other than a fruit fly. Or E. Coli becoming something other than E. Coli. It should be easy if evolution is so evident. But if you can't give even one example of a population of organisms evolving, then you are simply relying on faith that it is possible.

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

If you are on the fence then you are already on your path to finding God. This journey is a personal one, for each person should discover God for themselves. I was not impressed by the organized religions I had been around. Though they had many good things about them, there were questionable things as well. I then decided to start my own discovery of God.

After a few years I came across The Urantia Book (www.urantia.org...). It was a good fit for me and perhaps it could be for you.

Here is a quote from Part 4 - Paper 155 (Life and Teachings of Jesus)

"I have called upon you to be born again, to be born of the spirit. I have called you out of the darkness of authority and the lethargy of tradition into the transcendent light of the realization of the possibility of making for yourselves the greatest discovery possible for the human soul to make—the supernal experience of finding God for yourself, in yourself, and of yourself, and of doing all this as a fact in your own personal experience. And so may you pass from death to life, from the authority of tradition to the experience of knowing God; thus will you pass from darkness to light, from a racial faith inherited to a personal faith achieved by actual experience; and thereby will you progress from a theology of mind handed down by your ancestors to a true religion of spirit which shall be built up in your souls as an eternal endowment."

edit on 26-8-2020 by UB2120 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Why would anyone listen to someone who disagrees with evolution because they are Christian?

There is no scientific discussion to be had. Or even just an interesting conversation.

Only interesting conversation would be if someone disagrees with evolution and they are NOT religious.
edit on 26-8-2020 by blueman12 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join