It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It just doesn't happen

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:24 AM
link   
a reply to: cooperton

Are you actually interested in Theological discussion? Because there are rational answers to everything you just said.

Well said and absolutely true young man.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:38 AM
link   
There are 2 facts to this argument.

1. The existence of God can never be physically proven.
2. The existence of God can never be physically disproved.

Both stances require an amount of faith.

In my opinion, it takes more faith to believe the entire Universe and everything in it happened by accident. There seems to be design in everything from the micro to the macro which shows the presence of mind (planning, creating, organizing).

To me this will be even more evident when official first contact with another intelligent species happens.

Just like the physical realms evolve, so does the individuals concept of Deity. Most people I have come across who doubt the existence of God view him as a Zeus type. Old guy, white beard on a throne (anthropomorphic) . Someone who seems to delight in punishing us for our mistakes. That is a primitive concept, but further along than a vague fear of the unknown that all ancient peoples progressed through.

When it is said we are "made in his image" that is meant to mean our spirit, not our physical bodies. We are a spirit that has a body, not a body that has a spirit.

This should not be an argument in my opinion. Science, Philosophy and Religion should co-exist and support each other for they each work in their own sphere but there is overlapping.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   

originally posted by: carsforkids
a reply to: Phantom423

Remember what Einstein said: "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity". And you, most definitely, are insane.

So does misattributing a quote repeatedly "expecting different results" count? lmao
Einstein? lol

It's EINSTEIN, idiot.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Remember what Einstein said: "Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is the definition of insanity". And you, most definitely, are insane.

So does misattributing a quote repeatedly "expecting different results" count? lmao
Einstein? lol

It's EINSTEIN, idiot.

It actually isn't. The quote isn't him, I mean. Cooperton is correct.
edit on 25-8-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   
a reply to: TzarChasm

And you said evolution is the most ridiculous thing you ever heard. None of what you described has any basis in fact.

Who gives a crap! Anybody with reading comprehension can tell what
that post was about. And they can also see how low you'll go to make
mockery and ridicule. What an a--hole! lol

edit on 25-8-2020 by carsforkids because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:52 AM
link   

It's EINSTEIN, idiot.

UMMM Nope!

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:58 AM
link   

And you said evolution is the most ridiculous thing you ever heard. None of what you described has any basis in fact.

Who gives a crap! Anybody with reading comprehension can tell what
that post was about. And they can also see how low you'll go to make
mockery and ridicule. What an a--hole! lol

Looks to me like you are conceding, since you are again resorting to derogatory language instead of demonstrating how wrong I am. And again revealing how little spirituality you possess which is just another example of why we don't buy into your fables.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 10:59 AM
link   

This is what I found:

Albert Einstein : “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”Oct 8, 2013

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:00 AM
link   
a reply to: carsforkids

Then who is it?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

This is what I found:

Albert Einstein : “Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results.”Oct 8, 2013

Narcotics Anonymous in November of 1981. Possibly attributed to a women's recovery group. How appropriate.
edit on 25-8-2020 by TzarChasm because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Narcotics Anonymous in November of 1981. Possibly attributed to a women's recovery group.

Must be where you heard it! lol

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Ha! I guess the quote was a misquote! Wonder why it was attributed to Einstein? Anyway, whoever said it was spot on.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Then who is it?

Wait I'm the idiot remember? lol

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Ha! I guess the quote was a misquote! Wonder why it was attributed to Einstein? Anyway, whoever said it was spot on.

Keeping in mind they were specifically talking about substance use and self destructive behaviors.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:38 AM
link   

I know I am coming into this conversation late, so I apologize for retreading anything previously discussed.

My doctor and I had a great conversation about the human body. She posed a philosophical view that blew my mind:

"If you think of the digestive tract, from the mouth to (respectfully) the exit, as a continuous hollow tube of varying diameters, then technically digestion occurs outside the human body via symbiotic relationships with parasitic organisms."

Picture a piece of pipe about two feet long with both ends open. One is the mouth, the other, you know. Technically you could pass through from end to end without ever touching it. That pipe, so to speak, is contained within the confines of our body, but could still be considered outside the body. Which means all the things on the outside of our body that perform digestion and absorption of nutrients, expulsion of toxins, have all adapted outside the body symbiotically to provide nutrition and cleansing to the body as long as the body provides food and water in exchange.

You can view this as multiple organisms incapable of surviving on their own joining together to create a viable community. The mystery then becomes how do these organisms find each other and create life. We know the 'blueprint' is passed down from generation to generation. But how did it happen the first time? The answer, philosophically speaking, is evolution.

It probably started as two simple organisms that discovered they could offer something to each other by each performing the task they were best suited for, which made them stronger together than apart. Add one more, and one more, etc.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:52 AM
link   

False. There are literally thousands of articles demonstrating evolution. You just don't bother to read them.

Then show just one where, for example, a fruit fly evolves into something distinctly different from a fruit fly. Or a microbe that evolves into something different than a microbe. Or a rat that evolves into something different from a rat.

I'll save you time - it doesn't happen. Evolution is faith because it is not based in science.

originally posted by: andy06shake

I don't think nature and our interpretation of what constitutes logic are necessarily synonymous, put it that way.

Nature exists according to logical patterns.

Our logical minds can begin to comprehend and record these logical patterns.

It is connected. Do you agree or disagree?

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Did you miss my question on the previous page? Or did you ignore it

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm

Can you explain how intelligent design creates life? Is there a engineering process or is it like magic and animals just poofed into existence? It would be really helpful to know the technical details.

It's a mystery how a Primordial Intelligence could create matter, but it is even more of a mystery how it would ever be possible that matter acting randomly could create intelligence. Play the odds man... Atheism and material reductionism is obsolete. Intelligence is a necessity.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:09 PM
link   
a reply to: UB2120

In my opinion, it takes more faith to believe the entire Universe and everything in it happened by accident. There seems to be design in everything from the micro to the macro which shows the presence of mind (planning, creating, organizing).

This is the rationale of an unbiased uninfluenced non corrupt free
thinking mind. Unabated by unprovoked mindless hate that has no
business in anyone's life. Let alone in what could be the most important
topic that can be discussed.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: TzarChasm
a reply to: Riffrafter

The question was never about how did life happen or where did the universe come from, it's always been how do we face our profound and crippling fear of mortality. That's why God. And every practice involving that elusive creature has only ever been a bid for control over that inevitable fact of reality.

Amen, brother.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join