It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chance for the left to lead

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:22 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

I'm glad he has been a comfort and help for you. Really, I am.

Thank you for your well written response.

I don't share in your sentiments but I understand better now why you like the guy.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:36 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Thank you.

What really gets me is not someone like you who just doesn't like him... that's just the way things are. Not everyone is going to agree, especially in politics. What really gets to me is the constant lying, and I do mean outright bald-faced lying, about Trump... like the poster I just replied to claiming things that I know for a fact are completely false. That is the biggest danger to our country.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:49 AM
link   

What pisses me off is the lying you describe.

I do see Trump lie a lot. But so does every other politician.

I don't want to vote for Trump. Or Biden. Is honesty too much to ask for? Seems so.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 08:47 AM
link   

That goes back to the definition of a lie.

I see Trump stretch the truth. He uses a lot of hyperbole, and admittedly he gets some things wrong when he speaks. Technically, those are lies. But when it comes to doing what he says he will do, he's usually right on the money. He claimed he would build a southern border wall... it is now under construction. He said that he would make Mexico pay for it. Well, they're not paying directly as in writing a check, but really, who expected that? I read between the lines the first time he stated that, that Mexican interests would be so adversely affected by the wall that in the long term the wall would cost Mexico, not us.

I bought a saw blade sharpener a while back... $60. By doing so, I will save $10-$20 every time I need a new saw blade. After a few blades have been re-sharpened, the sharpener will "pay for itself." It's not going to write me a check; it's an inanimate object. But it will benefit me more than it will cost me. Same principle. So I never considered that an actual "lie," rather a figure of speech.

Compare that to Ththema: They made a direct statement that Donald Trump had cut Social Security and Disability in January of this past year. There is nothing hyperbolic or insinuatory about that... it can only be taken one way. That statement is directly and demonstrably false. Worse, it has a malevolent intent... Trump did not disparage anyone when he claimed that Mexico would pay for the wall... those words did not disparage Mexico. Ththema's lie was intended to do one thing: make Trump look bad using a falsehood.

I guess what I am saying is, there are lies and there are malicious, harmful lies. I'll take Trump's lies over the malicious, harmful ones any day.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:05 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

I don't want to vote for Trump. Or Biden. Is honesty too much to ask for? Seems so.

what's stopping you for running for office? Start small, and work up. Bring honesty to Washington. Complaining on an anonymous forum doesn't seem to be getting it done.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 01:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: TheRedneck
a reply to: Ththema

Trump slashed social security and disability benefits in January of this year.

That is an absolute lie. My checks have not dropped any. As a matter of fact, I received a COLA increase this past January.

Go peddle those lies to someone who might believe it.

TheRedneck

The budget doesn't go into effect until fiscal 2021, captain.

You do understand that budgets are planned out in advance? This has been
PUBLIC KNOWLEDGE since before Coronavirus.

Your man slashed disability to the tune of 40 billion. Your checks won't drop for a few months.

You're absolutely, glaringly showing your own state of denial. It's sad, frankly.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

what's stopping you for running for office? Start small, and work up. Bring honesty to Washington. Complaining on an anonymous forum doesn't seem to be getting it done.

I'm not photogenic...for one. I can't do public speaking...

So here I am complaining

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:14 PM
link   

It's a problem for me. To just accept lies. Because they are "Better lies"...

I don't believe the Trump the antichrist or antyhing, but he lies...a lot. So do the rest.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:50 PM
link   
a reply to: Ththema

First it was

originally posted by: Ththema
Trump slashed social security and disability benefits in January of this year.

Now it's

The budget doesn't go into effect until fiscal 2021, captain.

How about you get your story straight, haus. This is the year 2020, not 2021. I've been hearing different versions of that story on and off for three years, and it has never come true.

While we're here, the only reason employment and GDP is down is that the states shut down the economy. Your man Biden (you know, the dude with dementia who likes to sniff little girls) is afraid to come out of his Mommy's basement... you think he's going to stop the shutdowns?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:02 PM
link   

They're not "better lies."

Look at it like this. If you're talking to someone and they say something like "it rained so hard yesterday I thought my house was going to float away," is that a lie? Well, technically, yes, it is. But you didn't actually think their house lifted off its foundation and was literally about to turn into a houseboat, did you?

No, it was hyperbole.

"I laughed so hard I thought I was going to die." Hyperbole.

"Best day ever." Hyperbole.

We all do it. Every day. Time after time after time. It's part of the common language people use. Trump speaks in the common language, not the language of politics. I find that refreshing. Pundits find it a reason to claim he lies. OK, technically that's true, but it's no more than you or I do when talking to regular people.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 10:50 PM
link   

Look at it like this. If you're talking to someone and they say something like "it rained so hard yesterday I thought my house was going to float away," is that a lie? Well, technically, yes, it is. But you didn't actually think their house lifted off its foundation and was literally about to turn into a houseboat, did you?

No, it was hyperbole.

We all do it. Every day. Time after time after time. It's part of the common language people use. Trump speaks in the common language, not the language of politics. I find that refreshing. Pundits find it a reason to claim he lies. OK, technically that's true, but it's no more than you or I do when talking to regular people.

TheRedneck

Agreed. You make a well thought out argument.

Tump's lies, however, do not compare. His are just...self-serving and mostly ridiculous.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Tump's lies, however, do not compare. His are just...self-serving and mostly ridiculous.

Really? Can you give me some examples?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I worked a contract in Birmingham in 89. when we get rid of this bug, part of my job involves travel, so who knows.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

With Joe Biden saying yesterday that he would raise the corporate tax rates dramatically, he is showing his ignorance. Most Americans are employed by corporations.

Corporations who will pass those increased taxes along to Employees in the form of fewer benefits and lower pay raises.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 08:38 AM
link   

No, it was hyperbole.

TheRedneck

Agreed. You make a well thought out argument.

Trump cracked the code. Any publicity is good publicity. Media will NEVER ignore Trump saying something dumb. They can't. So anytime Trump want some media attention, Poof, he's got it. It's how he won the election. The media, the same one's who hate him, were so greedy for ratings, they helped elect him. And they aren't smart enough to understand that, so they keep doing it. there is a reason nobody knows what Biden's plan is. The Media is only playing Trump movies.

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join