It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chance for the left to lead

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Yeah he implemented a travel ban on China on Jan. 31.

Which Dr. Anthony Fauci has stated before Congress saved lives.

As for people just jumping on a plane and coming here, no they couldn't. Diplomats were exempt (diplomats are always exempt unless one wishes to escalate a war), and American citizens were exempt but were actually quarantined upon arrival.

Someone from Europe could fly back to Europe from China since Europe didn't ban air travel at that time. They could then fly to the US because the outbreak in Europe hadn't started yet. No one cared here because we were all worrying about an impeachment with no crime behind it. Can anyone say "misdirection"?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:47 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Have you seen Silly lately?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: CthruU

thought there were carriers who didn't have symptoms. Is that not a thing?

Show me one or are we relying on media info again.

I'm afraid I have to go with media info on this one. I don't know anyone who has it, had it, or died from it. Other than myself and family back in March, but we weren't tested, so I'm guessing. If that type of thing is a myth, we can beat this in about an hour.

I installed a thermal camera at a grocery distribution center the other day. It's job is to be calibrate to alarm at anything over 99 degrees. So with technology like that, we can identify a sick person and isolate them quickly. Within a few days, all the sick folks will have been identified, isolated or shot, and we can all move on with life.
edit on 20-8-2020 by network dude because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I guess this would be a good place to put this. I did a little playing with some numbers the other night. The following graph shows the number of deaths attributed to the Chinese corona virus as reported by the CDC by state. NYC is shown separately because the CDC showed it separately. The states are arranged in order of increasing average population density.

As I expected, the line shows an overall upward trend based on density. This is indicative of the population density being a major player in viral spread. Now, there are two states that stand out to me: South Dakota has not closed down their economy since this all started. Michigan closed down everything they could possibly close down, even driving to a vacation house to isolate and declaring a moratorium on things like seeds and garden tools.

South Dakota shows less deaths per 100,000 than Michigan.

Alabama has had a shutdown, but a modest one compared to other states (still bad enough to make us get rid of Her Majesty Queen Ivey the B***h at the first opportunity). We are just below average on deaths per capita. I can find no correlation between lockdown intensity and deaths per capita. None. I do find some overall correlation between population density and deaths per capita.

Conclusion: the shutdowns did no good whatsoever. Social distancing may have.

My information on masks comes direct from the mouth of my General Practitioner (who also happens to have a degree in Physics as well as his medical degree): "Masks are useless in public. It's just politics."

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:03 AM
link   

I don't think you understand what this thread is about. I have already acknowledged that those who hate Trump think he failed. I need to know what you would do moving forward. You know, to fix it all. If you can identify his mistakes so easily, you should be able to explain the path we should be moving on. I hope there are some plans that will eradicate this, or at least allow us to function as a nation.

Honestly? We've already seen how the left "leads". Just look at New York, California, New Jersey.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:07 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

We had a group come back from China just before the travel ban. The Company made them self-quarantine for 14 days.
We've had exactly 3 cases at work, with everybody recovering just fine. So where did I get it from?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:16 AM
link   

Nicely put.
I'll throw another one in here. A water treatment plant had a large power supply for the motors that drives it's pumps fail. They had one left working and it was showing signs of impending failure. It's failure would leave 800,000 people without water. Do we send a team to fix the failed unit? Where do we get parts? What if they are not the original parts? Do we have a machine shop make adapters so that we can adapt replacement parts? Who designs the adapters?

It happened. We sent a team. We found parts. The machine shop put on people to make the adapters. Somebody designed the adapters (Me). We fixed the failed unit and when it was up, we fixed the other one for a backup.

Anybody want to know the party affiliation of the municipal government who deferred funding to maintain and upgrade the supplies? Anybody want to know who sent emergency funding for us to fix the supplies?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:21 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Self quarantine is not quarantine. Self quarantine is a half-assed measure to try and make people think they are "safe." You know, like wearing masks.

Quarantine is used in deadly diseases to contain known outbreaks. Those afflicted are placed in isolation areas and given absolutely no contact with the outside world. Anyone entering a quarantine area without full protective gear (a'la Hazmat gear) is also placed in quarantine. Any gear that is used during contact is typically incinerated. Ideally, the quarantine area is set up with negative pressure to prevent airborne transmission, but this is not always the case as it is not always possible. If a person in quarantine becomes ill, they will be allowed to die before others break quarantine to help them.

Self quarantine is where someone just goes home and isn't supposed to go out in public. Under self-quarantine there is no monitoring of activities, no enforced restriction of contact, and no requirements for excessive isolation procedures when one comes into contact with others. It probably does a little good IMO, certainly better than nothing, but it is far from an actual quarantine.

You could have picked it up from anyone... you could have walked through the airspace where someone had coughed 5 minutes earlier and picked it up without ever seeing who you picked it up from. Everyone reading this will get the virus at some point... everyone. Hopefully, those most susceptible will get it only after a vaccine or at least an efficacious treatment is found.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:23 AM
link   
a reply to: JIMC5499

Anybody want to know the party affiliation of the municipal government who deferred funding to maintain and upgrade the supplies? Anybody want to know who sent emergency funding for us to fix the supplies?

I do. It is the Mud Pit after all.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:30 AM
link   

You can't guess?

Democrat. They wouldn't have had enough money to pay for their Illegal's College Tuition if they hadn't. That's as specific as I'm going to get.

The emergency funding came from a Republican Congresscritter appealing directly to FEMA who had to get guess who to sign off on it. He did and funding was secured in a matter of hours.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:36 AM
link   
As soon as Biden gets elected, he will outlaw covid19 fearmongering and the threat will disappear. The exploitation of this virus to blame trump is the main cause it is so bad. Biden will take care of covering it up. They will fabricate evidence that treatments they are authorizing will kill the virus or protect us from it. The vaccine isn't going to help much unless they start blaming the deaths on the actual cause, like pneumonia or old age.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Jobs? Who needs to work when BLM?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:47 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

I've been told here repeatedly, I'm "woke".

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:49 AM
link   

A travel ban was a good idea. Stupidly implemented. Just ban from China? Stupid. It helps but, it's not the winner.

It's why we have the most cases, the most deaths, in the world.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:51 AM
link   

I don't think you understand what this thread is about. I have already acknowledged that those who hate Trump think he failed. I need to know what you would do moving forward. You know, to fix it all. If you can identify his mistakes so easily, you should be able to explain the path we should be moving on. I hope there are some plans that will eradicate this, or at least allow us to function as a nation.

Fair.

Sorry. I'd shut down everything for two months. No travel in or out or between states.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:04 AM
link   

And was called a racist and xenophobe for it. Fast forward to the DNC convention and they all say they would have shut the country down sooner and Trump failed us. I really can't wrap my head around the mental state of democrats. I've never seen anything like it.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:06 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

They're playing to their short attention span audience.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge

Trump was briefed on coronavirus in January. And the virus didn't get here from China. It got here from Europe.

The virus has been here since at least November of 2019. Lots of people were out sick with cold and flu symptoms that couldn't be diagnosed by doctors. That means that every time you were at the grocery store, Thanksgiving dinner, shopping on African American (saying black is racist, right?) Friday, Christmas shopping, Christmas parties, Christmas day, New Year's Eve, and New Year's Day all of those people out there were exposed.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:21 AM
link   

originally posted by: xuenchen

originally posted by: CthruU

Ok, I agree with Augustus on this. Lets go Libertarian.

Do what you want because no one has a clue how to deal with this virus.

Simple remedies for simple minds.

Our government has failed us with Covid.

The only option, simple as it is, is to do what thou wilt. We can't rely on gov't, only ourselves.

What is/was the total 100% solution that should/should've be/been done by now ?

👀🎃

Only one solution can save us now... Shut the country down by way of state government, crash the economy, blame Trump, elect democrats to save the poor and rich while the working class falls into ruins. That's the only hope we have.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 11:27 AM
link   
a reply to: LSU2018

I hope that was your sarcasm meter pegging that I just heard.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join