It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chance for the left to lead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gnawledge
a reply to: DBCowboy

I would hope not. But the Federal gov't just passing the buck to states is confusing and, obviously, useless.

We are not doing so good with Covid, if you've noticed?

Nice pic.

It's my driver's license photo, thanks.

So you DO want Trump to be a dictator.

Okay.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   
a reply to: CthruU

The way forward is to shut everything absolutely everything for 3 mths except supermarkets for a once a month stock up - bills, debts, rent, mortgages everything financial is also frozen for the time frame so people don't go broke or businesses don't go broke as there is no moneys going out.
And when i say frozen that means from all ends so we cannot billed by utilities etc either as their also frozen

OK, let's say we go that route... what happens when a power line breaks? So now a few hundred or thousand people have no heat/cooling, no way to cook food... just screw them? It sucks to be them? What about the dead bodies? Just let them lie? Pick them up after 3 months? Or maybe extend that moratorium to rotting?

What happens to the water? Who is going to run the water treatment plants? Or for that, who is going to be running the power plants?

OK, so we all hunker down in our homes, waiting for that one monthly stock-up day... the one day a month when everyone gets to go get supplies. We have taken 30 days of store congestion and compressed it into one. Talk about spreading the virus around! Packed into a store like sardines, trying desperately to get food so one can eat next month... yeah, that's going to be a real good way to keep the virus from spreading. Not to mention, better get there in the first hour... those shelves will be bare after that! Nothing left to buy for supplies. Of course, that means you'll have to leave out early, as in 12:01 AM to beat the massive traffic that will be created by making everyone drive to the store on the same day. Eh, come to think of it, might be better to just stay at home and starve... at least that way you can die of starvation instead of a car crash. The only people who will get supplies will be those who live close to stores.

Where's all these supplies coming from? Last I heard, they came from factories that made them. The factories are all closed under your plan. Oh, we'll be running out of supplies real quick. And don't forget food. Farmers won't be able to get out and work their crops. Tractors will sit there idle because there's no parts to fix them with. Farms also depend on crews, who are all at home staying safe. Oh, they can catch up after three months, you say? Sorry, nature doesn't work that way... there's maybe a couple weeks window usually for planting, another similar window for harvesting, etc. Miss it and you miss a crop.

I think you actually came up with a novel approach to the problem of how to kill off most of the population.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:10 AM
link   

I want him to lead. It is in his job description. The guy has done nothing but pass blame.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:13 AM
link   
a reply to: Gnawledge

Trump banned air travel from China within days of getting information that this could become a pandemic from WHO.

Trump implemented a task force specifically to deal with an unknown virus about the same time.

That looks like proactive leadership to me. What would you have done differently?

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:16 AM
link   
a reply to: TheRedneck

Trump was briefed on coronavirus in January. And the virus didn't get here from China. It got here from Europe.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Trump implemented the travel ban in January. Trump assembled the task force in January.

Would you have preferred we give it a direct path? It got to Europe from China. Maybe Europe should have banned air travel from China.

TheRedneck

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:19 AM
link   

Trump was briefed on coronavirus in January. And the virus didn't get here from China. It got here from Europe.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Yeah he implemented a travel ban on China on Jan. 31. People can just fly out of China and come here.

Not too smart.

link   

Who is that? lol

link   

Proof or go poof ❌🦃❌

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:22 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Just google it you lazy troll.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:23 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

a reply to: network dude

Ok, I agree with Augustus on this. Lets go Libertarian.

Do what you want because no one has a clue how to deal with this virus.

Simple remedies for simple minds.

Our government has failed us with Covid.

The only option, simple as it is, is to do what thou wilt. We can't rely on gov't, only ourselves.

What is/was the total 100% solution that should/should've be/been done by now ?

👀🎃

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:24 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I don't know. I'm not a doctor or in a position of power. I expect such to make those decisions.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:26 AM
link   

And she's be just as ignorant. COVID is not going to go away. Shutting down for three months isn't going to do squat. It will still be there when we come out. I agreed with the original shutdown to give medical services a chance to ramp up. That made sense. Then it became a political football. Dumbass Governors getting "He Man syndrome". You know "I have the power!" Treating every positive test as a case. Masks are useless. All they due is to spread out the duration of this. Don't give me the "I want to kill Grandma and Grandpa" crap, our State Governments are doing a good job of that as we speak.

There are studies out right now that show that it was on the decline before the shutdown. There's some evidence that it was here last Fall.

Open every thing up, if your ill, stay home or seek medical attention and this thing will burn out in two or three months.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:31 AM
link   

originally posted by: CthruU

a reply to: network dude

Ok, I agree with Augustus on this. Lets go Libertarian.

Do what you want because no one has a clue how to deal with this virus.

Simple remedies for simple minds.

Our government has failed us with Covid.

The only option, simple as it is, is to do what thou wilt. We can't rely on gov't, only ourselves.

Yes they have as has every other countries.

Then die eventually, and we never have been able to ever nor ourselves.

Wake up.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: JIMC5499

And she's be just as ignorant. COVID is not going to go away. Shutting down for three months isn't going to do squat. It will still be there when we come out. I agreed with the original shutdown to give medical services a chance to ramp up. That made sense. Then it became a political football. Dumbass Governors getting "He Man syndrome". You know "I have the power!" Treating every positive test as a case. Masks are useless. All they due is to spread out the duration of this. Don't give me the "I want to kill Grandma and Grandpa" crap, our State Governments are doing a good job of that as we speak.

There are studies out right now that show that it was on the decline before the shutdown. There's some evidence that it was here last Fall.

Open every thing up, if your ill, stay home or seek medical attention and this thing will burn out in two or three months.

Rubbish.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

thought there were carriers who didn't have symptoms. Is that not a thing?

Show me one or are we relying on media info again.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:38 AM
link   

I've tested positive for antibodies. The last time I was sick was the last week in January. The Doctor couldn't believe it so I was tested again with the same result. When I was sick it was head and chest congestion. I called my Doctor and was told to treat the symptoms. If I got a fever to call him or go to the Emergency Room if necessary. The head part cleared up in about three days, the chest took about three weeks. The original blood sample was drawn the first week of March.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: FauxMulder
There is someone else besides Michael Keaton?

We're no longer friends.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:43 AM
link   

I don't think you understand what this thread is about. I have already acknowledged that those who hate Trump think he failed. I need to know what you would do moving forward. You know, to fix it all. If you can identify his mistakes so easily, you should be able to explain the path we should be moving on. I hope there are some plans that will eradicate this, or at least allow us to function as a nation.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join