It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A chance for the left to lead

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:46 AM
link   
With regard to the Corona Virus, we have heard all about the failures of the current administration. So in light of that, I'd like to hear how we move forward. What steps need to take place. Do we open schools, do we open work back up? Do we change how we currently operate? (if we don't, then it's super hard to discern what the current admin did wrong)

I ask all this, as it's always easy to Monday morning quarterback a situation, but very difficult to get it right, when you know nothing of past experience, never having been in this situation. But as it seems, when there is plenty of criticism, there MUST be plenty of answers.

There are plenty of "Orange Man Bad" threads out there, and I get that if you don't like Trump, you hate Trump, so we can leave all that out of this, and just focus on what you would do going forward to do a better job, and get the nation through this crisis.

So here is your chance. The smart ones. Please, lay out the path going forward. lead by example, and show us the way.

+24 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:50 AM
link   
a reply to: network dude

Is this thread only for lefty strategies?

My Libertarian take is to be more like Sweden. If you want to open, then open. No one forces you to go to a businesses. If you are high risk stay home.

Start using the thing evolution gave you, your immune system.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   
Lead from behind.

Sounds gay

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:54 AM
link   

As an expert on lefties let me explain. First, there is no need to go back to work. A UBI will be implemented paid for by a 95% tax rate for all those rich people making 75K or more. The top 10% of earners will have ALL their money and assets confiscated for the betterment of the common people. Half of those proceeds will go toward reparations and provide healthcare, housing, and food to all minorities. Sorry whities your privilege ends now. There is no need for school. Government approved programming will be beamed through government provided internet, to your government provided smart device. Children will learn how to better serve the government.

Covid 19 will become a non-issue as the human race will miraculously now only be effected by it to the effect of the common cold. This is all thanks to the election of Kamala Harris and the global happiness that it caused, the positive energy from the election result alone will solve world hunger and aids. Also global peace will ensue.
edit on 20-8-2020 by FauxMulder because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:02 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

I'd say anyone who has a good idea should speak out. And I like your philosophy on this. It would be great if we treated this like every other sickness that has occurred in our lifetimes, but apparently we aren't responsible enough for all that. Plus, someone might die.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Only way forward is another 4 years of trump at the helm and see what happens. Trump was the best the ‘right’ could do and as a man he embodies all of his supporters.

I’m supporting trump and his leadership because season 2 is getting a new director and special effects team.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
It would be great if we treated this like every other sickness that has occurred in our lifetimes, but apparently we aren't responsible enough for all that. Plus, someone might die.

This is what happens when literal mass hysteria takes place.

I am frightened to think what would happen in a much more serious scenario.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:06 AM
link   
a reply to: FauxMulder

See, this is my plan. I don't know for fact, but it's my sneaking suspicion that Augustus is a high earning person, and may be above the threshold for being able to keep his wealth. If that is indeed true, there is a chance his assets will be confiscated, and re-distributed among the poor people. Being a "poor people", I feel like I should be able to acquire some of his things, and his BEER is at the top of my list. So now my agenda is clear. I'm in it for augies beer.

(and yes, I know If I'd have just asked for one, he'd have given it to me, I'd prefer to go this route)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

It would be great if we treated this like every other sickness that has occurred in our lifetimes, but apparently we aren't responsible enough for all that. Plus, someone might die.

This is what happens when literal mass hysteria takes place.

I am frightened to think what would happen in a much more serious scenario.

Well, I had an epiphany the other day. We let this all happen. "we", the collective "us", have remained silent and continue to do so as our cities devolve into chaos. Why are "we" such pussies?

link   
Where the left has lead, more people are dead. See New York.

Put the sick old people with the well old people, what could go wrong?

No one has any real answers yet.

link   

I F****** KNEW IT!

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

We just wait until after the election.

That's when the virus turns into a pumpkin and disappears.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Is this thread only for lefty strategies?

My Libertarian take is to be more like Sweden. If you want to open, then open. No one forces you to go to a businesses. If you are high risk stay home.

Start using the thing evolution gave you, your immune system.

Sounds like common sense to me. We should have done that from the start. People who come down with the flu stay home until they're well, they avoid people. If you're susceptible to catching the flu easily and don't have a flu shot, you avoid big places or go get treated at the first sign. These are all common sense moves.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:11 AM
link   

Well, I had an epiphany the other day. We let this all happen. "we", the collective "us", have remained silent and continue to do so as our cities devolve into chaos. Why are "we" such pussies?

I think the why is too many people forgot how to stand up for themselves. I'm pretty good at saying 'no' when I want to, all of my friends know me, my subversive humor and that I really don't care what someone thinks of me. Stand up to the Karens because when you don't you just embolden them to be even more Karen-like.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:12 AM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018
Sounds like common sense to me. We should have done that from the start. People who come down with the flu stay home until they're well, they avoid people. If you're susceptible to catching the flu easily and don't have a flu shot, you avoid big places or go get treated at the first sign. These are all common sense moves.

Every once in awhile I have a good idea, don't get used to it.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:15 AM
link   
Why are we Pussies?
Because Soma and call of duty are friggin awesome. If we stop and pay attention we lose valuable Soma and call of duty time. If we complain, they might outright take it away.
As for why I’m a pussy? Well you are what you eat.
edit on 20-8-2020 by Guiltyguitarist because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:17 AM
link   

If Biden wins, Covid will be officially over and the economy will blossom especially in blue states..

If Trump wins, Covid will continue to kill and ruin the economy especially in blue states.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:18 AM
link   

I'm in it for augies beer.

You're in luck. "The Green New Deal" Page 189,666 apendix H paragraph III. This will lead you back to page 57. Paragraph IX which states in part:

A well brewed beer being necessary for the happiness of an enslaved state, the right of Network Dude to confiscate Augustus' beer shall not be infringed

Source

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:20 AM
link   

A well regulated Militia being necessary to protect the Beer, the right of the Inebriated to keep and bear arms shall not infringed.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:22 AM
link   

I think the why is too many people forgot how to stand up for themselves. I'm pretty good at saying 'no' when I want to, all of my friends know me, my subversive humor and that I really don't care what someone thinks of me. Stand up to the Karens because when you don't you just embolden them to be even more Karen-like.

I'm an avoid conflict kind of guy whenever possible, but that hasn't always worked. I think in this instance, your approach may be better suited. Not necessarily guns blazing, but loaded and on safe, close at hand might be prudent.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join