It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Safari is removing certain words from titles on webpages! Confirmed

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 03:53 AM
link   
I was working on a webpage this morning to promote a video called “plandemic”. Now the problem is this; I gave the page the following title: “PLANDEMIC - WATCH BEFORE IT’S DELETED“, however, when I visit the page with safari on my ipad, the title Is changed into:”WATCH BEFORE IT’S DELETED”. But when I visit the same page with google chrome, the title is displayed correct.

To make sure I changed the word by spreading and also adding other characters in front of it, which seemed to do the trick, but I want my title MY WAY!?

Update:
Someone was able to confirm my suspicion. This is some nasty stuff!

edit on 20-8-2020 by 2Faced because: U still need to ask? Geez

edit on 20-8-2020 by 2Faced because: I diiid, I did see a puddy-cat!

+9 more 
posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:16 AM
link   
Easy solution is to ban Apple before Apple bans you.
They're an evil company and they make terrible products.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:27 AM
link   
That doesn’t solve the problem.
Not unless everyone does that. And there lies the problem, as well as the danger....

a reply to: a325nt

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:35 AM
link   
The CCP have a tight grip on the Apple operating systems with production moving there a few years ago. Cannot say I am surprised with how the CCP treats its own people on censorship.

It is unfortunate to see these attacks on free speech take place on other large platforms like You Tube, Twitter and Google. It is intentionally trying to dumb down the population, like the childhood vaccination program. Keep the people stupid and they are easier to control.

It is good to see a rise of many other platforms and services to pick up the slack of this globalist fake news attack to question, challenge, expose and confront our reality.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: 2Faced
Not unless everyone does that. And there lies the problem, as well as the danger....

Sadly, you're correct.
Can't fix bad products when dumb consumers are in charge.

I'd like to independently verify your claim, but there's no way I'll install that god awful browser on anything I own.

Are you sure there's no option in the browser settings for "safe" mode or anything like that? I know Google searches censor all kinds of things until you disable "safe browsing" - but these days they censor a lot anyway.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:37 AM
link   
Try without the hyphen.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:42 AM
link   

originally posted by: a325nt

originally posted by: 2Faced

Sadly, you're correct.
Can't fix bad products when dumb consumers are in charge.

I'd like to independently verify your claim, but there's no way I'll install that god awful browser on anything I own.

Are you sure there's no option in the browser settings for "safe" mode or anything like that? I know Google searches censor all kinds of things until you disable "safe browsing" - but these days they censor a lot anyway.

I’ve had it confirmed and verified by individual sources.
Without dramatically changing the title, with characters in front of the word “plandemic” for instance, the title is edited to remove the word “plandemic”.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:05 AM
link   
a reply to: 2Faced

That's strange and unfortunate.

Do you have the option of linking to graphics in your webpage? If so, I would create a png banner with your chosen title and a transparent background. Safari shouldn't be able to read the text unless it employs OCR technology.

That's all that came to mind on the spur of the moment.

Good luck!

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:18 AM
link   
a reply to: Encia22

That is a good way to get past some of the more automated ways of censorship. Has been why memes have been promoted as one way to fight in the information war. They can still get censored, but takes a lot more work and effort to filter out.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:41 AM
link   
People still use safari? That's messed up.
*iPad and *Safari are just two giant red flags that you need to avoid.
edit on 20-8-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I haven’t decided what to do in response. For now, I’ll leave it as is, so I can demonstrate it to others. a reply to: Encia22

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 05:58 AM
link   
With the way things are going recently, I severely doubt if there’s any platform left that isn’t compromised.

a reply to: Rekrul

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 06:01 AM
link   
For sure. Our handlers know every time we even fart. Bush and Obama made sure of that.

edit on 20-8-2020 by Rekrul because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 06:56 AM
link   
That is chilling for sure. Very ironic to me that, the company long ago that was started as a counter-culture tech company with undertones of protest against "the establishment" (go back and view their earliest TV commercials, with homage to the book '1984') has now morphed into a censorship arm of "the establishment". Wonder what Steve Jobs would think about a browser deciding what words viewers should be allowed or not allowed to read?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   
You’re so right! That commercial is exactly what they’ve turned in to.

a reply to: SleeperHasAwakened

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:21 AM
link   

They make terrible products using slave labor in 2nd/3rd world areas. You'd think liberals would be all over this but it doesn't fit their agenda so they don't care. Same with Nike, etc.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:27 AM
link   
a reply to: jjkenobi

Which non-third world device are you posting with?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Safari is not the only platform to censor words, be it foul language or pedo talks or conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:57 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Well there's the librem phones from purism

Globally, Purism sources its hardware and software according to our strict philosophy, where we will source and manufacture the highest quality hardware, making every effort to source the best component parts that operate using free/libre and open source software, making every effort to manufacture the best computers overall. Purism sources component parts from China, Taiwan, Japan, and the United States, and the final assembly1 is done in United States.

The librem 5 also has hardware kill switches for the wifi, cellular radio, gps, camera, and microphone.

librem 5

edit on 20/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 10:10 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Thanks, ever since Motorola killed their Moto production here I didn't think anyone else was making phones in the US. I'm going to check these guys out, my commie cell phone is about all I have that's made over there, I've become even more stringent about where my products are sourced.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join