It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many races, ethnicities or colors can one person claim?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

first-ever Indian-American press secretary to a vice presidential nominee of a major political party.

So many firsts.
First Jamaican-American ...
First Indian-American ...
etc.
etc.

I,
I,
I want to be first something or other too.

I've got it!
I was first to post a short story in this Month's contest!
Woohoo!

And, most likely to post shameless plugs for their entry!
Stars and Flags Baby!
That's what matters.

edit on 19-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
a reply to: panoz77

If her race wasn't a problem for you, you wouldn't have even brought it up.

Well, according to Biden, that and her gender were the reasons he chose her for VP.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:51 PM
link   
a reply to: Flatcoat

Well, according to Biden, that and her gender were the reasons he chose her for VP.

She worked with Biden's son when they were both State Attorney Generals.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena
a reply to: Flatcoat

She worked with Biden's son when they were both State Attorney Generals.

Shocked there isn't a 8th grandchild Joe forgot about.....

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Vasa Croe

Well I don't know Joe's family.
I only called his office once.
Back when he was Chairman of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee.

Wow. That was a while ago.

edit on 20-8-2020 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:31 AM
link   
We're practically all mutts now unless ones family has practiced incest. I don't think there's such thing as a pure bread human. If you can take a DNA test then you're pretty much where you're ancestors came from. I'm mostly Irish, but if I told an Irish man in Ireland I'm Irish they'll laugh in my face because I'm from the USA.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:43 AM
link   
a reply to: carewemust

People still fill out census forms? Lol

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: dug88

You're Canadian right? I'd by you a beer my neighbor.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 04:46 AM
link   
I don't know what hee race is, but it sounds like she's shooting to be the first anti American president.
She missed the Mark though, we already had one of those for two terms.

The fact that she was openly hating on Joe until his team offered her a ride to the big chair tells me all I need to know about her political views- gimme gimme gimme!

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Most of those are essential just different ways to say the same thing. She's just an American as far as I care.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Isn't that just an African American?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:51 AM
link   
How about whatever your DNA says?

My DNA says I am 1% black from an African tribe on the east coast of Africa.

I think I am now free to say I am black.

This is ridiculous - it is pathetic that we must look first at the color of a persons skin to decide what to say to them or not to say to them, what to think about them or not think about them, what they deserve or don't deserve

All based on a characteristic that one has no control over, based on the amount of a hormone in ones skin.

THIS IS STUPID - defining people by the amount of hormone in their skin is insanity and divisive.

I think like Martin Luther King Jr. everyone should be judged ONLY by the content of their character.

But if you disagree then call me black and say my life matters more than others.

edit on 8/20/20 by The2Billies because: format

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: Flatcoat

Yes to the Democrats race and gender are THE most important criteria to judge people on.

The Democratic Party DEMANDED that Joe pick a VP who identified as female (preferably with a real vagina) and was anything but white (no white people allowed as a VP pick)

I read this all over the news, Democrat after Democrat demanding the VP be a woman and preferably black, but definitely and positively not white.

Those were the ONLY things that they were looking for when choosing a VP for Joe, at least that is what they said publicly.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: AaarghZombies

Isn't that just an African American?

Or Asian Indian? The media is now calling her "person of color". Which is it? Is she Indian or African? You tell me.

The irony is that Republicans really don't care either way, we already had a gay black president, and he was elected for two terms. We really don't care if you are gay or black, we care about the actions in office and we already know what Kamala stands for, that's what we care about.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   
They can use as many as they want to whichever one fits today's PC requirements 😎

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Love the way Democrats keep saying everyone is equal and keep placing people into categories at the same time 😎

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: panoz77
Just curious. I have heard the media refer to Kamala as African American, black, Indian/Asian, person of color and Jamaican. So which one is she?

I'm going go with crayon, pic one that works the best for the situation. Is she "black", "red", or "yellow"? We know we can rule out white, I think.

You noticed that, too? My 18 year old was sitting by me when they said kamella was an African American Asian Indian woman and he about spat his drink out. He asked me what the heck was wrong with those people, LOL! Only thing I could figure was that democrats, seeing that they think everyone thinks along similar lines like them, that if they call kamella Asian then Asian Trump supporters will vote for Biden. It's a retarded ideology, but it's how they think.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Human beings have been traveling around for thousands of years. Traits get mixed up. If they didn't we'd be inbred.

Why should her all of her races even matter? What happened to voting based on merit? I don't need someone who looks like me to run this country, I just need someone who offers me ideas that help me out. Did you see kamala's intro last night? It was ridiculous, they worked hard to reach out to every category in America that likes to claim special status. How about just telling us your platform instead of "Hey look at me, I'm black, African American, Indian, Asian, and female so you can vote for me since I look like you."

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Does that mean it's a problem for democrats, too? They're the ones pushing her race.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: LSU2018

originally posted by: chr0naut

Human beings have been traveling around for thousands of years. Traits get mixed up. If they didn't we'd be inbred.

Why should her all of her races even matter? What happened to voting based on merit? I don't need someone who looks like me to run this country, I just need someone who offers me ideas that help me out. Did you see kamala's intro last night? It was ridiculous, they worked hard to reach out to every category in America that likes to claim special status. How about just telling us your platform instead of "Hey look at me, I'm black, African American, Indian, Asian, and female so you can vote for me since I look like you."

My post was general and made no mention of Harris.

Perhaps Trump could also be more gender and race fluid to suit your preferences?

These things are topical issues currently, especially in the USA

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join