It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many races, ethnicities or colors can one person claim?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Just curious. I have heard the media refer to Kamala as African American, black, Indian/Asian, person of color and Jamaican. So which one is she?

I'm going go with crayon, pic one that works the best for the situation. Is she "black", "red", or "yellow"? We know we can rule out white, I think.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Her grandfather was Irish.. Shes more white then black. a reply to: panoz77

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Bigbrooklyn

Her grandfather was Irish..

Nope. Wrong.

edit on 19-8-2020 by Sookiechacha because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

Human beings have been traveling around for thousands of years. Traits get mixed up. If they didn't we'd be inbred.

edit on 19/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

+3 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:30 PM
link   
1. Human.

In an ideal world...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

1/8 of any ethnicity is enough to claim it for college entrance. Least from what I remember.

If that is so, then the answer is 8.

edit on 19-8-2020 by Stevenmonet because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

Human beings have been traveling around for thousands of years. Traits get mixed up. If they didn't we'd be inbred.

Still, you have to choose a race on the census form.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I'm still so confused. Maybe we can all settle on Caribbean American?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:40 PM
link   

I dunno some kind of human. This race #'s just starting to make my brain hurt. Everyone needs to just give so much less of a #. Of all the #ing stupid things to care about and burn down a #ing country over. Who gives a # how much melanin someone has in their skin or not or which country their ancestors came from hundreds of years ago. You're all #ing American for #'s sake, whatever #ing colour your skin is and you #ing people just will not shut the # up about goddamn important it is what mother #ing colour ya'll are and what mother #ing part of this #ing spinning ball of rock your #ing ancestors came from. Seriously, who #ing cares?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: dug88

I dunno some kind of human. This race #'s just starting to make my brain hurt. Everyone needs to just give so much less of a #. Of all the #ing stupid things to care about and burn down a #ing country over. Who gives a # how much melanin someone has in their skin or not or which country their ancestors came from hundreds of years ago. You're all #ing American for #'s sake, whatever #ing colour your skin is and you #ing people just will not shut the # up about goddamn important it is what mother #ing colour ya'll are and what mother #ing part of this #ing spinning ball of rock your #ing ancestors came from. Seriously, who #ing cares?

Well most of us don't care, it's the dems that care. I certainly wouldn't want to misgender or offend if I didn't refer to her with the correct pronouns and such.
edit on 19-8-2020 by panoz77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: carewemust

originally posted by: chr0naut

Still, you have to choose a race on the census form.

The Henley on Todd Regatta.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Yeah...it was mostly them and anyone making a big deal out of it I was referring to. It wasn't your post in particular, sorry if it felt like it was your post I was going off about, it's just that that is actually an issue in general. It wasn't you that brought it up originally, it was her and the media. Just all of it in general...I just can't understand why...
edit on 19/8/2020 by dug88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:00 PM
link   

If her race wasn't a problem for you, you wouldn't have even brought it up.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:07 PM
link   

She's British American.
Both Jamaica and India were part of the British Empire.

I am very likely British American too.
Maybe 1/8 Dutch. But the Dutch part was probably not ethnic Dutch, based upon a last name.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:22 PM
link   
According to my DNA I can claim at least 6.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:27 PM
link   

Just curious... which one is she?

She'll be whatever you want her to be ... That's how you know you're being shystered...

edit on 19-8-2020 by Infoshill because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
I am nearly all Finn with a tiny bit of Eskimo/inuit thrown in. Since Eskimos live off of things that have Finns, I guess it makes sense.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: pthena

She's British American.
Both Jamaica and India were part of the British Empire.

I am very likely British American too.
Maybe 1/8 Dutch. But the Dutch part was probably not ethnic Dutch, based upon a last name.

The people of India say Kamala Harris is Indian-American. They are so proud of her! Kamala also hired an Indian-American as her press secretary yesterday.

Source: timesofindia.indiatimes.com...

Last week, Democratic presumptive vice presidential nominee Joe Biden, 77, picked 55-year-old Indian-origin Harris as his running mate.

"I'm so excited to join the #BidenHarris ticket as Press Secretary for @KamalaHarris!

Can't wait to get to work and win in November!," said Singh, the first-ever Indian-American press secretary to a vice presidential nominee of a major political party.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12

If her race wasn't a problem for you, you wouldn't have even brought it up.

Her race seriously is not a problem. The manipulation of it to win an election IS a problem. Having to say as much feels like I might as well be arguing with someone who thinks the nose on their face isn't real.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe
According to my DNA I can claim at least 6.

Ooooh, fancy. What kind of minority perks does that get ya these days? A free ride to the White House after riding someone else up the political ladder?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join