It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did George Floyd kill...himself? Lawyer files to dismiss charges

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   
a reply to: vonclod

damn, my sarcasm foo is off today. I know you aren't racist. it was a low information poster that triggered that response. it was a joke.

And yes, the cop likely killed Floyd just the way it looked. My point is there may be a whole back story here that makes WHY the cop was willing to risk everything to kill this one guy. Even his buddies asked him to stop. But as I said, we aren't allowed to ask questions on this, so treat it like most things, and just accept the narrative.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: game over man

The hatred for black people on ATS is through the roof!!!!

pencils down everyone. the test is over. We now have a winner. The single most ignorant post ever to be made in the history of man.

If you question anything, you hate black people.

I'd say SMFH, but why? Congrats sport. The trophy is in the mail.

#1 BIGGEST problem in the US of good olde A

- #1 rule about racism, don't talk about racism. That makes you a racist. No objectifying anything remotely related to minorities unless it's about white people being at fault and even then, since you're white, your voice doesn't count and you should just stay out of it. How could a white person possibly relate?

Im one of the kinds of people that likes to talk about any subject no matter how taboo or hateful. If it can create an opinion, Obviously I'll probably have one. It's ignorant to say... Since you're not black, you cant talk about black affairs.. If you're not gay... If you're not lesbian... So forth and so on. Last I checked, I was still living among the diverse population in this country and I say my opinion counts for something just as much as anyone elses. I worked my arse off in this life for the past 35 of my life. I've paid hella taxes and I dont use state/government assistance. I served for my country. I've carried a badge. I've gone to college. I think I deserve a little say so about what goes on in this country that affects me, my family and friends.

Sad how voices can just be shut down because of some stupid reason or another.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: StallionDuck

Sad how voices can just be shut down because of some stupid reason or another.

Only if we let them.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

originally posted by: asabuvsobelow

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: game over man

Tell you what. Lets me and you meet. I will take you outside and sit on your neck for 9 minutes. You will be alive. If you doubt it do it with a friend.

Floyds heart was racing from fear of going back to prison coupled with being high as a kite.

Again, this OP is about whether or not he had a hand in killing himself. Yes,,,or no?

Funny, you volunteer someone else to have their neck kneeled on..very brave

I'd do it for you bro. Here, I'll prove it, lie down.

So can anyone tell us why this went on for 9 minutes, more than 2 of those minutes he's out and pissed himself?

No?..no takers..I guess not!

Can anyone tell why they had to restrain him like that in the first place? , why was he resisting arrest ?

Why didn't they just put him in hand cuffs and put him in the Police car ? There is an answer to this question there is more to the story if you actually read it .

Spell it out for me,

Did Floyd resist..yup, he did, but he was well under control, this did not have to go on as long as it did, when the guy was out, common sense dictates, particularly when emt's and citizens are pleading to officer douchbag the perp is done.

Not sure how any of your arguments excuse Chauvin?

You mis-understand I'm not trying to excuse the Officer.

But there is a reason why Chauvin had to restrain Floyd on the ground instead of just putting him in the police car. Chauvin had probably restrained dozens of people in the Exact same manner that he restrained Floyd and none of them died , so people need to stop acting like he had his knee on Floyds neck thinking " Die black man die " because that is not what happen .

It does not excuse the officer he used excessive force and Floyd died , but it was also a freak accident because 99 out of 100 people would not have died.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:53 PM
link   

damn, my sarcasm foo is off today. I know you aren't racist. it was a low information poster that triggered that response. it was a joke.

And yes, the cop likely killed Floyd just the way it looked. My point is there may be a whole back story here that makes WHY the cop was willing to risk everything to kill this one guy. Even his buddies asked him to stop. But as I said, we aren't allowed to ask questions on this, so treat it like most things, and just accept the narrative.

Ok, fair enough, I know you were being sarcastic, I just think most people have thought racist things at some point. As for how this unfolded, there well could be more to the story, but the OP..in my opinion, is trying to make what Chauvin did was ok..I dont think it was, and I don't think you do either.

I tend to think that Chauvin was showing his juniors, how it's done, very bad precedent, just breeds more questionable acting cops

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Tell you what. Lets me and you meet. I will take you outside and sit on your neck for 9 minutes. You will be alive. If you doubt it do it with a friend.

Floyds heart was racing from fear of going back to prison coupled with being high as a kite.

Again, this OP is about whether or not he had a hand in killing himself. Yes,,,or no?

So can anyone tell us why this went on for 9 minutes, more than 2 of those minutes he's out and pissed himself?

Can anyone tell why they had to restrain him like that in the first place? , why was he resisting arrest ?

Why didn't they just put him in hand cuffs and put him in the Police car ? There is an answer to this question there is more to the story if you actually read it .

Spell it out for me,

Did Floyd resist..yup, he did, but he was well under control, this did not have to go on as long as it did, when the guy was out, common sense dictates, particularly when emt's and citizens are pleading to officer douchbag the perp is done.

But there is a reason why Chauvin had to restrain Floyd on the ground instead of just putting him in the police car. Chauvin had probably restrained dozens of people in the Exact same manner that he restrained Floyd and none of them died , so people need to stop acting like he had his knee on Floyds neck thinking " Die black man die " because that is not what happen .

It does not excuse the officer he used excessive force and Floyd died , but it was also a freak accident because 99 out of 100 people would not have died.

I have never thought this was about race per se, just a bad cop, with many previous complaints, teaching his juniors a bad way to do things.

I think one of those cops on the job for 4 days, I feel almost bad for that guy.
edit on 20-8-2020 by vonclod because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Spell it out for me,

I have never thought this was about race per se, just a bad cop, with many previous complaints, teaching his juniors a bad way to do things.

I think one of those cops on the job for 4 days, I feel almost bad for that guy.

Agreed .

And if Chauvin had wanted to purposefully kill Floyd there are a million different ways he could have accomplished that and none of them involved a public on camera murder.

He killed him yes , but not on purpose. Did they have a past ? maybe who knows but one thing is for sure there is far far more to this story than what we know and the fact that the media allowed this " Racist " spin to happen just shows how much the MSM hates this country.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Spell it out for me,

Agreed .

And if Chauvin had wanted to purposefully kill Floyd there are a million different ways he could have accomplished that and none of them involved a public on camera murder.

He killed him yes , but not on purpose. Did they have a past ? maybe who knows but one thing is for sure there is far far more to this story than what we know and the fact that the media allowed this " Racist " spin to happen just shows how much the MSM hates this country.

I agree it was not intentional, more..over-zealousness, but I think his problem in court will be, that he continued after Floyd was out.

I think they overcharged him, that "can" be a strategy by a prosecutor who secretly want a case to fail, in this case, an overzealous prosecutor.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Come do it to me if you want. We can post it as a challenge. It is like some of you never got in a fight or had brothers or cousins who were bullies.

Knelling on someone neck for 20 minutes does not have to kill them if they are not trying to. Do you get the picture now?

Not ONE of those cops was trying to kill him. Not one.

You and some other just want to push the white cops kill blacks agenda....

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Not ONE of those cops was trying to kill him. Not one.

Their intent doesn't matter, the charges they were accused of do not require intent for guilt.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

You and some other just want to push the white cops kill blacks agenda.

You are a bold faced liar.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:35 PM
link   

and actually, this OP is not about Chauvin. Did you even read it?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:37 PM
link   

and actually, this OP is not about Chauvin. Did you even read it?

Clearly, you are passively trying to excuse Chauvin.

Was Floyd high, yes, was he a s#$%bag, yes. Doesn't change much to me..I never once argued he was any kind of good guy. Also, never claimed this about race..I have made "in general" comments about the "system, particularly the courts"

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:41 PM
link   

No...I am not lying at all. Go back and read some posts. You think everyone is racist...remember?

The issue is that if someone is black if you talk about it you can be called racist. If I say the 5 year old boy shot in the head was a tragedy it is, but I do not have to mention a black man did it. I could care less. It is the action of the child dying. The world does not act like that anymore and you know it.

Just like this case. Emotions cloud the fact that George Floyd was high, resisting arrest for more than 9 minutes before the knee and not sure about you but even myself being 6'3 240 I would not want to tangle with someone that size. Ever try to control someone who is not scared and high and put cuffs on...it is not an easy task and Floyd did not make it any easier.

I have not said what the cop did was right...only that it was Floyd who had a hand in his own death. That is a fact.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Not passively at all. I could care less about him. Whether he dies in prison or retires to Florida. My point is that something that is done every day, using a knee, was exacerbated by the fact he was high.

This thread was about whether he had a hand in killing himself because i want more people to be honest about this garbage. When you have kids who are subject to BLM commercials on Nick, their friends saying things online, seeing sports figures kneel and then they come ask you THAT is where racism should end. As you can see from the rioting...it is not.

Us, as parents and guardians, need to show that racism is wrong and not the diatribes from the talking box and sports figures about how people should act.

Racism is learned and not genetic.....No one living today should feel guilt for something that happened to others. They need to be educated. There is a big difference.

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002020-08-20T13:46:30-05:000130 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   
George Floyd killed George Floyd, both by taking a cocktail of drugs at an extremely high and deadly dose and by not complying. If he was already in the process of overdosing then he could have requested assistance at the very outset of the encounter and maybe he's still be here now, but maybe not.

That's my opinion on it.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 01:47 PM
link   

No...I am not lying at all. Go back and read some posts. You think everyone is racist...remember?

The issue is that if someone is black if you talk about it you can be called racist. If I say the 5 year old boy shot in the head was a tragedy it is, but I do not have to mention a black man did it. I could care less. It is the action of the child dying. The world does not act like that anymore and you know it.

Just like this case. Emotions cloud the fact that George Floyd was high, resisting arrest for more than 9 minutes before the knee and not sure about you but even myself being 6'3 240 I would not want to tangle with someone that size. Ever try to control someone who is not scared and high and put cuffs on...it is not an easy task and Floyd did not make it any easier.

I have not said what the cop did was right...only that it was Floyd who had a hand in his own death. That is a fact.

1st off, because I know that every person alive, has had a racist thought, does not mean I push any narrative of "white cops kill black men" very disingenuous on your part.

Did Floyd have a part in his demise..obviously, you are going through a lot of trouble to state the obvious.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Not passively at all. I could care less about him. Whether he dies in prison or retires to Florida. My point is that something that is done every day, using a knee, was exacerbated by the fact he was high.

Ok, if you say so, and of course, the fact he was high on a cocktail of stuff, could very well of played a part..I'm sure it did.

This thread was about whether he had a hand in killing himself because i want more people to be honest about this garbage. When you have kids who are subject to BLM commercials on Nick, their friends saying things online, seeing sports figures kneel and then they come ask you THAT is where racism should end. As you can see from the rioting...it is not.

I don't support BLM, not in it's current state, the protesters need to go home, and the looters need to go to hell.
You and I can disagree about any "systemic racism" I think it does exist, but not really in this case..more the courts. And probably stop and frisk type policies, end up being race oriented.

Racism is learned and not genetic.....No one living today should feel guilt for something that happened to others. They need to be educated. There is a big difference.

I can agree mostly, but we have built in tribalism, part of our makeup. I don't feel guilty about the past I had nothing to do with, and I'm all for education

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Yea, I have stated this over and over but people who don't fight don't understand. I am at our MMA gym M-W-F, from 5p-8p every week. Anyone can PM me to meet up and try to choke me out with one knee on my neck for 9 minutes. It will go on social media though, and you will embarrass yourself.
edit on 20-8-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 02:23 PM
link   

IN that case, Von, please accept my apology.... (for this post at least.....)
edit on Augpm31pmf0000002020-08-20T14:26:35-05:000235 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join