It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did George Floyd kill...himself? Lawyer files to dismiss charges

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

So punish the guy for others past deeds...kind of like white people giving black families their houses right? Meth and fentanyl would kill a man much easier than a knee will I know that much. Should we punish the criminals harsher for the crimes committed in the past by others? Did he deserve to die for all those who've died due to drugs cut with fentanyl who weren't told so? What upside down world are folks living in...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

The burden of proof in a civil case is not as demanding as a criminal trial.
His family will win a civil suit just because it’s the police being sued.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Yea if only we didn't have police black people and criminals in general would never die unjustly...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake
a reply to: Arizonaguy

And yet the problem seems to be blue.

I would agree to a point, but the question was what is the difference between Timpa and Floyd

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

That can also cut both ways...depends on who is on the bench I guess.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:44 PM
link   
2 milligrams huh... I love disinfo!

Floyd committed suicide because he didn’t want to get caught with... drugs.

Only in America!!!!

Maga2020

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:46 PM
link   
a reply to: odzeandennz

Happens plenty...in fact I have been in the car pulled over with others and watched them swallow a bag of drugs that had it burst would have killed them. Why do you think its far fetched that he could have done that.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:54 PM
link   
Anybody who has gone through first aid trainning will tell you that is a person is able to speak then thier airway is not blocked. I understand the cop shouldt have been on top of him but the whole time Floyd was screaming and pleading proving the cop was not blocking his airway.

He died of heart failure from one too many drugs in his system.

Here is a list of things that can happen when you OD on opioids. How many of these boxes did Mr. Floyd check off?

Loss of consciousness
Unresponsive to outside stimulus
Awake, but unable to talk
Breathing is very slow and shallow, erratic, or has stopped
For lighter skinned people, the skin tone turns bluish purple, for darker skinned people, it turns grayish or ashen.
Choking sounds, or a snore-like gurgling noise (sometimes called the “death rattle”)
Vomiting
Body is very limp
Face is very pale or clammy
Fingernails and lips turn blue or purplish black
Pulse (heartbeat) is slow, erratic, or not there at all

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Well you know if Police did not execute poor sods, over a protracted 8 minutes or so, if front of the general public, and on camera, on display for everyone around the world to see, you would not be in the situation.

Poor George is not the first and unfortunaly wont be the last.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

If you are asking me, not that much a difference.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: matafuchs

So the police officer says he saw him swallow something, and the officer's reaction was to kneel on his neck for more than eight minutes?

Even if there was no intention to kill, or it was not the cause of death, it was unnecessary brutality.

The police officer did something criminal. On camera.

He might not have killed Floyd, or he might, but the officer's actions were inexcusable and not those one should see in someone who is supposed to be upholding the law.

Great

Let’s destroy our own neighbourhoods and burn children’s hospitals to the ground

bLack lives matter

No, the appropriate action would be to prosecute the officer in such a way that those who feel they have been marginalized in the past can see that such abuses are dealt with justly and are no longer condoned or ignored.

Your assumption that I would support the rioters is representative of the attitude attempting to whitewash an individual's criminal actions, on a racial basis.

You would make a fine politician .

but what if the entire foundation of the marginalization is based on an over all altered version of the truth aka a lie.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Honestly I could pick a good few better cases to make this argument of police brutality with than ol georgey...he most certainly brought it on himself fighting them and not cooperating. How bout that kid laying on the hotel floor in Arizona who was all crying and everything as the cop shouted at him then blasted him in the back with his AR...thats one I could get behind.

ETA: Daniel Shaver was his name...why no riots over his death?
edit on 19-8-2020 by RickyD because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:09 PM
link   
a reply to: PraetorianAZ

Which is exactly why the cop will be found not guilty.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Victor Hugo said "Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come."

Seems that the people simply have had enough, and poor George is "the straw that broke the camel's back".

Certainly did not help matters that it was recorded for all to see, or did help matters as the case may be.
edit on 19-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Or there is a concerted effort to rile people up with propaganda. Nothing they are doing now seems to have anything to do with the problem they state they have. Burning down their cities and looting the stores that regular folks own isn't furthering that cause...its just criminals being criminals stealing things they want. But sure let's get rid of police and burn it all down...

F%#*ing Idiots these days...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Also when people finally get tired of watching these people ruin these places or when they push out of nonliberal s#*! holes as we saw there will be a different story going on. You can make your cute little quote then too...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I dont agree with the burning down of cities and looting.

That just equates to crapping on your own doorstep.

If its defund the Police you are on about, i think its more to do with them not doing the job or social workers and dog catchers rather than being actual Police who tackle real criminals.

There were always Idiots RickyD, just not so much highlighted in the light of day via mass media.
edit on 19-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

Victor Hugo said "Nothing is more powerful than an idea whose time has come."

Seems that the people simply have had enough, and poor George is "the straw that broke the camel's back".

Certainly did not help matter that it was recorded for all to see, or did help matters as the case may be.

Except this is a false idea.
Without laws, society breaks down
How are these laws enforced in such a vast society without police?
And what good are police if they don't have the power to pursue and detain?
Believe me, there's an endgame to this scheme, and it isn't a gangstas paradise.
It's a cashless society in which everybody is chipped and scanned, so the idea of resistance and flight is futile.
The only other alternative in such a vast and diverse society is chaos

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: jedi_hamster

I'm as billy bad-ass as they get and I still say that it was wrong.

Sorry.

What I did see, upset me.

Yep it was wrong and upsetting.

Some places include choke holds and kneeling on the neck in law enforcement training. I am not sure about this case.

What I do know is that choke holds, neck kneels, tasers, night sticks and firearms all need to be used responsibly.

That was not the case with Mr. Floyd and he didn’t deserve to die.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:32 PM
link   

A very tiny portion of cops are bad and do things wrong/criminally. They are criminal catchers they arent here for your feelings...they are here to enforce laws. You dont like the laws elect people to change them. I like to smoke pot...therefore I moved somewhere it was legal. Its pretty simple...if you get caught fight with a lawyer not on the spot.

Everything about this whole episode feels like upside down world...its complete and utter nonsense taken as "normal" or justified...its not!

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join