It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did George Floyd kill...himself? Lawyer files to dismiss charges

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

He will still have his million dollar pension so I’m sure he will be fine.

www.cnn.com...

link   
a reply to: Liquesence

Yea, cause fentanyl and cholesterol are totally the same!

link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy
a reply to: matafuchs

Well.

This is awkward.

Cop still should not have knelt on his neck though.

It may very well have "contributed" to his death.

True enough DBC it is a rather risky way to restrain a person but not unheard of especially among police.

In my early career in the military I drank alchohol in excess as did most people with in my rank structure. on more than one occasion to my shame I found myself in an altercation with the police , once I resisted arrest and quickly found my self on the ground and the Police officers knee in the back of my kneck .

While it was an effective way of restraining me , I do not remember dying from it though I could be mistaken.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: smurfy

You need to actually have a brain before you spew a dumb comment like that and expect you to allow anyone to take you seriously....go live in the real world and come back and comment with a big boy comment.

ad hominem attack by a mod? to someone who has lived in the real world for 74 years and still active, has been shot at, nearly blown up at various times just doing the job I do. feck off! page saved.

edit on 19-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Anyone would die with a knee to their neck like that for over 8 minutes. The drugs probably kept him alive longer than a sober person.

No sir you are wrong on both points.

The drugs almost certainly attributed to his death , and a knee in the back of the neck is not a death sentence .

Do you really think Mr.Floyd was the only person that cop ever put his knee on there neck ?

link   
a reply to: KnoxMSP

The worlds not even that big a place anymore KnoxMSP nevermind the USA.

Knowhere to hide in this day of age.

As to the Queen and beasty boy Drew, well i say "Fiat justitia ruat caelum" there.

Last time i looked all the same Derek Chauvin maw is not a Queen.

LIke i said Chauvin will be looking over his shoulder forever and a day.

And that's if the courts don't offer him up a sacrificial lamb to appease the people, which is in no way beyond the realms of possibility given what he did.
edit on 19-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: KnoxMSP

Yea, cause fentanyl and cholesterol are totally the same!

The end result can be.

You think in the absence of a drug "cholesterol" would be the argument had someone been choked by police?

"He ate too much bacon. He choked." Nothing to do with a knee on a neck obstructing an airway.

edit on 19-8-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: chr0naut

This is not about what the police may or may not have done. This is about what Floyd did.

Did he have a hand in killing himself?

Does it really matter ?

People still think Micheal Brown was on his knees saying don't shoot , even though evidence to the contrary has been presented multiple times.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: smurfy

originally posted by: DrumsRfun
a reply to: smurfy

You need to actually have a brain before you spew a dumb comment like that and expect you to allow anyone to take you seriously....go live in the real world and come back and comment with a big boy comment.

ad hominem attack by a mod? to someone who has lived in the real world for 74 years and still active, has been shot at, nearly blown up at various times just doing the job I do. feck off!

74yo and still dumb as a brick.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:18 PM
link   

The health of the victim is always considered.
A heart attack can be caused by more than drug.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:19 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

He won't be sure of anything ever again, that's a given.

What goes around comes around.

And if Chauvin has any conscience or sense, he will understand that fact just fine.

If not even better.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22

The health of the victim is always considered.
A heart attack can be caused by more than drug.

I doubt they knew the status of his health when they put their knee on his neck for what, 8 minutes?

Did they access to his health records?
edit on 19-8-2020 by Liquesence because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I meant for the trial.
These cops will walk because they followed procedure.
Acquittal.

Floyd’s family will win the civil suit after that.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

I think some of them will walk, but it won't be to the next town over, to continue there career in law enforcement, employed by some other Police force.

Which is generally what happens when Police get a slap on the wrist or kicked to the curb for breaking the law whilst on or off the job.

link   

Not if a lawyer proves the guy took 2mg of fentanyl on top of meth. Not saying its not possible to die from a knee to the neck just very unlikely. I always thought it was odd that it caused his death and the more that comes out the less I think it was. Did it look bad from the video sure...but being restrained as a grown adult usually doesn't look fun...usually rather painful looking.

link   

originally posted by: LordAhriman
Anyone would die with a knee to their neck like that for over 8 minutes. The drugs probably kept him alive longer than a sober person.

You have me curious now. What is the medical term used to describe this biological response that delays cardiac arrest due to the the presence of large amounts of stimulants and opiates in the bloodstream?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

Super powers! Like the stuff they used to say about pcp users back in the day...lol

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: Breakthestreak

originally posted by: chr0naut
a reply to: matafuchs

So the police officer says he saw him swallow something, and the officer's reaction was to kneel on his neck for more than eight minutes?

Even if there was no intention to kill, or it was not the cause of death, it was unnecessary brutality.

The police officer did something criminal. On camera.

He might not have killed Floyd, or he might, but the officer's actions were inexcusable and not those one should see in someone who is supposed to be upholding the law.

Great

Let’s destroy our own neighbourhoods and burn children’s hospitals to the ground

bLack lives matter

No, the appropriate action would be to prosecute the officer in such a way that those who feel they have been marginalized in the past can see that such abuses are dealt with justly and are no longer condoned or ignored.

Your assumption that I would support the rioters is representative of the attitude attempting to whitewash an individual's criminal actions, on a racial basis.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Where is the outcry over Tony Timpa

What makes criminal George Floyd so special?

www.nytimes.com...

Justice is for everyone isnt it?

What's so special about GF?
The answer is black and white as they come.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Arizonaguy

And yet the problem seems to be blue.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join