It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did George Floyd kill...himself? Lawyer files to dismiss charges

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:47 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I saw the whole arrest video, the police did their jobs, the media however, didn't.

I try not to follow current events or I would just be another "outraged" person.

After I saw the whole video without reading any whole articles other than HEADLINES....I saw he was being insubordinate to a really easy stop.
All he had to do was be respectful and that was it....he was a moron and the media and people turned it into BLM.

As much as his life and everyone else's does matter...he was an idiot who couldn't follow simple commands and this turned into..."cops are bad, they kill black people"

My version is
"cops aren't all bad and some times, uneducated assholes turn on them and the media makes a spectacle about it when cops have to act"

FTR, in my younger years, I was arrested many times and have never had to deal with that.
Guess why?
I wasn't an insubordinate asshole challenging them, if they got me, they got me and we could all still be odd friendly counterparts.

edit on 19-8-2020 by DrumsRfun because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
DONT GIVE A F, YOU CAN'T LET THE POLICE DO WHAT THEY DID..END OF F'ING STORY.

AND YES, I'M YELLING!!

No matter, how badly, you want it to be ok..it's not, and never will be. The protesters at this point can go to hell too.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: DBCowboy

except the problem is right here. "did something wrong".

how do you know if the cops did ANYTHING wrong? do you seriously suspect that a cop would actively try to kill someone while being filmed?

or perhaps it was supposed to be safe and he was convinced that Floyd is safe, because he didn't know what's in his veins?

if you'll ask me, i smell a rat, but of different sort. there are so many different elements that don't fit the situation it looks like a setup, like a false flag, plain and simple.

but assuming it wasn't one, then common sense says cops aren't to blame for this. Floyd is.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Where is the outcry over Tony Timpa

What makes criminal George Floyd so special?

www.nytimes.com...

Justice is for everyone isnt it?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:52 PM
link   
If all or most charges are dropped or the officers are found not guilty, blm-antifa will just apologize to everyone and pay to rebuild all that was torn down. That will never happen.

They will go more wild than they have been. I don't see this ending peacefully at all.

I think the heat was just turned up to 9 and charges dropped will make it an 11 or above.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: jedi_hamster

how do you know if the cops did ANYTHING wrong? do you seriously suspect that a cop would actively try to kill someone while being filmed?

or perhaps it was supposed to be safe and he was convinced that Floyd is safe, because he didn't know what's in his veins?

if you'll ask me, i smell a rat, but of different sort. there are so many different elements that don't fit the situation it looks like a setup, like a false flag, plain and simple.

but assuming it wasn't one, then common sense says cops aren't to blame for this. Floyd is.

You may be right.

Hence when I said in my first post that this may be awkward because you can't dispute the facts.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:56 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You may be right.

Hence when I said in my first post that this may be awkward because you can't dispute the facts.

in cases like this, it's dangerous to even speculate without knowing the full story and procedures the cops have to follow.

because what's a speculation for you, becomes a reason for outrage for the others.

i still suspect a false flag though. there's just no way this whole goddamn circus wasn't planned in advance. and the sad thing is, it could've been avoided if people weren't so easily triggered and so divided, just looking for an excuse to blame someone.
edit on 19/8/2020 by jedi_hamster because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:09 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

No one of the assisting officers lawyers said that...based on body cam footage. They saw the small white spot on his tongue and then it was gone. Basing off the tox report and that he is arguing the deceased killed himself taking a lethal dose of fentanyl. On top of which there was meth. He died because his heart stopped...which is exactly what happens to people who do uppers and downers at the same time...they call it a speed ball.

Basically your heart gives out because of the stress on it from getting pulled in both directions, and the stronger the uppers and downers used the more of a risk it is for that to happen. He basically used 2 of the strongest drugs he could have for that.

Either way I guess we will see what the court says as I doubt we will get the full picture now.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs I actually felt your words touch my soul in a very good way so thanks for that when so much else is just endless gibberish.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eletheia

Where is the outcry over Tony Timpa

What makes criminal George Floyd so special?

www.nytimes.com...

Justice is for everyone isnt it?

notice the common ground?

drugs.

i'm not going to defend those cops, they've acted like a bunch of disgusting pigs, but common sense says if Timpa wouldn't have taken coc aine, he would be still alive.

but sure, lets blame it all on cops.

how about death penalty for selling drugs instead? do you know how many problems that would solve?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

You may be right.

in cases like this, it's dangerous to even speculate without knowing the full story and procedures the cops have to follow.

because what's a speculation for you, becomes a reason for outrage for the others.

i still suspect a false flag though. there's just no way this whole goddamn circus wasn't planned in advance. and the sad thing is, it could've been avoided if people weren't so easily triggered and so divided, just looking for an excuse to blame someone.

True.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: dug88

Or what the VPD did too Paul Boyd here in Vancouver, the airport incident was a miscarriage of justice for sure. In the Boyd case the officer got away with an execution.

That’s one if camera phones were more prevalent at the time, would have burned the city too the ground worse than hockey does!!!

So sad there’s just so many cases of police against citizens. But also sad that when all evidence is presented the Floyd case seems more and more like an OD. And it’s the hill so many are willing too die on. It really has me shaking my head at who we elect as “hero’s” these days, to build movements behind.

SaneThinking

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Okay then, Mr Floyd stood on his own neck....and said, "I can't breathe"

edit on 19-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: SaneThinking

it's not just about OD. Floyd was a criminal, armed robbery of a pregnant woman in her home was one of the things he did.

guy was a piece of sh.t, he went to jail several times, didn't change him for the better.

turning him into a martyr is just insane.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:20 PM
link   
a reply to: jedi_hamster

how about death penalty for selling drugs instead? do you know how many problems that would solve?

Do you know how much time and money it would save if drugs were just legal?
Look at Switzerland.
Best drug policy on the planet, whether I agree or not.

And in 1994, Switzerland went on to pass one of the most progressive and controversial drug policies in the world, which included the dispensing of heroin.

This is actually an American article from North Carolina.
www.northcarolinahealthnews.org...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: chr0naut

So the police officer says he saw him swallow something, and the officer's reaction was to kneel on his neck for more than eight minutes?

Even if there was no intention to kill, or it was not the cause of death, it was unnecessary brutality.

The police officer did something criminal. On camera.

He might not have killed Floyd, or he might, but the officer's actions were inexcusable and not those one should see in someone who is supposed to be upholding the law.

Great

Let’s destroy our own neighbourhoods and burn children’s hospitals to the ground

bLack lives matter

link   
As someone who get's choked by much younger guys 3 times a week for training I do not understand how a knee on ONE side of the neck can kill someone. First restriction on the side of the neck is a blood restriction. Second, you really need to do both sides to have someone blackout from lack of blood that way. A knee on the side of your neck does not restrict your breathing. I talk guys through chokes much tighter than that knee on his neck multiple times a week.

a reply to: DrumsRfun

Agree 1000%. Take away all drug charges, use the money spent on incarceration and judicial costs on treatment facilities.
edit on 19-8-2020 by KnoxMSP because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: DrumsRfun

I saw the whole arrest video, the police did their jobs, the media however, didn't.

I try not to follow current events or I would just be another "outraged" person.

After I saw the whole video without reading any whole articles other than HEADLINES....I saw he was being insubordinate to a really easy stop.
All he had to do was be respectful and that was it....he was a moron and the media and people turned it into BLM.

As much as his life and everyone else's does matter...he was an idiot who couldn't follow simple commands and this turned into..."cops are bad, they kill black people"

Mind control anyone?

edit on 19-8-2020 by smurfy because: Text.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:26 PM
link   

notice the common ground?
drugs.
i'm not going to defend those cops, they've acted like a bunch of disgusting pigs, but common sense says if Timpa wouldn't have taken coc aine, he would be still alive.
but sure, lets blame it all on cops.

No lets NOT blame the police........They didn't put the drugs in the mouths of the

victims.The blame is self inflicted by the victims themselves. If one plays with fire

one gets burned!!

Why did Floyd get the preferential burial, public donations, a gold casket, more

than one service etc... etc... He was a criminal.

Tony Timpa had mental problems.......

Personally I believe the law is shackled and punishment is not harsh enough to

deter the criminals.

edit on 19-8-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-8-2020 by eletheia because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Takes a special sort of bastard, to sit atop someone, with there knee in their neck, and murder and execute the poor sod, whilst they plead for there life, and wet themselves.

That Mans time will come, no matter what the courts decide, his days are numbered, and i don't think there is a rock on the planet he will be able to hide under.

People are going to be wanting his head on a stick.
edit on 19-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join