It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did George Floyd kill...himself? Lawyer files to dismiss charges

page: 12
<< 9  10  11   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:18 PM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

I'll take that as a no then.

I believe that we should fully expect 0. Understanding that stuff can happen. And punish officers that make egregious mistakes. Not let them off with a slap on the wrist when they murder someone.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 03:44 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I train in a certain martial arts a lot where I am on the ground and have a lot of pressure put on different parts of my body including the back of the neck so I have personal experience on how it affects me.

A knee or any pressure on the back of my neck doesn't stop me from breathing, Now the same pressure to the throat does obviously.

I have to believe that the drugs contributed to the mans death far more than the knee to the back of the neck.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:05 PM
link   
a reply to: grey580

Great takeaway.

Now I know who the “Hot!! Careful!!” warnings on McDonalds cups are for.

The fact is, realistically expecting a statistically impossible thing is the same as believing in Santa Clause after the age of aged 11.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:06 PM
link   
a reply to: mwood

I feel like people who have no idea how anything works are going to be the first to argue your honest and accurate response.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: game over man

Tell you what. Lets me and you meet. I will take you outside and sit on your neck for 9 minutes. You will be alive. If you doubt it do it with a friend.

Floyds heart was racing from fear of going back to prison coupled with being high as a kite.

Again, this OP is about whether or not he had a hand in killing himself. Yes,,,or no?

Can I kneel on your neck as a test for 9 minutes?
edit on 22-8-2020 by jacobe001 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 09:19 PM
link   
a reply to: jacobe001

Sure. Only I won't be all hopped up on Fetanyl. Make sure to leave no bruising to the neck just like the autopsy stated. Because if someone was trying to kill someone else there would have been damage and bruising. Ever get in a fight? Weirdest thing is finding all of the bruises you do not remember because your adrenaline is pumping. You are just worried about not getting knocked out.

The OP is..and I will state again...Do you think George Floyd had a hand in his own death?

If I was on a jury in the Chauvin case I would hold out for manslaughter. He should have checked his detainee. That is where it went wrong not the knee to the neck. However, that did not kill him. He was not asphyxiated. He had a cardiac event.

edit on Augpm31pmf0000002020-08-22T22:15:59-05:001059 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Awesome. Enjoy the shoe leather taste.

posted on Aug, 23 2020 @ 08:47 PM
link   

I like mint gum.

It’s my meatloaf recipe that tastes of shoe leather. How did you know?

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:16 AM
link   

It's the thin blue line on the top of your meatloaf that gives it away.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:54 AM
link   
If I remember right, once a suspect is in the custody of an officer, that officer is now responsible for the well-being of that suspect. Even if that suspect is on drugs.

And this is where I believe de-funding is not the answer, but better training and hiring officers who are going to be cognizant of these issues when they arise. It’s not like police don’t already know what signs to look out for when someone may or not be on drugs, I’ve had plenty of flashlights shined in my eyes to get a good look at my pupils to know what they’re looking for.

If someone saw him swallow pills then they should have been ready for what could come next because it’s going to go one of 2 ways; he’s either going to pass out if it’s a downer and possibly OD, or turn into Superman from an upper and possibly OD.

I’ve heard enough cops speak against Chauvin’s actions to form an opinion on if he did was right or wrong. The second he became unresponsive they should have changed course. Doesn’t really matter what he did for drugs, he was in their custody and under control at that point.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 12:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
a reply to: abeverage

Why does Harambe make you think of black people? You, and that other tool are the racist ones here. I was saying that because of accidental death when it was not needed...like Floyd.

You can't possibly be that ignorant. Wait can you? Well I wouldn't be surprised, with the name calling and deflection. You know exactly why you were saying it, and are you seriously claiming ignorance to that racist trope?

But if you are Educate Yourself on this so in the future you can be less derogatory.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

Worst part is he did at least have the presense of mind to ask for EMS, not sure what happened but I agree the manslaughter would be the likely outcome

The revelation he had enough Fentynal to kill several adults is not insignificant either

Alot of the charges are Ellison show boating and appeasing the mob

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 07:42 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

I knew he ODd the moment I saw nothing happening to him and he started wincing in pain.

He ODd and the world burned for it.

posted on Aug, 25 2020 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well well well...seems there have been some legal papers filed.

Link

In one memorandum filed May 26 after a virtual meeting with Baker, the Attorney’s Office said Baker concluded, “The autopsy revealed no physical evidence suggesting that Mr. Floyd died of asphyxiation.” Baker told the attorney his investigation was incomplete pending a toxicology report, however.

The other memorandum filed June 1 by the Attorney’s Office indicated Baker said Floyd’s level of fentanyl was “pretty high,” and a potentially “fatal level.”

"[Dr. Andrew Baker] said that if Mr. Floyd had been found dead in his home (or anywhere else) and there were no other contributing factors he would conclude that it was an overdose death,” the June 1 memo said.

Also sounds like there were results and opinions released before all evidence was reviewed.

#Kenoshaforthis

posted on Aug, 26 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

That’s actually funny 🤣

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11   >>

join