It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Did George Floyd kill...himself? Lawyer files to dismiss charges

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 02:03 AM
link   
a reply to: matafuchs

He said he could not breath in the video and transcript between him and the police before he was on the floor. So his line that became famous recently was described as him being on the floor and saying I cant breath, not true. He said it standing and thus had issues with breathing, clearly he was on drugs which was later found in his autopsy and for a man who had issues with anxiety and breathing issues should not have been taking class A drugs that limited his bodies breathing.

It is all jumped up hype pushed for by the BLM movement that use a lost life to promote their propaganda. For a career criminal that committed some of the most sick crimes a human could commit really is surprising he was alive even then.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 04:30 AM
link   

originally posted by: DBCowboy

Well.

This is awkward.

Cop still should not have knelt on his neck though.

It may very well have "contributed" to his death.

Floyd was talking and squirming while the cop knelt on his neck. To a cop that guy usually has some fight left in him.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:18 AM
link   

originally posted by: vonclod

I'll sum it up for you..that cop, picked the wrong day to play billy badass.

Now, the topic. Did Floyds intoxication cause his death? I'll say it contributed, no doubt. However, If Chauvin would of let off when Floyd was out of the fight..who knows.

That was the initial story, but if what this lawyer filed is true, that narrative just got turned completely on its head.

IF he really did swallow that much fent, he was pretty much guaranteed to die. The only thing Chauvin may have contributed was how fast he died. I wouldn't be surprised if his defense can find some medical experts to dispute the autopsy findings, at least to the point where there's reasonable doubt.

Most depts have use of force rules/guidelines. They are allowed to use as much as is allowed till compliance is met. I think these guy far exceeded that, a guy died..maybe he would of anyway? maybe a different cop would of let up and had EMT dealing with it.

Maybe, maybe, maybe. Again, though, if this motion is supported by the toxicology report, there's no maybe about the fact that the guy took a lethal dose of fentanyl.

I never thought this was about race, nor that it was intentional.

I never did either. As I've pointed out in numerous threads here, all the evidence suggest Chauvin was just an asshole cop, regardless of the race of the suspect. He had 17 prior complaints against him. If they were all from black suspects, then you could argue it was a racial thing. But not one news agency has reported that, and we all know they checked into it and would have been giddy to report it was all from black suspects. The fact that that hasn't been reported tells me it was likely from suspects of all different backgrounds.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Liquesence

originally posted by: RickyD
a reply to: Liquesence

Not like there couldn't have been pressure or even a political leaning of the examiner to explain that... I mean its not like the medical examiners aren't human.

Not like he might still be alive had there not been a knee on his neck for 8 minutes.

Someone didn't read the OP. Big shocker.

If he swallowed 2 mg of fent, he absolutely would not be alive.

Reading: a lost art. Just keep letting Rachel tell you what to think.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bloodworth

Well.

This is awkward.

Floyd was talking and squirming while the cop knelt on his neck. To a cop that guy usually has some fight left in him.

Up to a point. There were a few minutes towards the end where he was not fighting anymore. I think at that point I'd have let up the pressure.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 07:56 AM
link   
a reply to: grey580

The amount should be zero?

Not accounting for all sorts of medical issues that people can die of without anyone being at fault, there are many reasons a person can die in custody. Police are not superhuman, they are not “the Flash”.

Another con can kill them. They can fight tooth and nail, and end up dead during the struggle. Have you ever seen drugged up people during their arrests? Do you think we should restrain them? How? Zap them? Shoot them with a cocktail of drugs? Both of those could easily lead to death.

Some of you are so obtuse and have really warped ideas of how the real world actually works in real time.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 09:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: ThouArtGod

Some of you are so obtuse and have really warped ideas of how the real world actually works in real time.

This is one of the biggest problems with our society. So many are so sheltered and have had such a privileged life they have no idea how the ugly side of things looks. It's not always the way it goes in the movies.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 10:13 AM
link   
a reply to: ThouArtGod

Yes the amount should be 0.

I agree that accidents can happen.

But the police are not judge, jury and executioner. Police should exhaust all measures non lethal capture and detainment before using lethal force. Or do you feel that the police should not value human life?

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:12 AM
link   
It doesn’t look much worse for the cops than a man dying with a knee on his neck screaming I can’t breath. Any information beyond that is outside that point so insufficient to address it.

edit on 21-8-2020 by Rob808 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:29 AM
link   

originally posted by: face23785

Well.

This is awkward.

Up to a point. There were a few minutes towards the end where he was not fighting anymore. I think at that point I'd have let up the pressure.

I agree, but how many times have a violent criminal pretended to be passed out only to attack?

These cops are on edge and after a broken nose or having to take aids prevention meds because someone bit you?
Look at the guy shot at Wendy's a few months ago

Completely respectful to police and then out of no where he attacks.

Very common

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 11:31 AM
link   
There is no proof that the officers murdered George Floyd by asphyxiation because he died at the hospital . Read the autopsy. Page 9.

kstp.com...

No head injuries - we would expect this if someone was being killed right? I would think multiple contusions.
No neck injuries - No damage at all. If there was such force to suffocate Mr Floyd there would be bruising. A crushed larynx. Nothing.
He did not die on site but at the hospital and there were live saving measures taken. He had a tracheal tube inserted. They also tried to get the heart going with an incision called a Thoracotomy. They do this during cardiac events.

Where is the media reporting on this. No, they want you to think the officers murdered Floyd.

There is a video of officers doing something officers do 100's of times a day if not more trying to subdue someone who is resisting arrest. We can argue all day about the best way to restrain but in this case they were not trying to kill him. Not beating him. No taser. No handgun. A knee on his back and his neck after Floyd resisted and exited a police vehicle after being placed inside. He resisted for over 10 minutes.

At that point, when he exited the vehicle, he should have been tased. No questions asked. He was not complying and he should have. If Floyd would have gotten in the vehicle and stayed there he could be alive today. Not because someone did not put a knee to his neck but because he may have gotten the correct medical attention when he went into cardiac arrest.

This I am sure will be used by the officers lawyer to show that his client had no hand in the death of George Floyd. The only one who could be charged in my opinion is Chauvin and it would be Manslaughter not murder.

edit on Augam31amf0000002020-08-21T11:33:38-05:001138 by matafuchs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: matafuchs
Mr Floyd. The BLM poster boy who died with enough Fentanyl in him to kill Harambe 3 times over. And meth...and THC...He got a gold casket and Barack to eulogize and...call out white america.

Poster BOY and comparing a dead Black man to an APE...

You managed to throw 2 racist slurs in one coherent sentence.

Well played.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:31 PM
link   
ATS Republicans grasping at straws hoping the cops pressing on his back and Chauvin pressing on his neck for 9 minutes is justified. 🤮

The Republican Party is all about this. Republicans care about the Minneapolis police department who also shot a white Australian woman in the face a few years ago.

At the end of the day, Republicans stand by racist violent police. Good job Republicans. Keep making a new thread everyday Republicans. Tell the world how you really feel. Talk it up.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Well.

This is awkward.

I agree, but how many times have a violent criminal pretended to be passed out only to attack?

These cops are on edge and after a broken nose or having to take aids prevention meds because someone bit you?
Look at the guy shot at Wendy's a few months ago

Completely respectful to police and then out of no where he attacks.

Very common

That's why I am hesitant to rush to judgement in these cases. Cops hear false claims of "I can't breathe" and suspects playing dead all the time. I understand that. I'm not saying let him go the second he stops resisting.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: abeverage

originally posted by: matafuchs
Mr Floyd. The BLM poster boy who died with enough Fentanyl in him to kill Harambe 3 times over. And meth...and THC...He got a gold casket and Barack to eulogize and...call out white america.

Poster BOY and comparing a dead Black man to an APE...

You managed to throw 2 racist slurs in one coherent sentence.

Well played.

It's pretty obvious that the way he used those, in the context of his post, was not meant the way you took it.

It's also obvious that YOU associate black people with apes. You may want to look at yourself in the mirror if you wanna see a racist.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 12:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man
ATS Republicans grasping at straws hoping the cops pressing on his back and Chauvin pressing on his neck for 9 minutes is justified. 🤮

The Republican Party is all about this. Republicans care about the Minneapolis police department who also shot a white Australian woman in the face a few years ago.

At the end of the day, Republicans stand by racist violent police. Good job Republicans. Keep making a new thread everyday Republicans. Tell the world how you really feel. Talk it up.

Can you point to one piece of evidence that the incident had anything to do with race? I've yet to see anyone be able to do this. That's a serious question, I'm not just being sarcastic or anything.

As I mentioned on the previous page, Chauvin had a long history of complaints from suspects. As far as we know, they weren't all black suspects. The evidence suggests he was just an asshole cop to everyone he encountered, regardless of race. If you've got evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 01:00 PM
link   
a reply to: LordAhriman

I'm not saying the cop caused or didn't cause his death by any means. However, in my training in corrections, this type of hold is completely inappropriate and does not follow protocol. That being said, in my experience, if the carotid artery was blocked by his knee, he should have been unconscious withing 3 to 8 seconds. 8 minutes is a long time, but if the brain is getting blood then I don't think the hold caused death. Again, I could be wrong, but this is according to my training and over 10 years experience. I was completely outraged by this incident when it happened, but this has been the one thing that has bothered me from day 1, the man was speaking and yelling with the cops knee on his neck for several minutes. If anyone has more to add, I'd be happy to hear it. I am an open minded person. This is just my two cents.

Also, I'd like to add, it was obvious the man was in distress near the end and began to go unconscious. The cop should have checked his pulse and provided (or allowed someone else to provide) medical assistance way sooner. A lot of things went wrong in this tragedy.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 01:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: game over man

Can you point to one piece of evidence that the incident had anything to do with race? I've yet to see anyone be able to do this. That's a serious question, I'm not just being sarcastic or anything.

As I mentioned on the previous page, Chauvin had a long history of complaints from suspects. As far as we know, they weren't all black suspects. The evidence suggests he was just an asshole cop to everyone he encountered, regardless of race. If you've got evidence to the contrary, I'd love to see it.

Boom another Republican defending white people's Innocents. That was fast! And defending cops too! Wow 2 in 1. How 'bout dat? Hope I can write dat. You know, word up! Yo! Don't you want to just get in your pick up truck and chase down a black jogger? You know I said nothing in the post you responded too about the George Floyd case being racist? You did that. Funny.

This is all a big joke right? Republicans laughing at their keyboards at the expense of people dieing from the police, because it's tough being a cop. Being a cop is so hard. So hard! OMG! Look at that they accidentally kill black people all the time because their job is so hard! If black people weren't such crack heads then being a cop would be easier. It's all black people's fault at the end of the day.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 01:17 PM
link   
a reply to: abeverage

You see racism then you are racist yourself.

So, did he kill himself? You pontificated but did not answer the OP.

posted on Aug, 21 2020 @ 01:19 PM
link   
a reply to: game over man

Why did you bring Republicans into this?

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12 >>

join