It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mail In Balloting Questions

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: Fallingdown
Give a democrat a way to cheat and they’re going to take it .

Everybody gets a twofer fill out your mail in ballot then go vote .

BTW

I’m pretty sure it’s prepaid postage.

It could be a threefer. Case in point my wife passed in 2018 got a ballot for could send hers and mine in and then go vote.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I live in one of the reddest states in the union, & I’ve voted by mail a couple of times. It works just fine.
It’s secure & convenient, regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum. Believe the facts, not the propaganda you hear from uncle Cletus on Fakebook or the Cheeto Tzar (who doesn’t seem to have a problem w/mail-in voting if it’s in a red state—hmmmm...).

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gandalf77
I live in one of the reddest states in the union, & I’ve voted by mail a couple of times. It works just fine.
It’s secure & convenient, regardless of where you fall on the political spectrum. Believe the facts, not the propaganda you hear from uncle Cletus on Fakebook or the Cheeto Tzar (who doesn’t seem to have a problem w/mail-in voting if it’s in a red state—hmmmm...).

How many years has your state been doing this? how did it go the first year?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Gandalf77

Russian bots running ads on Facebook = Russian interference in 2016.

Opening the balloting process to the entire world by using the USPS = okay in 2020.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:31 PM
link   
And that is another thing. Absentee mail in balloting is a very low percentage of votes. What is being proposed is upwards of 40%-50% of all votes cast. Maybe 70-80 million nationwide this year. That is more than Christmas cards kids.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:39 PM
link   
a reply to: JON666

Barr should announce that he’s forming a task force to search for voter fraud .

And will seek the five year maximum sentence for each count .

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

Well I just got a postcard absentee ballot in Ohio today. It has two absentee postcards that require postage. So I'm guessing to send them in it would cost me at most one stamp.

I assume you don't touch any of your mail until you hit it with UV light for a few hours? What's the difference? Do you really glove up when you leave your house? Because if you think COVID lasts 2-3 days on surfaces, that #e is everywhere except the moon.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:32 PM
link   

How do you figure? Many families send out dozens of Christmas cards at once. That's far more traffic than one or two absentee requests for each household spread out over weeks.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar

Opening the balloting process to the entire world by using the USPS = okay in 2020.

Let's put the vote-by-mail 'fraud' myth to rest - The Hill

edit on 19/8/2020 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:45 PM
link   
a reply to: panoz77

That is one state. Ohio has 11.68 million people. So let’s say 3 million ballots by mail... Do you think Ohio generated more or less Christmas cards than 3 million? Keep in mind seasonal hires and no special hiring for the election mail...

Two stamps is $1.10 but a first class stamp only covers 1 ounce. Anything over requires additional postage. Between state and local issues, judges, representatives at state and federal level, getting heavy.

And as I said here and will further explain. People are going to take pictures of their ballots and put it online. It is what we do. Now with a picture a reasonable looking fake ballot can be made and anyone that can lick a stamp can mail it.

Democrats had a fit over Russia, Russia, Russia in 2016. So in 2020, the Democrats want to open the election up to the whole world. Even if the fake ballot is easy to spot that is millions to sift through. Dimpled, pregnant, hanging chads all over again...only this time the whole country and not just Miami, FL.

Doesn’t that sound....stupid?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 10:52 PM
link   
a reply to: chr0naut

Nope...that’s Australia that does the death penalty if you don’t vote.

New Zealand you have to be registered to vote, but are not forced to vote.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:01 PM
link   

a reply to: chr0naut

Nope...that’s Australia that does the death penalty if you don’t vote.

New Zealand you have to be registered to vote, but are not forced to vote.

I'm an ex-pat Aussie.

Voting has never seemed particularly onerous or difficult.

But I'm living in NZ now. Have been for years. They let me vote, here, too.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:35 PM
link   

Ummm, I think it’s been shown that it wasn’t just Russian bots running ads on Fakebook. I suggest you take a look at the reports—including the reports from the republican-controlled senate. It was more than bots baby.

And I presume you’re being hyperbolic by stating that the balloting process is somehow being opened to the whole world by using USPS? Or let me guess, only if it isn’t controlled by a governor in a red state?

Assuming the proper security protocols, it works just fine.

As an independent voter, I’m just fine with it.
Typically speaking, I prefer to vote in person. But, unfortunately, there are so many people in my state who feel it’s their Gawd-given right to endanger themselves & their fellow citizens by not wearing a mask that voting in person is something of a dicey proposition this year.
edit on 19-8-2020 by Gandalf77 because: Typo

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 11:42 PM
link   

a reply to: panoz77

Dimpled, pregnant, hanging chads all over again...only this time the whole country and not just Miami, FL.

Doesn’t that sound....stupid?

Yes, it does sound stupid.
Not sure how mail-in ballots work where you’re from, but “dimpled, pregnant, hanging chads” aren’t an issue when you use a PEN. Get with the times man.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:07 AM
link   

Yes, and it seems that many of those "but my rights" people think that it's up to the vulnerable seniors to to just hide in their homes till "herd immunity" is reached and it's safe for them to rejoin society.
Lol.. so, they are telling probably around half the volunteer poll worker force to just stay home on election day. Less poll workers will probably mean less polling places, longer lines... while they are expecting record voter turnout.
Maybe mail in voting really isnt a bad idea? Especially if you are telling the vulnerable seniors to just stay home since there is a large number of republicans within that age group?

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:44 AM
link   

1. How much will the postage cost for a mail in ballot and is that not considered a poll tax?

2. Not all pieces of mail receive a dated postmark, how can we determine legitimately late delivery versus fraudulent balloting attempts if a postmark is missing?

3. If the USPS is understaffed and going broke under current conditions, then how can it afford this massive balloting effort without collapsing completely from the workload?

4. Covid can live on paper for a few days, aren’t we putting are most basic infrastructure (the entire postal service) under tremendous risk?

5. How can voting be both anonymous and secure, without any verification of voter eligibility?

1) postage is free, the money comes from a pool used for election related expenses, I think

2) they are digitally tracked in the same way as a FedEx package.

3) they are actually profitable, a lot of their money is being transfered internally to ore pay pensions, so it appears off books, and they cope with the extra demand using overtime or by hiring more people

4) soap and water solves this problem

5) Voter eligibility is confirmed with the electoral registration database, identity is confirmed against your existing state or federal records. Both must be in order before you can vote. Hence a dead person or an illegal can't have a ballot as they don't have both of these records. They aren't simply mailing out blank ballots, only blank application fir a ballot.

This is the same system that soldiers and their families have been using for years.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 07:51 AM
link   

I think the true majority in this country are the 120 million non-voters. They don't care what trump or polosi have to say.

Those people are going to do whatever the person that gives them a paycheck tells them to do.

The anti mask crowd are vastly out numbered.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Are people being intentionally thick or have we actually gone brain dead as a species? Or am I the only one that sees this massive security flaw?

Fake ballots can be printed off, filled in and mailed by the millions by any country that can do it...Russia, China, North Korea. Who can take the time to sort the fakes from the real ballots when they are being delivered by the pallet load? If the envelope passes, that fake ballot will be delivered.

Just because Nancy Pelosi says something is okay doesn’t mean crap. Remember “You have to pass it to see what’s in it.” because reading wasn’t available? That is not how bills should become laws even if the bill was “open packet, pour into cup of warm water and stir thoroughly.”

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 08:43 AM
link   

sadly, the loudest group get's the most attention, even if they aren't the smartest group.

Something about the squeaky wheel and grease.

posted on Aug, 20 2020 @ 09:45 AM
link   
right around the first-of-the-year 2020

i phoned my local Voter Registration Office... for 2 specific reasons ->> to update my information and to request i be sent a Mail-In Ballot for this coming Presidential Election
(see, i require a roll-about piece of equipment to aid me in standing in lines/crowds/etc.) When just using a cane is not enough...)

the voter registration office personnel stated that an Absentee Ballot would be provided me for voting this November 2020

the last General Election... i walked away from the polling place because of the enormous crowds gathered at the local YMCA building here in my voting precinct...myrtle beach SC
i decided then to not get shut out at the Exacta betting window, this time around
edit on th31159793495620492020 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join