It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mail In Balloting Questions

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+1 more 
posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:04 PM
link   
1. How much will the postage cost for a mail in ballot and is that not considered a poll tax?

2. Not all pieces of mail receive a dated postmark, how can we determine legitimately late delivery versus fraudulent balloting attempts if a postmark is missing?

3. If the USPS is understaffed and going broke under current conditions, then how can it afford this massive balloting effort without collapsing completely from the workload?

4. Covid can live on paper for a few days, aren’t we putting are most basic infrastructure (the entire postal service) under tremendous risk?

5. How can voting be both anonymous and secure, without any verification of voter eligibility?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:23 PM
link   
in my state the postage has always been free......a reply to: Ahabstar

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Give a democrat a way to cheat and they’re going to take it .

Everybody gets a twofer fill out your mail in ballot then go vote .

BTW

I’m pretty sure it’s prepaid postage.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Ahabstar

1 I think they are not charging the voters for this postage. I think the states are paying for it.

2 Some states are going by getting the vote in by the election date. They are not going by post marks and if they do, they are throwing out all without postmarks. It varies by state. No postmark or delayed mail and you loose your vote.

4 I think they kind of microwave all letters as they are sorted through the machines. They started doing this after the powder scares of several years ago.

No idea on 3 and 5

The whole thing on such a short notice is a bad idea in my openion.

edit on 8 19 2020 by beyondknowledge because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: Ahabstar
1. How much will the postage cost for a mail in ballot and is that not considered a poll tax?

Ballots come with prepaid envelopes.

2. Not all pieces of mail receive a dated postmark, how can we determine legitimately late delivery versus fraudulent balloting attempts if a postmark is missing?

Bar codes are scanned.

[

3. If the USPS is understaffed and going broke under current conditions, then how can it afford this massive balloting effort without collapsing completely from the workload?

If USPS can manage Christmas every year, they can manage mail in ballots.

4. Covid can live on paper for a few days, aren’t we putting are most basic infrastructure (the entire postal service) under tremendous risk?

As is all mail and all paper ballots at polling centers.

5. How can voting be both anonymous and secure, without any verification of voter eligibility?

I don't know about your state, but here in California there is no need to show an ID to vote in person.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Postage is paid for mail in ballots.

Mail sorting machines are being removed from post offices so... I don't know how they will handle things.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I live in a state with mail in voting. Since we have had it, we have had a Democrat majority in our state Senate, in our major city councils, and bills requiring citizen votes have passed in favor of Democrats by narrow majority for over 20 years. We used to be a red state, with viable industry. It's all gone now.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I created a thread on mine.

It's free...but, had some issues:

Absentee Ballot

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:09 PM
link   

My Governor should be Arrested for Sedition !

On Tuesday night, the Trump campaign filed a lawsuit against the state’s election plan. The suit claims that New Jersey’s July 7 primary violated the U.S. Constitution’s Electors and Elections Clauses as well as the 14th Amendment. The suit argues that only the state legislature can enact large changes to elections, and that Murphy is bypassing that process by issuing an executive order.

The lawsuit references several cases of voter fraud conducted through mail-in ballots in New Jersey over the years. It cites Paterson’s May municipal elections as the most recent example.

“The Governor’s inconsistencies, coupled with the Order’s timing amid a nationwide push by the Democratic Party for the same measures, reveal that the Order is less about protecting the health of New Jerseyans and more about protecting the electoral prospects of the Governor’s political party,” the lawsuit states.[...]

www.newsmax.com...

edit on Wed Aug 19 2020 by DontTreadOnMe because: trimmed quote, added tags IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: grey580

Postage is paid for mail in ballots.

Mail sorting machines are being removed from post offices so... I don't know how they will handle things.

No machines are being removed 😎

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:27 PM
link   
So your taxes collected by the state will fund the USPS in this endeavor? Indirect poll tax...but it might slide. States funding the USPS shouldn’t slide, but will because the judiciary legislates. Kinda like governors by edict rather than legislative action to safeguard against such usurpations of power.

ID’s are not required in California because...eligibility is never an issue when the state rigs elections so as to eliminate particular parties via jungle elections...

We think the mail might be safe but no one knows how it is done to check if it works on Covid or not, but the fatality rate is so low it really doesn’t matter.

They can handle Christmas (with seasonal hiring) so the election should be no big deal except no one knows when or if the States will actually pay for the postage used.

And those magic bar codes will figure it all out except those are not post marks but sort marks and the sorting machines that make them are being moved around (removed).

Seems to me that this is all a game of 52 card pick up and the usual suspects don’t care because they are not picking up crap. But are gonna lay full blame on the Postal Service when Trump is re-elected. Or conversely....praise the USPS if Biden wins.

I’m just gonna say this now. For a bunch of crybabies that raised hell over Russia, Russia, Russia...you sure kicked the door wide open to the biggest ballot box stuffing contest in the history of the world. Pelosi has made half the country nuttier than she is.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:39 PM
link   

For reference;

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: beyondknowledge

1 I think they are not charging the voters for this postage. I think the states are paying for it.

Who do you think the states get their money from?

Just asking.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:52 PM
link   

And those magic bar codes will figure it all out except those are not post marks but sort marks and the sorting machines that make them are being moved around (removed).

I get a text when the post office receives my ballot and another one when the ballot is counted.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 06:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: aravoth
I live in a state with mail in voting. Since we have had it, we have had a Democrat majority in our state Senate, in our major city councils, and bills requiring citizen votes have passed in favor of Democrats by narrow majority for over 20 years. We used to be a red state, with viable industry. It's all gone now.

What state is that, if you don’t mind me asking?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:15 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

News says otherwise.

www.charlotteobserver.com...

www.engadget.com...

www.forbes.com... arm-louis-dejoy/#3a16ef2c106f

www.ksat.com... san-antonio/
edit on 19-8-2020 by grey580 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Pelosi has made half the country nuttier than she is.

You mean 1/4.

Remember the two parties only represent 1/4 of the population each.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 07:48 PM
link   
please tell me how do you know they
dont just check to see if you vote trump.
then say some thing is wroung with the post and bin it?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 08:30 PM
link   
a reply to: scraedtosleep

You think all the people wearing masks and getting snippy about those that don’t vote regularly? Most of them are just doing as they are told by watching the news and think nor act any further than that.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 09:16 PM
link   

2.) Nevada changed their law last week to say a "postmark" is not necessary, and a ballot can be received up to 10 days after election day, and still be counted.

3.) The USPS said they needed money in April, because the shutdowns killed both business and junk mailings. A new Post Master General was hired. He "found" $25 Billion, and now says the USPS will be OK financially, through early 2021.

The Postmaster General will testify before a Senate committee this coming Friday, and a House Committee this coming Monday.

edit on 8/19/2020 by carewemust because: (no reason given)

new topics

<<   2  3 >>

join