It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A proposition to solve the kneeling issue

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:00 PM
link   
If you take away the vehicle, they have to walk.

Stop playing the National Anthem at sporting events. If there is no Anthem, they will have no spotlight to kneel in, and may be forced to take their message to a more appropriate location. I was irritated by this idea at first, but I'm warming up to it.

And for the record, I'm not against the message, but I am against how and when it's being given. I was never really a sports guy, but if I did watch, it was for entertainment. If I want to be blasted with politics, there are venues for that, and I can go find them. I don't want that when I'm trying to relax. So my no longer watching sports probably doesn't hurt anyone, but I'd venture a guess that enough people turned the channel to at least make it noticeable.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:03 PM
link   
a reply to: network dude

If you take away the National Anthem, the terrorists win!

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:05 PM
link   

We need to play the National Anthem to demonstrate that the gathering of people is not a meeting of insurgents plotting to overthrow the Government.

It is a demonstration of peace with the Government.

But yeah, we can stop doing it though 'cuz FREEDOM !!!

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Never understood why, outside the Olympics or International sporting events they played national anthems.

Take them away, maybe it will have a positive outcome and fans can make up a national anthem for their teams like you see in European soccer leagues.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:19 PM
link   

I love ya brother, but I strongly disagree. Ending our Anthem is caving to the ideals of special needs children. If they want to kneel, I wont watch or buy their products.

I'm a huge football fan(not ass huge as DBcowboy, shape wise) but I refuse to watch if I see a player kneel. I enjoy our Anthem and always stand with hand over my heart. Even when home alone.

Tearing down statues, banning flags, removing perceived items/songs/speech that's deemed controversial is absolutely ignorant. If you keep giving children ice cream for dinner, they'll grow to demand it.(that's why DB is so big)...

Goodyear just caved because of the potential backlash. Speak with your wallet, don't coddle these idiots!
edit on 19-8-2020 by KawRider9 because: cause I can't type

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:22 PM
link   

I say keep the anthem but keep players in the locker room...for ALL SPORTS.. As far as the NFL goes, my understanding is it wasn't introduced w players on the field until 2009 under Obama's admin. All the players were in the locker room during the anthem. I have no problem w the anthem, or pledge personally. But I agree. It's not a platform for personal politics.

Article Here

edit on 19-8-2020 by NightVision because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Could always call 'em Karen instead.

I'm meh on the anthem overall (it's really not that awesome on a acoustic level to my ears, entirely too "brassy") so I really don't care, BUT if you want to go there, nicknames are gold standard for dismissiveness

"Ok Karens, now that you're on your knees, should all the male spectators unzip?" LMFAO, I bet it'd take some wind from their sails. Not all, but some.
edit on 8/19/2020 by Nyiah because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:28 PM
link   
a reply to: NightVision

that would be a good way to deal with this as well. I wonder if the one's who run professional sports are interested in compromise like this to end the stupid.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:29 PM
link   

I have some solutions.

One is to stop caring about what wealthy spoiled brats think. Pro athletes have been fawned over for so long they think they matter.

Two is turning off sports. Their platform exists because people watch.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:30 PM
link   
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL, what if we make T-shirts that say, "Kneeling? While you are down there....."

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude
a reply to: Nyiah

LOL, what if we make T-shirts that say, "Kneeling? While you are down there....."

Even as a chick, I would wear that! If you're going to be at that height, might as well make it worth my while to put up with...

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:33 PM
link   
I second this

a reply to: NightVision

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:34 PM
link   
a reply to: strongfp

www.history.com...

and now, the rest of the story.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:35 PM
link   

What would be their reaction if they played the black anthem and white players took a knee?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:42 PM
link   
a reply to: KawRider9

I hear you. I'd just like to remove the venue for that stupid stuff to even take place. As a veteran, it irritates me to see it, but they are free to be idiots if they like. If they didn't have a way to do their little hissy fit, they would likely come up with some new way, and it might be enough for the majority to change the channel, thus showing them how wrong being a douche bag really is. But I agree it's like giving them a win. If the left wasn't about anti patriotism now, it might go over better, but with the way they seem to believe how evil our nation is, it would be seen as a positive for that side, and I wouldn't want that.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JON666

What would be their reaction if they played the black anthem and white players took a knee?

Um, that would be racist. I thought the United States of America had a national anthem, and it was the same one that's always played. Do they play that one at places that have separate drinking fountains?

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:45 PM
link   

for some reason I thought this was going to be the suggested solution

edit on 19-8-2020 by UpIsNowDown because: typo

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:52 PM
link   

A compromise solution.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 04:58 PM
link   
How about just ignoring it?

It is 2 minutes which doesn't add or take anything away from you, unless you let it.

posted on Aug, 19 2020 @ 05:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: network dude

originally posted by: JON666

Um, that would be racist. I thought the United States of America had a national anthem, and it was the same one that's always played. Do they play that one at places that have separate drinking fountains?

UUUm was it not black athlete's taking a knee to begin with no one said it was racist. So when white's do it's racist? No double standard there.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join