It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Goodyear U-Turns On Diversity After Losing Traction With Conservatives

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Chance321

The economic policies of the Obama administration can be characterized by moderate tax increases on higher-income earners, designed to fund health care reform, reduce the federal budget, and decreased income inequality.

Off the top of the hat, Obama helped end the 2008 Recession, contributed to the modernization of your auto Industries, received the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize, reformed your health care system, and also was the POTUS on the job when Bin Laden was eliminated.

So there is that.
edit on 22-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Quite frankly, if BLM/ANTIFA/LEFTiSTS/LIBERAlLS etal, those in support of BLM and their agenda, would suddenly place a bunch of orders for Goodyear tires...….you know, rally around Goodyear to show their support, then the boycott by those against Goodyear for their biased support of leftists agendas wouldn't be felt at all.

Remember when Chik-Fil-A was slammed by the Left and how the Right rallied around the restaurant? It's quite simple really.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: StoutBroux
They’re all driving second hand hankooks. Good luck with that.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 12:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: Guiltyguitarist
a reply to: StoutBroux
They’re all driving second hand hankooks. Good luck with that.

Yeah, I knew that. That's why I posted what I did. Because the Left WON'T rally around Goodyear. They don't give a cluck. It's all about them and only them and no one else. They are the type of people that cut their nose off to spite their face and literally cannot see the big picture. Like toddlers who haven't discovered they are only a small part of the world and the coexistence of it's denizens. Too egotistical for their own good.
edit on 22-8-2020 by StoutBroux because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Xtrozero

It shocks me that people do not remember just how bad it got under Obama. Families once able to maintain were no longer able to. Many lost their houses, their good paying jobs, Gas prices shot up...Obama wanted them to go to 10 bucks a gallon to force people more green...Meat prices went up about 50% in a very short period of time. As people lost their incomes and had to get jobs that paid less then 1/2 of what they were making before if they were lucky found the cost of living sky rocketed too.

Yup, same here. It's as if they are trying to forget the total screwed up job he did. I remember the video of him laughing about the "shovel ready jobs that weren't shovel ready." But then considering who he was got a major pass in the media.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 02:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: andy06shake

The economic policies of the Obama administration can be characterized by moderate tax increases on higher-income earners, designed to fund health care reform, reduce the federal budget, and decreased income inequality.

Off the top of the hat, Obama helped end the 2008 Recession, contributed to the modernization of your auto Industries, received the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize, reformed your health care system, and also was the POTUS on the job when Bin Laden was eliminated.

So there is that.

Right, tax the rich so they don't spend as much money buying products people make. (great idea there) Modernization of the auto industry? You mean putting people out of work in favor of machines? ( Yeah, another great idea) Nobel peace prize? For what he hadn't been in office for more then a couple months. That was purely for show cause he didn't do anything. Reformed health care? You mean the sky high copays? You mean the "If you like your doctor you can keep your doctor" BS? Or Pelosi's BS of "If you want to see what's in the bill you have to vote for it?" Bin Laden? Yeah? And what did obama do with the informant that let us know where he was? obama left him hanging.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 04:18 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I hope this is a sign of things changing back to a more normal. Then again when have things changed for the better.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Tax the rich that's correct makes sense as they have the monies to pony up.

As to putting people out of work in favor of machines???

Automation will make 90% of the human race unemployable within the next 50-100 years. And that's just how the world is heading, canny make products/machine parts just by the hand of man and expect to turn any sort of profit any longer.

As to Obama's care, a load of people actually getting health care that would otherwise be ignored, canny go wrong there.

Where is Trump's Nobel peace prize???

He would probobly choke on the thing.

edit on 22-8-2020 by andy06shake because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:01 PM
link   
a reply to: andy06shake

Obama.Care was so great, the Supreme Court nullified some key points that made a (planned) failure out of the whole mess 😆

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Well Obamacare is still standing.

With around 4.1 million Americans signing up for new plans so far this year according to your government reports.

Plenty of positivities where Obamacare is concerned, the problem being the conservatives amongst you, object to the tax increases and higher insurance premiums needed to pay for it.

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 06:37 PM
link   

posted on Aug, 22 2020 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Aye its in the post again by the looks of things, change that is.

posted on Aug, 24 2020 @ 08:57 AM
link   

I don't mind banning political slogans and symbols, try to keep a controversy free workplace. But then that has to apply to everybody and BLM has to be banned if MAGA and ELM are excluded.
Hell, I've wanted to put a 666 on the stupid face masks we're forced to wear. The Mask Of The Beast. But I'm sure some goofus would take that to mean I'm a satanist when I'm absolutely the exact opposite. Now a MAGA mask would be tempting if I saw a BLM mask or ANTIFA mask. But I hate wearing them and paying for an item to wear when i am opposed to wearing them just puts me in a dilemma.

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join